• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast, Old mold vs. new mold

I've been getting into the Tern, and looking at it's wing made me think of the old mold Beast. The Tern's wing is like a stretched out old mold Beast.

Just thought I'd take a picture to visualize discspeed's comparison. Came out with pretty chit quality though...

2lsa439.jpg

love me some beasts.. sad that i had to sell of my pearly old molds a year or so back when times got tough but at my arm speed the new mold is great and pretty much as fast as i go.. was curious i was thinking and dont remember ever seeing Glo Beasts... have they ever ran these in cfr?

^^ yeah i remember the glo dx but wonder why they have never ran them in champ glo.. hint hint Innova!

The original mold was more stable. Once the Orc came out, Innova decided the two discs were too close in flight and retooled the Beast to be flippier. That's pretty much it. I know people who get ga-ga over old mold Beasts, but an Orc or Pro Starfire is a pretty good substitute and easier to find.

:thmbup: Three Putt to the rescue again. :D How does he fit so much disc golf knowledge in his brain?

:thmbup: Three Putt to the rescue again. :D How does he fit so much disc golf knowledge in his brain?

They may be similar in flight, but the way you throw them to get that flight is not the same...
Orc's are actually much more stable than an old mold beast. Orc's require more work to get a desired flight.

Beast - Retooled!

Information from Innova's dealer communication, via http://disccellar.ca/2014/10/innova-beast-retooled/

If you throw the Beast this information is important:

The Beast mold has been retooled to the ('03) specs. GStar is the first model to utilize this retooled mold. New Beast production runs will use the retooled mold. DX, Driver Pro, Champion, and Star available in the former configuration while supplies last.

So if you throw and like the Beast you have now, you may want to stock up. I have no idea how different they would feel to a regular thrower. GStar flight numbers: Speed: 10, Glide: 5, Turn: -2, Fade: 2.

It makes sense to me. The SL is gone; there is room to give the Beast more beef.

That they never should have screwed with the Beast in the first place is another story...

This is great, I almost lost one of my beloved orig beasts on Wednesday(In the middle of the fairway). These really fill that hole in my bag between tee-birds and terns.

Can someone give me a short summary on the difference between the old mold and new flight-wise?

Latest posts