• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Bagging one of these for sure. It's a very comfortable disc. Compact and sleek feeling compared to more typical putters. Very flat top.

Managed to throw one about 425' somehow. Also hit chains from around 300'. Fun disc to throw.

Thanks for the initial thoughts, Mike. I'm presently without a driving putter - VPs can do the job, but aren't great by any stretch - so the Envy instantly went on my radar.

Can't wait to know when they're releasing these things.

Edit: what color scheme is yours, Mike?

Last edited:
White cores with orange and red rims, and blue cores with orange and red rims. Bagging the blue and red.

Managed to throw one about 425' somehow. Also hit chains from around 300'.

szo4.jpg

I managed to snap a picture for you guys. :D rofl

425' with "slowest" putter wow. 280' would be a very good for me! (I know I need to work on hip forward timed correctly with snap).

Bagging one of these for sure. It's a very comfortable disc. Compact and sleek feeling compared to more typical putters. Very flat top.

Managed to throw one about 425' somehow. Also hit chains from around 300'. Fun disc to throw.

Damn man 425 have you been contacted to testify against ARod in the MLB biogenesis case cause that's some unreal distance.. .seriously though:thmbup:
By any chance have you tried the Alias yet? If so is it pretty much an Axis clone or is it more like a Mako or Anode with little turn or fade?

Very similar to Axis. After my first day with it I'd say just a hair more HSS but similar speed and LSS. Might be an Axis killer......from the company that made the Axis o_O

I can't wait for a blue/red envy. If it flies like an Ion and has the advantage of a cleaner release with the shallower rim it will be bagged asap. Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

When can they be ordered?!?!? haha

Very similar to Axis. After my first day with it I'd say just a hair more HSS but similar speed and LSS. Might be an Axis killer......from the company that made the Axis o_O

Hmm. I was def getting different results but only threw mine about seven times. I'll report after playing a few rounds today but I was about all ready to say that the Envy was the second most OS disc MVP has had a hand in yet only behind the shock.

But you are throwing it over 400 and calling it an axis killer. Theirs some disconnect here. I thought for me the Alias was much closer to an Axis. Maybe I got a super beefy Envy, or just was't throwing it well yesterday on little patches of cleared snow but I def didn't think axis. My first comparison that I thoughts of was actually Prodiscus Jokeri or innova Pig (or like you said in other thread Rhyno). Your envy was really going further than your alias?

Envy= mini me ion?

Also, mike c would like to see video of that "425".

Just really hard to believe:)

Mike C was referring Alias as Axis killer. Envy in similar boat as Jokeri, Pig and Rhyno sounds right per 1st hand accounts.

Bit still hitting 425 w Envy is very impressive, most likely throw high flex shot.

Looks like Alias is going to be good compliment with Tangent.

his reply you quoted was to:

Ok than it all makes sense. I could not piece that together. I knew I was missing something. Yes alias will likely threaten axis or the "primary midrange" spot for many. Also like I said, I think out of the box we haven't seen a mid or putter as OS as envy from MVP yet.

I did the same thing reading it all.. but ^that's good to hear.. I could use one and will be curious to see how it beats in.. But not going to replace the pa4's spot for sure which I would have really liked.

Harder fade/less glide than tensor?

I did the same thing reading it all.. but ^that's good to hear.. I could use one and will be curious to see how it beats in.. But not going to replace the pa4's spot for sure which I would have really liked.

Harder fade/less glide than tensor?

From my first few shots I would def say yes (or at least somewhat but my first impression was "yes"). I will try to unload a few more time on my two tensors and then the Envy today to try to continue to confirm this. Seemed more like much a shorter resister than a shorter tensor at first to me.

Last edited:
Looks like Envy/Tensor combo can make Zone go away. I start to get better flicking Tensor lately which is great.

I am guessing the release date would be Jan 31 so that is two long weeks for me to get my hands on those babies.

Looks like Envy/Tensor combo can make Zone go away. I start to get better flicking Tensor lately which is great.

I am guessing the release date would be Jan 31 so that is two long weeks for me to get my hands on those babies.

why would u want to replace one disc. with 2. and the Zone will never go away. it cannot be duplicated.

My cart/bag holds about 20 or so discs so I have the leeway. I already have Tensor and I like it a lot and so far Envy looking real good to me so I believe there is quite overlap of Zone with Envy/Tensor so why would I have three if I can do away with 2. But I have to test Envy first to see how it works for me. I have to concur that Zone is a great mold.

Like Teebird, most people said it is best fairway driver of all time and I do agree, but three disc combo of Resistor, Servo, hopefully soon understable version (like bit more US slower Amp) would be far more useful than a Teebird in most conditions.

Latest posts