• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

If you want straight from a putter, try the Proxy. So easy to control and manipulate.

Either the Atom or the Proxy will probably become my "one disc round disc" but otherwise it doesn't look like either makes he cut for the bigger bag.
Bothfee great in the hand though.

I have a neutron Proxy that's been sitting around and never thrown... maybe that's the winner... the melons didn't click that much.

If you want straight from a putter, try the Proxy. So easy to control and manipulate.

Either the Atom or the Proxy will probably become my "one disc round disc" but otherwise it doesn't look like either makes the cut for the bigger bag.

I have a neutron Proxy that's been sitting around and never thrown... maybe that's the winner... the melons didn't click that much.

Either the Atom or the Proxy will probably become my "one disc round disc" but otherwise it doesn't look like either makes he cut for the bigger bag.
Bothfee great in the hand though.

I didn't care for the Melon Proxies at all. Still in love with my Neutron though.

Visited the hometown this past weekend. Played a round with a long-time compatriot who's been working on his roller game after years of not rolling much. We were on the back nine and I handed him my Signal, telling him to try it out. He released it flat and it turned over, hit the ground, popped up to the perfect angle and went wheeling down the fairway.

After the round, he asked what model it was again. Then, when I was back at the hotel, he texted to ask again, because he'd forgotten the name. The next morning he called and asked if I'd sell it to him. I rather think he was impressed with it--it took but a single throw...er, roll.

Now I have to pick up a new one.

Also: I dropped off several new models for my brother. Gonna end up filling his bag with MVP discs.

So I dumped Aviars in favor of regular electron Atoms for putting. Digging the low profile and grip and sticking more putts. Also grabbed a firm electron and like how it throws, straight with some turn and fade. This is my first run with MVP/Axiom so I gots questions....

Has anyone beat a firm electron into an easy turnover disc? Not sure I want to cycle fairly expensive base plastic and a gateway shaman works reasonably well for me on the US side.

I assume a proton will be more OS. I currently bag a Zone and it's not leaving and I picked up a neutron Envy that I'm starting to click with on BH drives (can't dial in the FH worth a shixt though). Guess I don't really need a slightly OS Atom?

I have not beat in a firm electron, but I've beat in a soft electron and it's very good for slight turnovers, but it's not a Flip monster.

They will absolutely bomb once you wear them in though. I've thrown mine 300+ by accident a few times and hit metal on some holes where I was trying to lay up short. They just want to be in the air.

The Proton is slightly more stable, but I'd never compare it to a Zone. The Envy is pretty close to it though, and you wouldn't really need both.

The Proton is slightly more stable, but I'd never compare it to a Zone. The Envy is pretty close to it though, and you wouldn't really need both.

I figured as much, just wondering if I might prefer a proton Atom to the Envy to pair with the Zone. I guess I gotta keep working with the Envy since it wasn't cheap and they are kinda revered around here. I can always flick my Zone.

I figured as much, just wondering if I might prefer a proton Atom to the Envy to pair with the Zone. I guess I gotta keep working with the Envy since it wasn't cheap and they are kinda revered around here. I can always flick my Zone.

Envys are great, and the Proton Atoms are essentially the same disc lol.

Yea the P Atom just has a bit of wiggle b4 fading, whereas the Envy is just straight with late fade. Just depends on what you prefer. Envy 3 4 0 2 P Atom 3 4 -.5 2...ish

Last edited:
You guys kinda suck....just started throwing an Envy but like the feel of the Atom better and definitely get a better FH release with it. Now I wanna proton Atom.....

Guess I'll keep throwing the Envy and firm E Atom to make sure I prefer one over the other.

You guys kinda suck....just started throwing an Envy but like the feel of the Atom better and definitely get a better FH release with it. Now I wanna proton Atom.....

Guess I'll keep throwing the Envy and firm E Atom to make sure I prefer one over the other.
The Proton Atom feels like a different disc than the Electron Atom for me. The Proton feels bigger in the hand to me.

If you already like the Electron you should really give the Proton a try. They make a nice combo.

The Proton Atom feels like a different disc than the Electron Atom for me. The Proton feels bigger in the hand to me.

smoke20lotsnr2.gif~c200

If you already like the Electron you should really give the Proton a try. They make a nice combo.

I agree quite a bit. P atom does feel 'bigger' It is more stable for sure and even after a lot of use my P atom is still stable, which is awesome.

New Electron: 4/3/-0.5/1
Worn Electron: 4/3.5/-1/0.5
New Proton: 4/3/0/1.75
Worn Proton: 4/3/0/0.75

having 2 atoms is a KILLER combo and honestly it cut out my proxy/envy combo on a lot of courses, but there are times where the slightly slower speed and more glide of the proxy/envy comes in handy, depends on the course, conditions, and how I'm feeling, but......gun to my head - what would I bag? 2 Atoms

This is definitely not a phenomenon unique to MVP/Axiom. I've noticed in lots of other brands that baseline plastic versions of the same mold end up being more compact. I think it's due to the fact that baseline plastic shrinks more during cooling than premium plastic. You can see it pretty clearly when you put, say, an XT Colt next to a Star Colt or a Pro Pig next to a Blizzard Pig. The premium versions are slightly deeper and larger overall.

This is definitely not a phenomenon unique to MVP/Axiom. I've noticed in lots of other brands that baseline plastic versions of the same mold end up being more compact. I think it's due to the fact that baseline plastic shrinks more during cooling than premium plastic. You can see it pretty clearly when you put, say, an XT Colt next to a Star Colt or a Pro Pig next to a Blizzard Pig. The premium versions are slightly deeper and larger overall.

Same thing with Pro-D Roach vs. Big Z Roach. The difference is noticeable with the Z feeling much more "puffy".

So far I have not noticed any difference between Electron vs all other plastics in the Anode, Ion, Spin, Vector, or Volt. Just the Atom.

I stopped by a shop and felt up my first proton atom today. I expected it to feel different and it did, can't necessarily say it felt bigger. I liked it and would have bought it if it wasn't in an invisible smoke color.