• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

Looks like they are copying Innova...... :thmbdown: I thought MVP did their own thing. Nothing special here. Time to move on. This is my first post in a MVP thread and I must say it will be a hit. :D

See. Im not the only one. And don't forget quest did the overmold first

Starting a new brand allows them not only to go for new looks with the colors, but also to name discs in non-electrical engineering terms. It maintains the MVP brand and allows them the opportunity to do some different things. I like it.

Lost in all the trolling and head scratching is enthusiasm. Nobody is saying, "It took me by surprise, but I'm excited for what lies ahead!"

It's going to be a great year for MVP/Axiom...whatever else they have cooked up. :thmbup:

I think the local authorities need to conduct welfare checks on some of the MVP fanboys after this announcement. I'm concerned that some may be thinking about harming themselves. I don't know how many times these guys can get all excited for base plastics and distance drivers, only to have their dreams crushed like a bug on the sidewalk. It's ok guys, Hammer is here for you.

*hugs*

I think the local authorities need to conduct welfare checks on some of the MVP fanboys after this announcement. I'm concerned that some may be thinking about harming themselves. I don't know how many times these guys can get all excited for base plastics and distance drivers, only to have their dreams crushed like a bug on the sidewalk. It's ok guys, Hammer is here for you.

*hugs*

I'll have a hug for you this afternoon around 5 Pacific. ;)

Sorry, couldn't go this whole time without a little football smack talk. Who Dat!

A few thoughts - the Alias is smaller in diameter than the Axis. That should make them different enough. Those who love the Tangent will most likely buy the Alias. I'll certainly give the Envy a try.

Also, fans of MVP seem to collect all the different flavors. Increasing the color combinations could increase sales among current customers while appealing to a broader market like: females, youths, disc customizers.

If indeed discs with multicolored over-molds prove to be difficult to produce with consistency or a bold move in the product direction flops it could be safer to have a distinct brand to protect the core company.

A few thoughts - the Alias is smaller in diameter than the Axis. That should make them different enough. Those who love the Tangent will most likely buy the Alias. I'll certainly give the Envy a try.

Also, fans of MVP seem to collect all the different flavors. Increasing the color combinations could increase sales among current customers while appealing to a broader market like: females, youths, disc customizers.

If indeed discs with multicolored over-molds prove to be difficult to produce with consistency or a bold move in the product direction flops it could be safer to have a distinct brand to protect the core company.

most of this is true. Question for MVP guys. if they had just released these two molds without the fancy colored rims would u even care?

So retailers are supposed to stock 144 color combinations in two different plastic types for each mold and in different weights?

Wham-o actually made the first overmolded discs too...not quest.

Back to the actual discussion though, I'm actually curious if this is a business venture put together solely by MVP Disc Sports, or if it was at the behest of somebody putting out some substantial backing to make a run into the disc golf market via an established company. This isn't exactly a small thing...this probably outweighs the previous five releases combined in terms of production planning, monetary commitments, inventory stocking...

Like I said on page one, probably still way more questions to be answered in the next few months as the season gets going. Should be interesting.

Latest posts