• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast, Old mold vs. new mold

I hope this is not true, I would be so angry if they retooled the new Beast. I'm a noodle arm and really need something that I can rely on to never turn too much and end too far right when I crank on it, but doesn't fade too much, something that finishes straight to slightly left reliably for max D (the MOLS sometimes turns a bit too much, so I don't want to use it when there's OB or obstacles on the right or when there's some wind).

For awhile I was throwing a P-PD that was perfect for this, but it was freakishly not overstable for a PD and when I lost it all the replacements I tried were waaaay more overstable. Then I found the Pro Beast, and it was a pretty good replacement. Really don't want to have to go looking for a different replacement again...

I have two 2x champ beasts if anyone wants em. Or I'll trade for "old mold" beasts :)

wouldn't it be funny if the 2x ends up being more valuable than the old mold beast? quite the reverse.

Wont happen... I dont find many uses for the beasts. G-Star for the old mold huh, the grippy pearly plastic was what also made them great. G-star doesnt hold up, I hope they make some of the old molds in that browner grippy glow plastic.

I hope this is not true, I would be so angry if they retooled the new Beast. I'm a noodle arm and really need something that I can rely on to never turn too much and end too far right when I crank on it, but doesn't fade too much, something that finishes straight to slightly left reliably for max D (the MOLS sometimes turns a bit too much, so I don't want to use it when there's OB or obstacles on the right or when there's some wind).

For awhile I was throwing a P-PD that was perfect for this, but it was freakishly not overstable for a PD and when I lost it all the replacements I tried were waaaay more overstable. Then I found the Pro Beast, and it was a pretty good replacement. Really don't want to have to go looking for a different replacement again...

Old model discs were not produced at the rate they are now. You'll have no trouble replacing your new mold beasts for years and years.

Old model discs were not produced at the rate they are now. You'll have no trouble replacing your new mold beasts for years and years.

^ Truth!! I also dont feel like the "new mold/current" Beast is very popular with more seasoned players. The only folks I ever play with, locally, who use them, are Rec level players. Not bashing that, cause everyone was there once too.

That being said... I would say that the beast is the 3rd most likely disc to find in the piles of used discs at the PIAS here.
I'm in there frequently scouring through, digging for gems.

Here's my list of highest concentration of used discs in their inventory:
1) Groove/Monarch
2) Katana/Archeon
3) Beast
4) Nuke SS
5) Blizzard anything

If anyone is interested in buying any of those molds in bulk ranging from 5/10 -10/10 let me know. I could send you a wheelbarrow load haha

Every disc doesn't need more "beef".

I've never thrown an old mold beast but I throw the new mold and like how it flies.

I've never thrown an old mold beast but I throw the new mold and like how it flies.

idk man i bag firebirds, vipers, gator, and pigs. if there not champ plastic, chances are i will flip them. i would like more beef. i do have a "big arm" though.

Every disc doesn't need less beef either. I threw the beast before they changed it, and now I have to pay a premium for replacements. I have a nice stockpile, and the pearly plastic is my favorite, but I would like to try it in some newer blends, but they have to make them FLAT!!!

With the assumption that GStar discs fly less stable than their Champion counterparts, fans of the old can get that flight out of the new GStars (albeit on a gummy disc) and those wanting beef can throw the new Champion discs.

Not that big a deal on my mind.

I can't find anything other than that link. I wish somebody had more info. I want a glow more than anything!!

It sounds like the beast2 and the beast3 may pair well together lol. Beast2=tailwinds understable and beast3 as the workhorse

how about McB3ast.
just spell it exactly like that on the disc, lol.

So does anybody have confirmation as to whether or not this is really happening? I'd love to see it happen, but can't seem to find anything concrete, starting to think it's a fluke...