• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Personally, when thrown flat, I feel like I get a slight turn and more fade from the Servo than I ever did from a Teebird. Lighter weights get me a little more turn and a larger S line overall than the heavier ones. The fade is still pretty consistent tho.

Maybe where the Servo is an Eagle-X the Crave will be an Eagle-L?

Personally I am hoping for this to be MVP's TL. The Servo definitely has the turn/fade of the Eagle family, and since this is described as straight/neutral I am hoping for less fade than that.

I'm also curious to see the profile for this. Obviously the MVP fairway set is known for the flat tops, so I am wondering if the Axiom series will go domey, or at least more traditionally shaped. Since we got similar MVP-esque flights out of the Envy and Alias, but with different feel in the hand, it'll be interesting to see if the Crave follows that same route.

The Crave provides controllable straight flights with a great feel and loads of dual-color style. Relative to MVP drivers, the Crave is like a seasoned Servo. The popular "worn workhorse-stable" vibe is achieved with subtle wing contours that also feel great in the hand. The stability, range of weights, and easy throw make the Crave a GYRO™ rig staple.

And there you have it...mystery solved. I'll be looking forward to grabbing a Watermelon too! Looks pretty sweet!

dZv0vBOl.jpg

LOL. Those watermelon Craves make me smile. Those are so frikin' cool!

And I hate watermelon. :p

Somebody posted a pic on their metal flake Proton Crave tester, no word on Mike C previews yet or did I miss it? :)

Just to clarify I got sent testers in advance because Iam located in Sweden and it made sense to include them with my custom stamp order, which arrived here 2 weeks earlier than supposed

Mike C's Swedish cousin!

Thanks for the videos, brother. Looks a bit stable in your hands, yeah?

true fans dont need the pdgas inferior measurement specs.

Regardless of the PDGA specs, discs should be judged on performance in-hand. Flight charts, specs, ratings... they are all great to get you in the ballpark for what it's supposed to do, but you'll never really know until you experience it. I've never really understood how someone can just look at numbers and make a decision on a disc without putting it in their hands and letting it rip.

Thats true, the fanboys just buy them all and say every disc is the best! :doh:

Well, if the shoe fits... ;-)

Don't forget, MVP fans are also disc golf fans. Rest assured, some of us MVP fans continue to purchase lots of other discs from other manufacturers as well. There's plenty of new molds to choose from this year.

Personally, I've been enjoying the Westside Hatchet as of late and have enjoyed testing a Legacy Bandit and Patriot as well. Also, only recently have the Axis and Vector found homes in my bag after displacing an Atlas and Sentinel respectively. If a disc consistently performs better, it goes in the bag. MVP discs have been very consistent in my experience.

The Crave being a disc that replicates a beat Servo means someone can have both of those flight paths in the bag right off the shelf and use that immediately in their game. If they beat in a Servo and then either lose it or it beats in past a point of preference, there's not a hole waiting to be filled while another beats in. You just grab another Crave and hit the course.

No looking for pop-tops, flat runs, special colors, or different "X" runs.

Just off the shelf consistency.