• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Just being an ass.

Yes, I have one that has more turn. Not flip yet, but getting there. It doesn't even look bad though.

yeah, probably the same for mine. Both words (flip/tern) mean the same thing in my mind.

surprised how quickly the flight changed on my soft.

I've had a similar experience with my current Soft. It's seen its fair share of trees, and I haven't really had calm conditions to get a good feel for how much stability it's lost.

Mine are flipping pretty hard now, hyzerflip to turn. I need a more durable plastic. Plasma would be nice as long as it's stiff enough. I like the flex in the medium, how's a plasma blend compare?

its softer but responds more to temperature change. Its really soft when warm. If you want a premium plastic "atom" neutron envy or proxy are good options for now.

electron is fragile :\

Yeah no doubt it's fragile, Envy might be a better mold for Electron so as it beats it's just straighter before turning over too much, giving a longer life span. I got a couple nasty warps from tree hits, dime sized chunks, no bueno.

Felt up my first atoms today.

I'm a sucker for base plastic. Vectors, Tangents, Envies, Anodes, and Ions need to come in this asap.

how long would a soft vector last?

I really love the plastic, but I'm bummed by the durability. I know it's baseline.

me too

it's a really weak baseline plastic though. Fine for putting I guess.

Felt up my first atoms today.

I'm a sucker for base plastic. Vectors, Tangents, Envies, Anodes, and Ions need to come in this asap.

the faster discs would never hold up in the current blend. A vector would be damn near worthless and not sure the tiny bead on the envy would make any difference. Anodes/Ions OK but even then id love to see a harder version that was a little more durable. The grip is amazing but not sure id use it for anything other than putting...

Wow I said that this plastic wasn't durable enough for driving and called for a harder, more durable blend basically two months ago, and was dismissed by comments like "it's baseline" "what do you expect".
Now suddenly, after people have actually gone out and chunked and warped their atoms, everyone agrees. Hate to say I told you so but I told you so.
This plastic is great for putting but not even close to durable enough for driving. I mean it works, but it doesn't hold the stability past a couple/few rounds

Last edited:
not really...? but ok! There are lots of baseline plastics which are just as poor but im not sure that's a good thing and I think that's the point at the slightly higher price as well.

PS I started thread quoted below after the atom came out ;)

With the recent release of the tasty electron baseline plastic from MVP in soft and regular....I am curious if anyone would want a actual FIRM or HARD blend of this plastic.

Last edited:
I'm all for firm

Wow I said that this plastic wasn't durable enough for driving and called for a harder, more durable blend basically two months ago, and was dismissed by comments like "it's baseline" "what do you expect".
Now suddenly, after people have actually gone out and chunked and warped their atoms, everyone agrees. Hate to say I told you so but I told you so.
This plastic is great for putting but not even close to durable enough for driving. I mean it works, but it doesn't hold the stability past a couple/few rounds

it was really just a few people sticking to their guns for some reason. I think a lot of us were stuck inside due to weather. I complained about the durability early but I didn't have the chance to play real rounds until recently. Too bad it feels amazing.

I'm not playing fan boy here. My Atom looks like it's been run over by a car. It's legit out of round now and warped in the flight plate. It can still hold a hyzer, or flip to flat without turning over, even into a wind. It doesn't have as much fade as I'd like it to sometimes, but it still has plenty of stability.

I don't think anyone was maneeeee.I'd agree with that report-- this plastic never was said to be durable. I don't think it would hurt at all if the durability magically improved though like we have seen happen with some other MVP tweaks.

come on...I've had posts that were much worse than that.

I have an atom that is starting to flip, anyone else have one?

Yup, mine is getting there, just perfect for straight putts though. Long putting with it up to 90' or so.

I'm not playing fan boy here. My Atom looks like it's been run over by a car. It's legit out of round now and warped in the flight plate. It can still hold a hyzer, or flip to flat without turning over, even into a wind. It doesn't have as much fade as I'd like it to sometimes, but it still has plenty of stability.

soft? How far are you throwing?

Mine didn't start until I smashed some trees. The gouges from hitting rocks didn't seem to change much.

Why would anyone use a base plastic putter for driving anyway? Of course they are going to get beat to crap. Buy something else if you are targeting trees.

well, discs are made for flying and not tree hitting that's for sure :D I used the atom as a putter for many rounds all winter and it held up very well. I even was able to pass the pair on to a friend this spring and he has been putting with them great. He drives the plasma and neutron anode though so the atoms are straight ;)

Why would anyone use a base plastic putter for driving anyway? Of course they are going to get beat to crap. Buy something else if you are targeting trees.

Are you serious bro?

Last edited:

Latest posts