• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

ick. :gross: that will NEVER happen. Innova's is horrible from a manufacturing standpoint which clearly MVP is taking on.

MVP is all for supporting retailers.

What does a factory store have to do with manufacturing? Retail and manufacturing are two completely separate animals.

The alternative to selling wholesale to distributors or retailers is to sell retail either through company owned stores or online. Advantages include receiving a larger slice of the price paid by the consumer.

Innova is successful in this venture because they have the brand recognition which can support such sales internally but is a bad practice for the current DG industry. DD would have been dead long ago otherwise.

What does a factory store have to do with manufacturing? Retail and manufacturing are two completely separate animals.

Here is an example of good business practices and operations which generate income for many levels of companies producing consumer products.

800px-Supply_and_demand_network_%28en%29.png

there are companies which specialize in each thing and can further your business given the growth it has vs trying to do things internally. Innova is a great example of this. Their website cant even support the customer demand....

Here is an example of good business practices and operations which generate income for many levels of companies producing consumer products.

800px-Supply_and_demand_network_%28en%29.png

there are companies which specialize in each thing and can further your business given the growth it has vs trying to do things internally. Innova is a great example of this. Their website cant even support the customer demand....

I was an SCM major in college and worked as an SCM analyst for years. I know how it works. You said Innova is a horrible manufacturer because of the factory store. That'slike saying Ford is a horrible car builder because their dealerships suck. Those are complete different business units/segments.

You are comparing apples to oranges.. Dealerships don't build cars and rely on service income to survive.. just like your cell phone is not made at best buy or the Att/Verizon retail outlets'

In an industry where your company was built on retailers selling your prodcuts its a slap in the face to sell the most $ making ones exclusively. WHen DG gets as big as car industry we can talk. Retailers make as much off computers as about DG discs which is why I gave the example. There is little margin to work with.

It would be like if you could go to Wilson's website and buy their rackets straight from them. Clearly a successful company wouldn't do that since they sell through regular retailers. :|

You are comparing apples to oranges.. Dealerships don't build cars and rely on service income to survive.. just like your cell phone is not made at best buy or the Att/Verizon retail outlets'

In an industry where your company was built on retailers selling your prodcuts its a slap in the face to sell the most $ making ones exclusively. WHen DG gets as big as car industry we can talk. Retailers make as much off computers as about DG discs which is why I gave the example. There is little margin to work with.

How come you're slamming the Factory Store, but you don't have a problem with DiscGolfValues? DGV is Innova East and was the Factory Store before the Factory Store existed. Last I checked, several of the discs on the Factory Store are available at online retailers as well.

What about Gateway? They're selling out of the factory, often at wholesale prices. I bought several 10 packs of Wizards for $7/disc shipped. Retailers couldn't compete with those prices.

It would be like if you could go to Wilson's website and buy their rackets straight from them. Clearly a successful company wouldn't do that since they sell through regular retailers. :|

and ebay/amazon are just lucky flukes? or target and Walmart?

Its different for large cap. companies which can support and compete internally having direct marketing as well as sales outlets. These companies were likely built through retail operations promoting their products.

You guys are right.. lets put all the DG retailers out of biz and order direct. No one buys from retailers and TimG doesn't make any ad $ either. who needs em?!

Last edited:
and ebay/amazon are just lucky flukes? or target and Walmart?

Its different for large cap. companies which can support and compete internally having direct marketing as well as sales outlets. These companies were likely built through retail operations promoting their products.

You guys are right.. lets put all the DG retailers out of biz and order direct. No one buys from retailers and TimG doesn't make any ad $ either. who needs em?!

I don't think it is MVP's or Innova's or anyone else's responsibility to keep other operations in business.

Can we get 4-5 more threads about this stuff? Some of us desperately need to pad our post counts. :rolleyes:

You always run into the problem of the unpopular colors and retailers being stuck with them. I used to be into collecting comic book action figures and cases were packed so that certain characters that they thought might not be as popular were packed in less quantity.

After a couple of months you'd find nothing but that figure and stores would not reorder because they already had so much stock but they were stuck with the ones that didn't sell. So, log jam.

Many times a retailer can return unsold stock but i don't think MVP is big enough to do that and probably would not want to eat that stock anyway.

Maybe allowing retailers to order exact color combinations. This would help but retailers would still have to buy a lot more stock on a single mold to cover the additional color combinations.

Can we get 4-5 more threads about this stuff? Some of us desperately need to pad our post counts. :rolleyes:

Gonna need to be at least 11 or 12 to really get my post count to where I want it. And I really hope all of them involve Aim for the Chains as leader of the debate team. :gross:

So it seems like out of the two new discs people are more excited for the envy. I have never thrown a Axis so I guess that helps to fuel my in the Alias. I like my Tangents but something with more fade at the end of its flight similar to the Servo would be awesome. In terms of flight numbers I would like to see some the 4 4 -1 2 .