• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

I just like giving you all a hard time, all in fun. I'm really interested in trying an Envy actually. I like shallow putters so this may be nice. I do like the MVP over mold design much more then Innovas. Those attachment points are really awful. I know they can do better.

I just like giving you all a hard time, all in fun. I'm really interested in trying an Envy actually. I like shallow putters so this may be nice. I do like the MVP over mold design much more then Innovas. Those attachment points are really awful. I know they can do better.

No offense taken here, so no worries :D

I know a lot of people who grip, adjust and spin the disc in their hand a little bit as they are linking up their shot... I've caught myself doing that as well. And, as soon as you hit one of those "Compass Points" on the underside, it just messes that whole routine up.

The Envy is a sweet disc. I have an atrocious forehand. It's something I'm working on, but have never been able to get quite right. But, with an Envy, I can forehand it pretty reliably for shorter shots into low ceilings and it's a spectacular driving putter. If you've held an Ion or Anode, it is more shallow and has what I call a "traditional" feel on the underside of the rim.

Doesn't hurt they're gorgeous too. I recommend the white core neutrons... the rainbow stamps are sweet.

They do look really nice. I had an Anode a while back, I guess a couple years ago. I had a soft Proton. What is this Proton like? I don't think they really say. Which is stiffer, the Proton or Neutron?

They do look really nice. I had an Anode a while back, I guess a couple years ago. I had a soft Proton. What is this Proton like? I don't think they really say. Which is stiffer, the Proton or Neutron?

The Neutron Switch's seemed to be a little softer and offer a little more grip than some of the older Neutrons I have. So, it seems like the Protons are harder. No official announcements on it, but some have speculated that they are potentially trying to differentiate the two plastics a bit more recently.

There's currently no "soft" option of either Proton or Neutron in the Axiom line. The Proton Alias and Envy I have has a little flex to it if you push on it, but they are towards the lighter end of the weight range. The heavier ones are likely a little stiffer, I suspect.

The big bold stamps on the Protons are nice and the color combos are sharp as well. Can't go wrong either way, really.

First off thanks for the look although it is hard to see TOO much.

Secondly. Lol, your not exactly doing any favors to dispel American stereotypes of euros with the music!

Glad you got your hards on what's likely a sweet disc bright and early though!

In my world I played for the first time in weeks. Had some great distance drives birding 4 tight 400 foot shots but struggled a bit with the touch shots and really missed having a servo in my bag. (Lost but found by another player) give myself a 5.5/10 on the open scale :/

Last edited:
Thats cool with me, I actually bought the Soft on accident, I wanted a Medium as I like stiffer plastic.

I do like the MVP over mold design much more then Innovas. Those attachment points are really awful. I know they can do better.

They kind of have. The Nova's building a bit of a following around here. A local guy putted lights out with one at a nearby tourney right when they dropped, then Barry and McBeth started bagging them. I've been seeing some randoms putting with them lately.

+1 on 'medium' Proton being the stiffest MVP plastic. I think the N may be a bit more pliant than originally, but it's not, like, Pro bendy. I like the N feel in the Switch and Servo ALOT.

Last edited:
First off thanks for the look although it is hard to see TOO much.

Secondly. Lol, your not exactly doing any favors to dispel American stereotypes of euros with the music!

Glad you got your hards on what's likely a sweet disc bright and early though!

In my world I played for the first time in weeks. Had some great distance drives birding 4 tight 400 foot shots but struggled a bit with the touch shots and really missed having a servo in my bag. (Lost but found by another player) give myself a 5.5/10 on the open scale :/

Im doing my very best to edit the videos to show as much possible, I am concidering getting a good camera to film with, but havent seen any point in it yet. We will see what the future brings.

Mike C's Swedish cousin!

Thanks for the videos, brother. Looks a bit stable in your hands, yeah?

Thank you! And thanks, mentioning me in the same sentence as Mike C is an honor. I have a wimpy arm. And if I hold this disc back, (when not going all out) it does act as if its alittle stable. I posted a review on the fanpage, Ill copy paste it in here:

Do you Crave it!?
This disc does just like every other discs made by the Brad RichardsonChad Richardson companies! It does EXACTLY what they say it does! Provides controllable straight flights with a great feel, this is a disc that is going straight in my bag. Volt is more stable than this one, and Servo is more understable making it a great inbetweener. As a matter of fact, I have never thrown a driver this straight, when actually trying to throw it straight. It will shoot right out of your hand and go where you release it just until it looses speed where it comes with a reliable hook,as a RHBH. The discs Ive tried out is 155 and 175, whereas the 155 got the most glide but on the other hand I need to hold it down to keep it striaght, else it will turn to much. It got EPIC glide, and beats my Volt in distance any throw I make. I find the profile pic on the Axiom site to be alittle off, my discs had a sharper edge than that, Ill try and upload a pic showing this as well. For the big arms I belive they will need to hold this one down even if they use max weight, but for someone with lesser power like me , its perfect.

Something to concider is that the only servo Ive tried is alittle light in wheight (167) making my comparison to Servo abit tacky.

Im doing my very best to edit the videos to show as much possible, I am concidering getting a good camera to film with, but havent seen any point in it yet. We will see what the future brings.

I wasn't trying to rip yah, just a touch of feedback. I know it can be tough to film disc. The right light sure helps but sometimes also it's about context too. I really like on tourney vids how they often show a map of the hole and the distance before it is shot. Then when you see where a drive ends up it can give you context even if you don't see the shot finish.

Hope you had fun filming it and if so I'm sure we'll see more if yah did. Enjoy those sweet discs! Did you get the light one turned over? Edit: just read your post above about it turning too much if not on enough hyzer...so yah, that answers that.

Sounds good! Seems like this will be the Teebirdesque complement to the Servo's Eagle-type flight. Would you call that an accurate statement, MVPVolt? Or is the Crave fading less than a Teebird would?

Sounds good! Seems like this will be the Teebirdesque complement to the Servo's Eagle-type flight. Would you call that an accurate statement, MVPVolt? Or is the Crave fading less than a Teebird would?

I think by design that is accurate. Specially once seasoned it sounds like the servos are really acting more eagle like by losing a little HSS but still keeping the fade and it seems like these have the volt style flight with a softer fade. "teebird" is a relative term too lol :D

A lot of those shots were 230 feet range, can't tell much from that range. I'm guessing this will be more Eagle L flight when Mike puts some power behind it. Mild turn and fade is my guess at 350-400 feet and flat/slight hyzer release.

It has been a while since I threw a Teebird, but Id say Crave is fading less than a Teebird

A lot of those shots were 230 feet range, can't tell much from that range. I'm guessing this will be more Eagle L flight when Mike puts some power behind it. Mild turn and fade is my guess at 350-400 feet and flat/slight hyzer release.

Just what I wrote in my review of this: For the big arms I belive they will need to hold this one down even if they use max weight.

Although Id say the flightpath you are describing is what we will get to see from Mike. And I am looking forward to see his video.
I should get my friend to throw some longer shots next time, he has a cannon.

This is sounding very cyclone like which is something I would be happy with.

I had a thought earlier today: If this is MVP's version of the FD, it is going to be very popular. That's almost what it is sounding like, based on the description and early returns.