• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

On a note completely unrelated to disc golf, I think the names of these discs are funny. I used to manage Verizon stores, and before the smartphones really took off, there were two competing phones that I was selling a lot of. The LG EnV, and the Samsung Alias, and now MVP is making an Alias and an Envy, just thought it was kind of funny.

The Alias sure sounds a lot like an Axis in terms of how it's supposed to fly. Is Axiom just a way to keep Innova at bay with the Atlas/Nova and the garish color schemes they enable?

I'm an MVP fan and I have to say the Envy is the one I'd be most interested in since I can't drive with my Anode because it's too deep.

Interesting marketing, too. Different website and deviating from the traditional naming scheme. I'd like to know the thinking behind that. Both of those names, frankly, sound kind of lame to me.

Lol at two fanboys in a slapfight

lulz...MVP Fanboys got to stick together, there isn't enough of you. if you create a schism that could be Big Trouble in Little Maple Valley...haha.

I like the way that Envy looks. No love for the Alias tho, its new too?....haters.

So is the axiom just refering to the new color rims? or is there something more besides that.

It has a real blunt nose, and less glide would give it the feel of a slower disc. Can't wait to see a Mike C video of this thing bombing 300'

and you wonder why someone changed your title.

I do think the Envy will be interesting.

Aim, I like MVP, you like MVP, alot of guys on here do. But your uptight, obsessive posts, that sound like you take personal offense to someone not speaking of MVP the way you think they should, do MVP no favors. Your rabid comments and weakness to taking the troll bait just clutter threads, and make the haters hate even more, and come here to bait you.

Please, for the sake of all of us MVP fans, can you please dial it back a bit. When you're not so amped up your posts are fine. Lets not let another MVP thread degrade into senseless bickering.
Quoted for truth, even though you might as well have saved your breath. I love my MVP discs, but I can see how some of the more vocal MVP "advocates" turn others off to the company. All I can say is that I hope people will judge the discs on their own merits.

I wore my ion out, and ended up switching my bag to all trilogy. A huge reason for this is the nonsense these forums turns into whenever mvp is involved...like Ghandi said about Jesus, the mvp discs seemed nice, but the mvp fanboys ruined them for me.

Now, I just reordered a new ion, a skulboy volt, and an axis. It sucks that I can't come here to learn about/chat about mvp without a bunch of ape brained jerks getting into non-disc-related measuring contests.

For me, the discs are great, these forums are not so much anymore.

I don't know if it's the forums so much as it's the fact that the MVP fanboys are SO easy to troll! They jump all over anything negative that's said, and treat skepticism about unreleased products as if someone had said something awful about their wives or children. With that said there are a few guys who jump into these threads just to stir the pot, and it would be nice if they'd give it a rest as well. Oh well, I guess that's just the interwebz these days!

Oh, and to stay on topic: Personally I'm not really loving Axiom. I know full well that at some point my heart will overcome my head, and I'll buy a disc in the wrong weight because it's blue/orange or orange/blue. Now, this isn't Axiom's problem, but the simplicity of the color scheme was one thing I love about MVP as opposed to Innova's goofy looking overmolds.

I don't know if it's the forums so much as it's the fact that the MVP fanboys are SO easy to troll! They jump all over anything negative that's said, and treat skepticism about unreleased products as if someone had said something awful about their wives or children.

qft
lulz

I wore my ion out, and ended up switching my bag to all trilogy. A huge reason for this is the nonsense these forums turns into whenever mvp is involved...like Ghandi said about Jesus, the mvp discs seemed nice, but the mvp fanboys ruined them for me.

Now, I just reordered a new ion, a skulboy volt, and an axis. It sucks that I can't come here to learn about/chat about mvp without a bunch of ape brained jerks getting into non-disc-related measuring contests.

It took me a long time to get to the point where I let the discs do the talking more than the fanboys. I went through a similar phase, where I didn't throw MVP because the fanboys annoyed me, but I realized that's not the best reason to not throw something that works for me.

Now, I throw almost all MVP, but I also am not going to preach it as the gospel like it is on here. If you ever want some objective opinions on the discs you just picked up, feel free to PM me.

It took me a long time to get to the point where I let the discs do the talking more than the fanboys. I went through a similar phase, where I didn't throw MVP because the fanboys annoyed me, but I realized that's not the best reason to not throw something that works for me.

Now, I throw almost all MVP, but I also am not going to preach it as the gospel like it is on here. If you ever want some objective opinions on the discs you just picked up, feel free to PM me.

This is my thought exactly. I couldn't say it better myself.

I'm way past the point (age wise) to give a crap about what other people think or like or let it really influence what I like in any way. I throw a disc and if it feels good and throws good then it's in.

I've got a wife, kids, 2 dogs and I've paid almost half my mortgage. Last thing I'm going to do is let some random people on the internet dictate to me what I throw.

If anybody gives me crap or annoys me about throwing MVP I just politely tell them to each his own. Everybody's got problems. Only one of my problems isn't high scores on the disc golf course because I throw MVP! ;)

For sure. Thanks brother.

On topic of the thread, I am excited, but also bummed that I won't see mvp discs in the colorful new plastic. That said, I will probably try both discs at some point.

I'm way past the point (age wise) to give a crap about what other people think or like or let it really influence what I like in any way. I throw a disc and if it feels good and throws good then it's in.

I've got a wife, kids, 2 dogs and I've paid almost half my mortgage. Last thing I'm going to do is let some random people on the internet dictate to me what I throw.

If anybody gives me crap or annoys me about throwing MVP I just politely tell them to each his own. Everybody's got problems. Only one of my problems isn't high scores on the disc golf course because I throw MVP! ;)

You should throw a Teebird, it's a really good disc. All the cool kids throw them.

:)

Bagging one of these for sure. It's a very comfortable disc. Compact and sleek feeling compared to more typical putters. Very flat top.

Managed to throw one about 425' somehow. Also hit chains from around 300'. Fun disc to throw.