• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

They should have offered the Ion in Electron before Plasma, if even Plasma at all. Same for the Anode.

I am still totally in love with my Atoms, and my comfort with them has really improved my scores. I'm not too worried about how "expensive" they are. They are 2-4 dollars more expensive than a traditional baseline plastic disc, but are also better feeling than most baseline and infinitely more consistent than most other manufacturers even with the added complexity of having an overmold. How many wizard throwers out there have to get lucky when you order online to get the softness and tackiness you want out of a wizard? It's not worth throwing aside that MVP is the most buy able company online because you don't have to worry what you're getting without feeling it.
Atoms throw real good for me too. That doesn't hurt

I called Gateway, (bee bop boo bop bee boo bee) told them I wanted stiff/flat/ rubber Wizard putters at a certain weight plus or minus a gram, and they totally hooked it up. I bought bulk for $7.50 a disc.

7.50 per Wizard or 12.99 or 13.99 per Atom, that's a sizable difference. I'm not trying to trash the Atom's durability, MVP , or anyone that throws them, I'm just clarifying why it may not be the best cycling choice. Even with that being said, I am pretty temped to try buy one anyways.

Electron is pretty special stuff, IMO. You should give it a try. Very chalky with great grip, especially when new. And the soft overmold sticks to chains really well.

I liked Electron just fine, they really need a stiffer blend and a more stable putter mold (Ion like) if it is to be cycled.

And like Butlertron said it's hard to beat a stack of 10 great putters how you like them at $80 shipped.

My atom's are beat to sh**. The frame of it bends like the innova Pro plastic so it is no longer lies flat and and the outer edge is slightly raised all around (kinda making it domey) from hitting baskets, chains, etc.

The outer edge (gyro) has a lot of nicks and cuts from baskets and chains as well... Looks like a dog chew toy from all the marks.

I have two 176g disc and all i do it putt with them (50ft and in).

Attachments

• IMG_7472.JPG
    IMG_7472.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
putting works but started to see a bit of tern out of my soft only after a few games.

You should see my Pro D Challenger after only 20 putts! The Atoms I have are firm Electron, and the overmold shows a lot of small dents and scuffing, but very few nicks or hangnails. I too use it only for putting, probably a 100 putts or so with it by now. So, I'll take Electron over Pro D or DX for durability any day.

You should see my Pro D Challenger after only 20 putts! The Atoms I have are firm Electron, and the overmold shows a lot of small dents and scuffing, but very few nicks or hangnails. I too use it only for putting, probably a 100 putts or so with it by now. So, I'll take Electron over Pro D or DX for durability any day.

Dont lump DX into a category with that crappy POO-d plastic! :sick:

DX is SUPERIOR to that mess! :thmbup:

Nice.

I have only been playing for about 7 months and have only used 4 different putters, so i have little to base my opinion on the durability compared to others. I have used proton anodes, DX rhyno, and Pro Rhyno, but only have thrown atoms enough to see wear.

I do have to say the chains seem to grab the Atom really well and pull it in even when half a disc off the chains..

connect four tournaments

I'm sorry but I just throw really hard. Huge dong.

Yeah it's bumming me out. Yesterday I layed up under an elevated basket only to have my safe play roll away. I really enjoy putting it and throwing though.

I wonder if the soft Atom will do the same. Might try a med pure as I am digging this design. I think the pure is about the same dimensions.

The soft Atom hits and sticks pretty well for me, no tragic rollaways yet.

Latest posts