• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

A player is crazy to think their putter rolls away more than another putter.

No layup ever, should roll away if you throw it properly-- that's the point.

Aim, I agree with you 99% of the time. I do have to say though that I have Vibram soft Summit that rolls away very rarely. It's possible for it to roll but certainly does so less frequently. Usually when it hits on an edge and bends like a taco and flops like a wet pancake.

I do agree that there's not a whole lot of difference for roll always for most rigid (or even semi rigid) putters.

Atom is great putting putter by the way. Currently testing against a few others...

yeah something super soft is generally more foregiving to impacts but ive thrown some crazy FH rollers with a bowfly in my office parking lot ;)

Damn round things rolling on edge! I can still see my pure rolling 300' down a hill and across a walking path after my 2' tap in hit the top cage.

A player is crazy to think their putter rolls away more than another putter.

No layup ever, should roll away if you throw it properly-- that's the point.

My rental car got a flat on the way from Los Angeles to Carlsbad today - luckily I had my disc golf bag with me and I threw an Atom on there but now I rolled all the way to San Diego

There is a ton of pages even by making the posts per page greater, so I am going to ask a very obvious if not probably annoying question. What do these Atoms fly closest too? In keeping an eye on these threads I've also seen they have a fairly low profile too? Is that true? Thanks for any info

Lower profile than the Proxy, which I thought was on the low side. So, as a putter it's fast. As a flyer, I wouldn't know, I never used it that way.

There is a ton of pages even by making the posts per page greater, so I am going to ask a very obvious if not probably annoying question. What do these Atoms fly closest too? In keeping an eye on these threads I've also seen they have a fairly low profile too? Is that true? Thanks for any info

It's in the Pure realm. Definitely fast out of the hand and long off the tee. I'd give it a hair more HSS than the Pure and similar LSS.

Yep. even feels similar to the pure.

If you haven't thrown a pure it flies like a shallower aviar driver or almost like a slower midrange like a classic roc, just a putter.

I threw them in place of Opto Pures. I found Atoms have a little more HSS making them better in the wind, but they're both fast, neutral driving putters. The Electron durability was just not there to make them viable throwers for me.

yeah I am going to check out the proxy for a driving like role with a seasoned pure-ish flavaaaa. heard good things and never given one a shot.

I have slowly been using my proxy more and more as it has gotten warmer. It is the older stiffer slicker N and just didn't throw it much over the winter.

i so wanted to love the atom for circle duties. i think the last 3-4 years with ions and anodes conditioned my mind and grip to neutron for the circle. the chalkiness just throws me off. but off the tee and approaches that i want to stick, the atom shines. I hope to keep the one i have bagged in the spot its in now in terms of wear. if there are trees the soft envy gets the call for approaches. the atom is stealing shots from the envy and that scares me cause the envy is my all time favorite disc.

i so wanted to love the atom for circle duties. i think the last 3-4 years with ions and anodes conditioned my mind and grip to neutron for the circle. the chalkiness just throws me off. but off the tee and approaches that i want to stick, the atom shines. I hope to keep the one i have bagged in the spot its in now in terms of wear. if there are trees the soft envy gets the call for approaches. the atom is stealing shots from the envy and that scares me cause the envy is my all time favorite disc.

Wait until it gets dirty on a course, it's even worse then. The good news is that the chalkiness largely goes away over time. I have a new unused Atom and one that I use which I've cleaned off several times with water. The used one has lost its chalkiness and now just feels like a better Gateway super soft.

Wait until it gets dirty on a course, it's even worse then. The good news is that the chalkiness largely goes away over time. I have a new unused Atom and one that I use which I've cleaned off several times with water. The used one has lost its chalkiness and now just feels like a better Gateway super soft.

goot to know it is staying in the bag so as soon as the chalkiness wears off ill try it in the circle again

Ill try that i do have a stack of 4 cause i was sure i was gonna love them. ill take a few showers with them to save water you know for california and all! :p

Ill try that i do have a stack of 4 cause i was sure i was gonna love them. ill take a few showers with them to save water you know for california and all! :p

LOL, Northern California's mostly okay, it's the southern half of the state that's really being hit by the drought. In fact, where I live, we're actually slightly ahead of normal rainfall for the season.