• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

It's weird. Like your old school art class erasers. **** works tho I don't even use a towel in winter just have to rub it in snow to get dirt off. Bdod bought all mine or I'd send you one to play with.

Fell totally in love with the Crave today. That disc is money for me. Headwind? No problem. Left to right or right to left wind? Throw the Crave. Just a great disc.

teebird like?

I've never tossed one.

Nowhere near as hss As star or champ. Has a little more drift than a good dx, which shouldn't turn really. I personally feel it's Tl like With more fade. It's a very straight disc, but it has some line shaping capability too.

However, there are many who disagree with me, and say they certainly are like teebirds. and I have only thrown 2.

I wouldn't call it teebird. Nor tl. It's really it's own thing. I was rather impressed with its wind fighting ability. Great fairway driver for sure.

Nowhere near as hss As star or champ. Has a little more drift than a good dx, which shouldn't turn really. I personally feel it's Tl like With more fade. It's a very straight disc, but it has some line shaping capability too.

However, there are many who disagree with me, and say they certainly are like teebirds. and I have only thrown 2.

Raises hand. You do hunt down nice teebird right? I've had A crave with more wiggle but it also was a touch lighter. I find the crave to be almost too HSS when new it's too much like a volt.

Threw a Proton Crave side by side with an S-Line FD. They repeatedly landed within a few feet of each other. My conclusion: Crave and S-FD are pretty much interchangeable. I would compare the flight to a seasoned but not thrashed DX Teebird, but without the Teebird's freakish ability to lock onto a straight line. Crave and S-FD fly more of a tight S-curve.

I have not yet thrown a Neutron Crave.

Raises hand. You do hunt down nice teebird right? I've had A crave with more wiggle but it also was a touch lighter. I find the crave to be almost too HSS when new it's too much like a volt.

My experience is in line with Aim's. I find Neutron Craves to be a bit more HSS than the Proton version, and these, if anything, surprise me with how much HSS they have. Workable for sure, but on a hyzer flip out to 325' they fly dead straight for me before a small fade out at the end.

Tight S curve, as Monocacy put it, is a good description.

Threw a Proton Crave side by side with an S-Line FD. They repeatedly landed within a few feet of each other. My conclusion: Crave and S-FD are pretty much interchangeable. I would compare the flight to a seasoned but not thrashed DX Teebird, but without the Teebird's freakish ability to lock onto a straight line. Crave and S-FD fly more of a tight S-curve.

I have not yet thrown a Neutron Crave.

flat or hyzer release?

You'd hate my tb then. They're over stable. I can see the comparison to thrashed Premium tb or seasoned dx but tb are just straighter. It's like an investment. They both have merits. My craves were supremely workable Out of the box And I really did like them.

Maybe I'll just have to try throwing someone else's crave.

its just weird b/c I cant think of a much straighter flying disc than my seasoned crave. Literally flew down hole 4 BRP on a frozen rope for a easy look at 3 and if I could hit long putts it was a 2'er no joke. Best shot ive ever thrown on that hole. Same with the BRP hole over the pond on the back side before the driving range.

It would probably take me 5 tosses with my ghost to get to the pin on Hole 4 :\

It would probably take me 5 tosses with my ghost to get to the pin on Hole 4 :\

don't worry, we all have hit a snowman on that hole im sure one time or another. That shot was in practice too playing first few holes before we circled back. :| Axiom bright ass OM just makes your disc easier to see regardless of which 50-100 tress you bounce off.

I joked and asked if could just leave my drive there to count it for the round lol.

I was just on the Axiom site, I don't know if its just my computer but the page's tool bar drop downs were hiding behind the teaser video.

Last edited:
Dunno, its weird once I click a tab and go to another page, they work fine. Just doesn't when the first page with the teaser is up... Another reason I need to learn more about these infernal machines.

Picked up a lighter proton crave today to compliment my Halloween stamp. And I noticed the plastic is much softer, more tacky, and flexible than normal proton. Is this a new blend like we are seeing with the neutron insanity? If it's a sign of things to come it's a great time to be a gyrohead!

Latest posts