• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I figured he would have a few to sell for himself. Thanks for the link, Aim :thmbup:.

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner to answer the Skulboy Atom question. And thanks to Aim for re-posting my link.

Disc Nation did do a pre-order and is now sold out (I have one left and a few of the Limited OG Atoms at the Skulboy Store.)
Last I heard Disc Nation was waiting to get more Atom blanks in to stamp.
Disc Nation is also a wholesaler, so other stores, pro shops and clubs can purchase Skulboy Atoms for resale. Stamp originates at Disc Nation, but is not exclusive to just Disc Nation to sell. Sorry again if that sounds confusing.

Has anybody else noticed that the Electron plastic doesn't hold sharpie? I don't know how to put my number on it and don't want to try exoerimenting.

Has anybody else noticed that the Electron plastic doesn't hold sharpie? I don't know how to put my number on it and don't want to try exoerimenting.

You could use silver Sharpie on the overmold, and highlight again as needed.

I have some random permanent marker that seems to hold up pretty well. I wrote inside the rim. It has faded somewhat but still perfectly readable. Don't have a sharpie to compare with, they are not widely available where I live.

Yup, I put my name on the inside rim, and after about 2mos, it's almost gone.

When I sharpied the bottom of the disc, it didn't stay for 5 rounds before it was almost completely worn off.

It's a slick ploy by MVP to increase sales. Lost discs can't get returned and have to be replaced. Plus someone else then has a found MVP in hand and is introduced to the product. Very clever.

So, I got a pair of Atoms over the weekend. I did not understand why the fanaticism was so high...until I touched them. And then putted with them. I need a Kleenex now to wipe the drool of ecstasy from my mouth.

Probably my favorite release of the winter. Just feels so nice in my hand and the combo of a 175 regular and 166 soft just works for me. Thought the theory would be my favorite winter release but it seems a little touchy in the wind (as all understable discs). Never felt so confident in my putting game!

...Never felt so confident in my putting game!

Same here. I am making longer putts, more consistantly than I ever have before. Just aim for the chains and putt. The confidence gain in knowing it is going to go straight makes me go for the long putts (50+ feet) rather than playing it safe with a layup shot.

You guys are killing me. Can someone compare the Atom to the Dagger? I thought I had committed to the Dagger but lately I'm not feeling confident at all (says the archer).

You guys are killing me. Can someone compare the Atom to the Dagger? I thought I had committed to the Dagger but lately I'm not feeling confident at all (says the archer).

Before making the leap I would suggest you throw some putts with your Envy.
The Atom is the same speed as the Envy. To me... they're both too fast for circle putters. They lack the glide and loft that a Dagger/Wizard/Aviar possess.

I rely on that glide to get me over the bucket and into the chains. If you are a forceful spin putter, the Atom might be fantastic for you as it is a straight to chains type of putter.

dagger is much more like a Ion in feel and has an older-school flight to it while the atom is new age high tech. Its like the pure where you can use it as a driver, midrange and putter without an issue and even excel at driving/upshots as much as they do putting.

The atom and dagger don't really compare. Atom and the pure or spike makes sense. If you want to change molds with different feel and flight to see if your putting improves its not a bad idea but really going to come down to confidence and practice.

Last edited:
The Atom is the same speed as the Envy. To me... they're both too fast for circle putters. They lack the glide and loft that a Dagger/Wizard/Aviar possess.

I rely on that glide to get me over the bucket and into the chains. If you are a forceful spin putter, the Atom might be fantastic for you as it is a straight to chains type of putter.

This is where I landed on the Atom too, as a straight up push putter. I decided to stick with the Anode even though I love Electron plastic.

What I really noticed was, from the outer circle, like 27' +, the Atom had a bit sharper fade on it that I didn't want to have to adapt to.

Over the past year my putting style has changed a bit so now I put more spin on my putts. That seems to work best with the atom. I really haven't noticed an issue with glide with my soft. In my opinion, the regular has less glide than the soft, at least within 40', and the less glide/more LSS with my regular makes it a great compliment for approaches.

Great advice. I do put with the Envy when the wind is an issue. I'm more of a pusher than a spinner, though. More molds is not the answer for me, I know, but I can't help wanting them.

I domed up an Atom slightly to mess with it. More glide and a little slower in the air. Will have to try some full shots though to see tomorrow. Wind is wickedly strong today.

So, after not really liking the atom and switching back to the serpent for a bit, I spent some practice time with my atoms. Back in the bag they are. I knew it was just a matter of time with as much as I love my envies. I have the utmost confidence in my putting now. It did take some getting used to though. I was a wizard guy, so, the lower glide of atoms took a minute to get used to.

Ive noticed my soft atom is beating in quickly as others have mentioned. No issue for me as I tend to have a heavy natural hyzer when putting and nothing so far grabs the chains like the rims do on these. Would love to see some way to get an electron rim on a neutron core of an envy...

Latest posts