• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

As stoked as I am for the Theory, the Proxy is what I've been longing for. Wish I didn't have to wait till winter...ugh!

The flight is actually very similar to a broken in Ion. Being so new to the Proxy it's hard for me to pinpoint exactly how the flight differs from the Ion. On one hand it feels just a touch more neutral than a fresh Ion, but it also seems to resist turning over better. I feel like I get a cleaner release with the slim profile design so maybe that's why I'm noticing what I am.

BTW the editing is done, it turned out good.

My main Ion is ~ 3 years old with heavy use and I still haven't gotten it to turn without OAT. I don't like the curved inner rim, or the depth, but I've been using them since the first textured mediums came out because they fly so good. As soon as a soft Proxy comes out I will have to try one.

Soft Proxy:popcorn:

10389191_555281861269597_5962734831806991441_n.jpg

to go along with the MVP dri-fits! Now everyone quit your bitching :p

Quick Axiom questions. My go to midrange/approach disc has been a buzz for a couple years. I carry a beat x that is pretty straight with a little high spead turn, a new x buzz that give me a straight flight with moderate fade at the end and a z buzzz for when i want more hyzer and fade at the end.

I love my MVP volt, ion and tesla. So I keep checking out the alias to try something axiom. Where do you think the alias would compare to my buzzzs? Basically, should i even bother trying an alias out if i am enjoying my buzzz collection

The Alias is slightly slower than a Buzzz. It's more HSS and a little less LSS in my opinion, making it a straighter, if not shorter disc. I carried Buzzzes for a long time and only stopped carrying them because I threw mine into a creek and couldn't go in for it at the time. For me they would overlap some, but I could still use them for different shots. For what you use your Buzzzes for though, you will probably be pulling the Alias for the same shots.

FWIW I have gotten better since I threw Buzzzes, so my comparisons might not be spot on. I was throwing my Buzzz 200-220' and I get my Alias out to 280' sometimes with averages closer to 250'.

I'd rather buy a regular size disc at that price. C'mon Axiom, release your DD's already.

Quick Axiom questions. My go to midrange/approach disc has been a buzz for a couple years. I carry a beat x that is pretty straight with a little high spead turn, a new x buzz that give me a straight flight with moderate fade at the end and a z buzzz for when i want more hyzer and fade at the end.

I love my MVP volt, ion and tesla. So I keep checking out the alias to try something axiom. Where do you think the alias would compare to my buzzzs? Basically, should i even bother trying an alias out if i am enjoying my buzzz collection

Buzzz is more similar to an MVP axis in speed and how it shapes flights with a tangent being a baseline buzzz(comet) ... Without having any lower grade plastic options currently it makes having a single MVP/Axiom mid ITB very difficult. The alias really excels at flying straight, straight, straight. A theory is a must have IMO when throwing MVP/Axiom mids and the tensor/vector fill the OS roll well.

If you enjoy the buzzz and have multiple its hard to say you should make a change at all and really would need 2 of the above MVP?axiom molds to fill the one buzzzz slot.

Buzzz is more similar to an MVP axis in speed and how it shapes flights with a tangent being a baseline buzzz(comet) ... Without having any lower grade plastic options currently it makes having a single MVP/Axiom mid ITB very difficult. The alias really excels at flying straight, straight, straight. A theory is a must have IMO when throwing MVP/Axiom mids and the tensor/vector fill the OS roll well.

If you enjoy the buzzz and have multiple its hard to say you should make a change at all and really would need 2 of the above MVP?axiom molds to fill the one buzzzz slot.

thanks for the input. I am not necessarily looking to replace anything, just was wondering if it was worth buying, or if it would be too similar to a buzzz and i wouldnt wind up throwing it much.

Had a bit of a chat about this in the Proxy vs Envy thread but I thought I'd come here to solicit some more opinions.

Anyone have an opinion on the Proxy/Tangent pair versus the Proxy/Theory pair? I've bagged a Tangent for a while now but am wondering if the Theory would be a better complement.

Don't have a Proxy, but I have been carrying Tangent/Theory/Atom lately. Tangent had been out for a while, and I had forgotten how fun it is.

I think for me it'd have to be one of the Theory and Tangent; I'd find too much overlap with both. The Proxy is unique for its HSS in comparison for the other two. The Tangent is definitely a flip to flat and fly straight kind of disc, but it's also much more liable to drift right in tight quarters than a Proxy. I'm wondering if I'd be better off with the increased turn of the Theory and just leave straight to the Proxy. It's not as long as the Tangent, but probably long enough for most situations.

Fell totally in love with the Crave today. That disc is money for me. Headwind? No problem. Left to right or right to left wind? Throw the Crave. Just a great disc.

It only gets better as it beats up too. Craves are my favorite disc from axiom along with new theory. Both made the bag right away and killed some holes with them since.

Latest posts