• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

One of MVP's big plusses is the extreme consistensy of runs/molds. With the absolute ramp up of new products, and a new company, am I NOT supposed to be concerned that those qualities will begin to drop? Seen this before when other companies, not necessarily DG, have vastly boosted production.

One of MVP's big plusses is the extreme consistensy of runs/molds. With the absolute ramp up of new products, and a new company, am I NOT supposed to be concerned that those qualities will begin to drop? Seen this before when other companies, not necessarily DG, have vastly boosted production.

I think this is a valid concern. I do not personally share it, but one might be prone to wonder if a manufacturer that doubles, or triples production can sustain consistency. I have no doubt that quality is of equal concern to both Axiom, and MVP.

The proof of their commitment will be in the discs. :)

That's understandable. Normally for in-house disc makers it means some compromises from expanding beyond your existing capabilities. With MVP/Axiom, they're literally making General Motors and medical parts with the rest of a giant factory, along with the discs. If the disc production ramps way up, the foremen/techs (serious mechanical geniuses there!) can just deal with it. Can you imagine GM messing with a place that falls to pieces if they get more volume? The difference is in the context of their production, from quality to volume, it's because these are made by a legit molding shop with an unreal level of oversight and tinker-perfecting from the client.

It's worth pointing out that while MVP/Axiom has had a lot of releases so far this year, and another 5 discs announced that are yet to hit shelves, they do not seem to be rushing things in doing so.

That Q&A thread was very interesting where they pointed out how long they worked on some products before release and gave some info on R&D. And, while they seem to very attentive to the pulse of the conversations around their products, they don't appear to be letting that derail their proven, defined processes to ensure quality for the sake of getting a product to the marketplace.

If that were the case, I think you'd have a DD of some sort already on the market, which likely wouldn't be the type of DD they would ideally want to release if it were rushed. Or, various qualities of a Soft Neutron that may not be consistent from run to run.

They clearly have a plan they are executing, and adjusting it as needed to make sure they release their products when they are crafted properly via a repeatable process to maintain a high standard. That's what quality-oriented companies do.

That's why the next Volt I throw that riccochet's off a tree into the middle of a lake can be replaced by another off the shelf and we'll get along just fine. And, that's why they keep getting my money.

if the pattern continues, testers should have these mid to late next week, with the release on 3-14. making me think the inertia will be released 4-4

I don't think testers will have them a month before release. Mike will probably get his a little early, like usual.

That's understandable. Normally for in-house disc makers it means some compromises from expanding beyond your existing capabilities. With MVP/Axiom, they're literally making General Motors and medical parts with the rest of a giant factory, along with the discs. If the disc production ramps way up, the foremen/techs (serious mechanical geniuses there!) can just deal with it. Can you imagine GM messing with a place that falls to pieces if they get more volume? The difference is in the context of their production, from quality to volume, it's because these are made by a legit molding shop with an unreal level of oversight and tinker-perfecting from the client.

yawl diiiiiiiiiiiig?!:clap:

I don't think testers will have them a month before release. Mike will probably get his a little early, like usual.

uh, if the crave got to testers 3-5 im not sure how that is a month before the release of 3-14.

if inertia was to be released 4-4 i would guess testers would see them 3-26.

patterns, a part of life and not that hard to follow :|

its a matter of ramping up production for release. if demand is high more production is needed for initial release. I wouldn't assume anything is scheduled into stone. They don't make toothpicks over there.

Dealers cant even pre-order these yet. calm down!

I don't think jake was uncalm. Just speculating like EVERYONE ELSE EVER in these threads. Give him a break, his logic was sound. No need for fanboy-on-fanboy crime.

The Crave sounds great but I'm much less enthusiastic about their neutral driver the Ambivalent. I can see that disc going either way. :|

The Crave sounds great but I'm much less enthusiastic about their neutral driver the Ambivalent. I can see that disc going either way. :|

The ambivalent, the apthetic and the ambiguous can round out that grouping....