• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

So after throwing a pair of these for a few rounds on all distances angles etc they are basically a proxy with a tiny touch of LSS. I dont notice any less HSS or more true LSS like an envy. I crushed them in some good wind uphill/down hill around the hill etc. If you've thrown a slightly domey proxy which takes a little use to become that lazer.

Great disc overall but again like ive always said with peeps wanting a baseline proxy welp.....

32306823924_2a12cc9552_z.jpg

With the Atom now in Proton, I've been throwing it from the tee and for upshots.
One word description: STABLE. Love it.

Took the Skulboy P Atom out to the field and gave it several tosses against the regular version P, and an E Atom. As expected, both Protons flew the same, but they were both just shy in the glide department compared to the Electron. Stability seemed very similar for all three. This disc is so versatile, and it's great to have it in two plastic options now.

Got to throw a skulboy P Atom today. I was surprised at how far it was going for me. Seemed to be longer than my Proxy. I overthrew some holes that I had dialed in with the Proxy and Envy. It handled a FH pretty well too. I dig it so far as I did with the Envy and Proxy when new, but I always miss the tried and true Anode/Ion combo when I leave them in the truck. So many nice putters it's hard to bag only a few.

Proton Atom / Electron Atom combo is incredibly nice.

Where I'd rate the Electron 4/3/-1/0.25 (when slightly worn in)
................ and the Proton 4/3/0/1 (still fresh-hope it stays there)

But just great short range discs. I'm all about these atoms bro, haha. My buddies are sick of me saying "Shoulda thrown that atom,bro!" After every shot they biff.

I got a few to try the E Atom, now to push the P Atom. I'd probably push the P Atom more now because its not gonna beat and its more like a mini buzzz

Really enjoyed the few throws I got with my purple sparkles yesterday. I was really surprised that it had as much glide as it did. I was able to put myself into an easy three on hole 18 (short tee) at Osage Grove after a nice hyzer into the fairway and a solid tight-lined second shot. Better glide than I was expecting. I will keep throwing it for a while. I doubt it's pulling the CCR out of the bag, but I could see myself finding a spot in the lineup for a while for fun.

It slots right in between the Envy and Proxy from what little I've thrown it. All three molds have a ton of HSS. The Envy fades the most, the Atom second, and the Proxy not at all.

I'm interested to try out the Proton Atom. Electron was just too flippy for me. Got out recently for a Watermelon Proxy round and was generally "meh" about them, though I like driving with MVP putters.
Hoping these Skulboy Atoms get me hooked!

I'm interested to try out the Proton Atom. Electron was just too flippy for me. Got out recently for a Watermelon Proxy round and was generally "meh" about them, though I like driving with MVP putters.
Hoping these Skulboy Atoms get me hooked!

What was meh? You might not find much use for the atom honestly.

What was meh? You might not find much use for the atom honestly.

IDK, as a driving putter (which is all I'm interested in right now) I just didn't think the Proxy did much for me. I like the way it feels in the hand, but was a little more under stable than I wanted. I think I'll like the lower profile of the P-Atom (plus the the better durability vs electron).

You have tossed the envy right? P atom sits very well in the middle of envy/proxy while feeling a lot more like a proxy.

You have tossed the envy right? P atom sits very well in the middle of envy/proxy while feeling a lot more like a proxy.

I'm honestly not sure I have.
Like the other post, I think I'm looking to minimize molds overall, and move away from Innova/Discmania and toward MVP/Axiom/Streamline.
Not giving up my Bergs and Kaxes tho, lol.

Latest posts