• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Lots of good putters on the market right now. I've got about 6 molds I'd like to be bagging.

Totally agree. There are so many great P&A discs out there it would be really hard to go wrong. At a certain point it all comes down to preference. I personally love just about everything about the Atom and it has clicked for me more than any putter I've handled before. It still is tricky sometimes to carry only a few putter molds because they are just too fun to throw.

I'm having a battle right now between the scale/envy and the Serp/proxy/atom. Honestly toughest decision I've had to make in awhile. I honestly didn't think anything was unseating my watermelon envy or my proxy but the Serp/scale combo for approaches is awesome. Plus the Serp just loves to land in the basket.

Totally agree. There are so many great P&A discs out there it would be really hard to go wrong. At a certain point it all comes down to preference. I personally love just about everything about the Atom and it has clicked for me more than any putter I've handled before. It still is tricky sometimes to carry only a few putter molds because they are just too fun to throw.

Exactly. Lately I've had fun throwing the Ion, Envy, Proxy, Atom, Scale, Serpent, Credo, and even threw a nice RFF Wizard while I was in Ohio.

Really confused when it comes to neutral throwers. I've had nice shots with a beat Envy, 165 Envy, 175 Proxy, 175 Scale and a broken in Atom. Decisions decisions.

Beaten Envys have been my bread and butter straight putter, but lately the Plasma Ion has taken that spot back over. I do everything I can to avoid the 50 disc Feldberg bag or it'd be easier to take them all along.

Same here. For the longest time I stuck to one putter mold. The Envy is such a perfect slightly OS driving putter to me though, and beat Atom's have already proven to be a blast to toss around. Trying to stick to those two, plus a pair of Ions for putts & drives. Some overlap with seasoned Envy's and Ions but oh well. I want to bag the Proxy and Scale too, but they'd both overlap with existing molds.

Love my Atom, though it does seem prone to some nasty rollaways. I was playing a hillside course yesterday and on two holes I had near misses ricochet off the basket and roll 50-100 ft downhill. I might go back to my Aviar or Hunter in these situations.

The Atom has wrecked my bag. I want to carry two Envys, three Atoms and an Anode. Beat Envy or fresh Atom? Fresh Envy or Harp? Harp or Credo or Jokeri? Or Pig? Or get a bigger bag?

Its definitely one of the cloest discs ive thrown to a pure in flight and feel when brand new. Agree 10000000x on a firm/hard electron.

My Pure's are fadeless, while my Atom has fade, though it can easily be mitigated by release angle. I'm talking about longer putts and approach shots.

are we talking drives? I could see the desire for premium atoms. The envy is different enough when new.

isn't that the envy pretty much? Yes I know it has a bigger bead and not exactly the same but VERY similar.

are we talking drives? I could see the desire for premium atoms. The envy is different enough when new.

This. I find the Envy just doesn't feel the same in the hand, and it is more overstable on powered-down upshots. For my second most-used disc in my bag, I want a feel I can be confident in.

That said, I've done fine with the Electron Atom, so premium isn't really a need. Just a want. :D

I found the atom to have plenty of LSS when new considering it is a baseline disc too and yes on drives. Lighter weight envys are not quite as LSS off the shelf and come in plethora of premium plastics. I would easily bag both if I didn't rock the do it all 1 trick pony, ion.

I do have a proxy on the way with my order to toy around with a little. kind of miss that beat-in pure like disc even though the ions do work it might fit in my smaller bag very well.