• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I know this is what a lot of people want, but I'm just not sure how soon it's going to happen. The fact that they made an entirely new disc to debut Electron seems to point to the difficulties they've had in using it with their existing molds (something they spoke of in the Q&A on here last year).

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see MVP put out a beaded Atom in Electron prior to an Ion, but that's pure speculation on my part.

I think you're onto something. But time will tell.

I have completely transitioned into using the Electron Protos as my primary putters, getting a lot of driving and upshot duties as well. Do we know the Atom will be into full production by February? I need to get 2-3 of them by then for an upcoming tournament.

I have completely transitioned into using the Electron Protos as my primary putters, getting a lot of driving and upshot duties as well. Do we know the Atom will be into full production by February? I need to get 2-3 of them by then for an upcoming tournament.

I believe they tweaked the Atom protos a bit for the production run. Do you have enough blues to last you through the tourney? I would assume the regular Atoms will be released soon, considering their usual tester to release timeline.

My white, Blue, and Orange all drive and putt fairly similarly for my power range. The biggest adjustment was the plastic type. Now however they are all beating in pretty nicely, and I would love a week or two to season my Atoms here in the desert so that I have a comfortable (and importantly) PDGA approved disc for the tournament.

Am I the only dude who doesn't have one of these? I've been itching to try one since I missed out on the protos.

Release date isn't set, correct? Currently just "early 2015"?

Hmm. AFAIK, only the blues were Atoms. And the non-Atom protos are very different than the Atoms we received as testers.

Either way, I think you'll really enjoy the production run, and hopefully they'll come in early January so you'll have plenty of practice.

No release date for these bad boys yet?

Decided to stop babying one of my testers today and threw the crap out of it. It bombs. Tons of glide and easy to shape lines. Could honestly see dropping the Theory once these beat in a little, that's how easy they are to move. A few gashes on the overmold at the end of the day, but doesn't really seem to be affecting stability yet.

Can I please have a Volt in Electron?

I'll take an amp in electron. That would prob kick my gstar leopard out of my bag. I've been using the experimental atom as a perfect compliment to my envy.

Atom is to envy as leopard is to teebird. They just go together.

I'm surprised at how slowly these beat in. I have one I designated my beater, so I'll throw it off the tee on even the most wooded, pinball style holes. Its still in pretty good shape and doesn't really show anymore high speed turn yet, just lost some fade. Working it into a flippy putter slot.

Pink beater is firm, using a pair of softs as putting putters and for open drives / approaches where I won't hit things.

My experimentals are starting to get some stability beat out of them, but I'm also driving them on gravel fairways on a very regular basis. When I throw them high power on straighter shots they are gradually tracking right for 80% of their flight before leveling out. On soft hyzers they maintain straight flights 70% of the time before a healthy fade, and they are still holding good hyzers when thrown more steeply.

One flight characteristic that've been enjoying is their soft hyzer fade. When they are on the same angle as my Envys (even the beat ones) it seems that they don't penetrate nearly as much from right to left as the comparable envy shot which has been useful when I need to throw hyzer lines but don't want as strong a finish.

Community's got them up for preorder as of this morning. Put in mine for a soft +173. Curious as to how this will pan out.