• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

Picked up a lighter proton crave today to compliment my Halloween stamp. And I noticed the plastic is much softer, more tacky, and flexible than normal proton. Is this a new blend like we are seeing with the neutron insanity? If it's a sign of things to come it's a great time to be a gyrohead!

I've got a Crave like this as well. It's clear. It's also got more HS turn I feel like.

The new softer Proton Crave flew almost exactly like my Halloween one. In fact I hit chains with it so I decided to throw the Halloween one as well and not only did it also hit chains, they actually ended up laying on top of each other on the ground... Spooky!

Axiom has stayed clear, so far, of the 18.5mm Volt class of drivers. There has to be some room in there for a couple of sweet molds. I would say at least an US complement to the Amp, and OS to the Shock.

Sorry man but the only thing that has come close to the flight of my first run Volt is the Relay. Plasma is sweet and it is in the bag but NOT the same flight.

You must have had a weird FR volt. The few I first bought all were pretty OS except when domed or below 171g. I had some disc nation stamps which were more like amp of today but cant imagine relay style stability.

It's an amazing flight and why I've been digging the Relay so much. It hyzer flips so well and seems to glide forever, but it won't burn or cut roll at the end. With enough height it even will fade a touch at the end. Maybe I need to beat in my plasma a bit more, although my FR was basically unthrown when I got it.

I never could get into the crave. I felt like I had better throws with similar fairways.

Too flat of a top?

I've found the Crave to be my go-to fairway driver when I need straight shots.

I believe they were flat but the flatness didn't bother me. I don't know how much that would have affected the flight.

I wonder if I should have gotten them in a lower weight?

I believe they were flat but the flatness didn't bother me. I don't know how much that would have affected the flight.

I wonder if I should have gotten them in a lower weight?

Nah, I'm an obnoxious fan-boy, and I never gelled with the Crave either. I prefer the Servo for whatever reason.

Nah, I'm an obnoxious fan-boy, and I never gelled with the Crave either. I prefer the Servo for whatever reason.

The Servo and Switch were two of the biggest letdowns from MVP for me. Maybe I didn't give them enough of a chance, but I have traded both and missed neither. The only two discs I've liked out of that class have been the Resistor and Inspire, although I've never given the Crave a fair shot. To be honest I didn't feel like any of the slightly OS to slightly US molds did enough to differentiate themselves from the Volt/Amp class for me to bother with.

To be honest I didn't feel like any of the slightly OS to slightly US molds did enough to differentiate themselves from the Volt/Amp class for me to bother with.

Yeah, I'm having a moment right now, with all the releases this year especially, where I need to make some decisions about what molds I need to carry and which I don't.

But I'm a Servo guy, for sure. I might wind up with like 5 of them in the bag, like 'berg used to do with Eagles.

It took me a while to gel with the Crave. I liked my Inspire better. I threw it occasionally, then one day, one of those throws just clicked and I knew how to throw it. Now it's the only driver I need.

Soft proxy :popcorn:

Soft Sloth(envyOS) :popcorn:

I approve this post:thmbup:

Come on MVP winter is just around the corner time to release a soft Proxy.

Soft Proxy:popcorn:
Just think as soon as MVP releases a Soft Proxy and a Soft Envy OS I won't have to post any more, and if I do they will take up less space since they won't be full of blank lines.

Latest posts