• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I love my eclipse Ion as my approach disc. I use it on every approach shot and am learning to shape some shots off the tee with it.

I also like using my ion for shot anny shots. It holds the line great or I can change the angle slightly and while it won't quite turn back, it'll stall out and plop straight down.

I am interested in the Envy just for the more shallow feel. That's the one thing that I'm not crazy about with the Ion or driving with putters in general. The depth of them causes the disc to sometimes get caught on my fingers on release.

High speed stability of a Rhyno whith more glide and a somewhat different feel I think sums it up pretty good. At least the one I have.

^^ That's pretty much how I described it in my initial review. Although I think the Champ Rhyno is just barely more OS. The glide is a good bit higher on the Envy.

For me at least I find it has a very good combo of speed, glide and reliability.

Reliability - that's a big one, and why I believe this disc will win over lots of folks. You don't have to drive the thing 420' to see the reliability in the disc. I think that's important for others to hear.

It will be an EASY disc to see for sure on the course given the color combos so who knows maybe there is room for 1 envy and only 2 ions over 3... lol

They are gorgeous in person. And, Aim, that's the same boat I'm re: bag space. I've really come to like and prefer throwing Ions in approach situations since they are controllable/reliable and my misses aren't as consequential. There's several courses I play that have a tree-guarded baskets with low ceilings, and that flat flight with the hook at the end of the flight would be a perfect line. There was a basket placement right along a water line that I was throwing parallel to, and the Envy just came right back in towards land and sat down under the basket. I've always been a bit leery of using the space to the right of the basket out near/over the water on that shot in the past and afraid I'll toss one in if it flipped or turned at all with a different disc. Envy killed it though, and will likely take a spot from an approach Ion in the bag for that reliability.

I am interested in the Envy just for the more shallow feel. That's the one thing that I'm not crazy about with the Ion or driving with putters in general. The depth of them causes the disc to sometimes get caught on my fingers on release.

This is my issue when I drive with Ions. I'm kicking myself for not throwing the Envy for some drives when I had the chance to test this (The course was a long one, and it just never occurred to me - DOH!). The difference in the rim feel was instantly noticeable though. I was never worried about the rim catching my fingers at all on any throw. I think you'll be pleased in that regard.

The Envy is slightly more stable than a KC Aviar. It may have the same fade as a DX Rhyno. The one I threw vs the Envy was a 9.5/10 gummy Champ so I'm not sure. I feel like you can lay into it more than you can a KC Aviar/Wizard/Ion.

It's also flat, and shallower than the KC.

Envy is my fav driving putter to date. Rhyno esque feel but it actually glides. Such a trusty disc straight to slight hyzer or on a hyzer. To me this is the best example of gyro yet. Where a Rhyno would s turn and dump as it slows down drastically the Envy holds straight with quite remarkable high speed stability but little fade until the very end. I definitely threw mine way past some 300' esque midrange holes today. I was super excited to "unlock" this disc in tourney play today. Def got some quips, " is that thing even approved" after parking three in a row. Not only is this disc exciting in itself but to me I'm just stoaked on the last few releases and feel like MVP is just hitting their stride.

I know this isn't going to replace my Zone. But what I'm toying with is whether or not I want to replace my Moonshine Judge. Those things seems to be moving up in rarity/resale value. And the Judge was supposed to be that tick more stability off the tee from my Opto Pure. Sounds like this is the next tick to the over stable side from the Moonshine Judge. So could still be useful if I keep a beat up Judge for more under stable putter duties.

The biggest problem is I'm a mold minimalist. 4 drivers, 3 mids, 2 putters. Bagging an Envy throws off my Feng Shui.

I know this isn't going to replace my Zone. But what I'm toying with is whether or not I want to replace my Moonshine Judge. Those things seems to be moving up in rarity/resale value. And the Judge was supposed to be that tick more stability off the tee from my Opto Pure. Sounds like this is the next tick to the over stable side from the Moonshine Judge. So could still be useful if I keep a beat up Judge for more under stable putter duties.

The biggest problem is I'm a mold minimalist. 4 drivers, 3 mids, 2 putters. Bagging an Envy throws off my Feng Shui.

Brother, those moonshine judges are going to be a dime a fozen (or the simple lucid will be at the least) soon, and the premiums people are paying now will be a joke.

You could pay for both new axioms discs selling your judge, and when the regular run judges come out switch back without losing any money overall. Nif the envy captures your heart, then no need to rebuy a judge and your feng shui will be in balance either way!

The Envy is slightly more stable than a KC Aviar. It may have the same fade as a DX Rhyno. The one I threw vs the Envy was a 9.5/10 gummy Champ so I'm not sure. I feel like you can lay into it more than you can a KC Aviar/Wizard/Ion.

It's also flat, and shallower than the KC.
Thank you sir. The shallow rim might be nice for my litlle girl hands. This might be the first disc produced by MVP/Axiom that I could see myself getting in to.

Envy is working its way into my bag. Down here I always have a need for a stable premium driving putter. I've tried just about everything and ended up settling on Icon Clozers last year but they didn't have the late flight fade I needed on some shots. The Envy has fit in nicely next to the Clozer as a more stable compliment. I can backhand or forehand it into strong headwinds and it will always fade at the end of the flight. No squirrely headwind flips from the Envy. Now if only they made it in soft proton or neutron...

soft neutron is the shiz. so durable too. My first soft N ion's bead is fresh and its a driving putter. It really absorbs impact a lot reminds me of xlink.

I'm going to try and nab a black core, green overmold on release day. I'm normally not a guy who cares much about disc or stamp color. But this disc I will wait to find with that combo.

I'm going to try and nab a black core, green overmold on release day. I'm normally not a guy who cares much about disc or stamp color. But this disc I will wait to find with that combo.

We'll be on the same search then, so you've got some competition. Unless Ifind black/orange first.

I was surprised that I threw Envy about 295 feet at the open field today (I normally throw Ions/Anodes 260-270 feet). I had couple of practice rounds where I putt with both Ion and Envy, I start to like Envy more and more as a putter. I like it's slight more fade and hair less glide compare with Ion (putting-wise). Envy is also great for approaches. Boy, I cannot wait for soft Proton/Neutron version of Envy. I hope Axiom next disc will be understable putter in same mold as Envy.

As you see my video 1 disc rounds at Turkey Lake T-2 with both Envy and Alias, in general my throwing and placement is better with Envy than Alias and I throw Envy as far as Alias most of time. Without any doubt, I would pick Envy for 1 disc round.

I skimmed through this, so if I missed the comparison between one of these and a premium jokeri I apologize.

That being said, would these be close? I have a jokeri that I like, but it's a pain to find as none of the colors they made are very bright. I wouldn't mind replacing it especially with something as nice looking as these seem to be.

I skimmed through this, so if I missed the comparison between one of these and a premium jokeri I apologize.

That being said, would these be close? I have a jokeri that I like, but it's a pain to find as none of the colors they made are very bright. I wouldn't mind replacing it especially with something as nice looking as these seem to be.

By all accounts the Jokeri is going to be more overstable. The Envy flies closer to a Rhyno, but I remember your Jokeri being closer to a Zone.