• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

What did he quote you on pockets? Are you doing them in the side pockets or the bottom one?

Just on the side pockets - it is the standard custom bag fee of $35. you can still pick your colors as well with under the same fee. Stock bag colors are an option as well, but again carries the $35 Custom Bag Fee.

Have to call for custom orders.

I like that spot too, but I wonder if it might be easier to put pockets (at least from a manufacturing standpoint) on the wall right behind the putters...

I mean, imagine these pockets, adjusted for size, obviously, on the inside of the large Ergo pocket:

20140315_092925_zps0fhqhplc.jpg

This bag would be a home run.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, but, wanting to keep a retriever (taller than that unfortunately) in one, I wouldn't be able to have them on the back of the putter pocket. That would be awesome for everything else I'm thinking though. Perhaps two zipper pockets like that and a GR pocket where I was thinking.

Titan, I have my phone well-protected. I still don't want keys scraping and jabbing it.

The idea John and I talked about was using some mesh with elastic on the top and sew the bottom straight to the outer part of the side pockets (this is due to the inside having a "flap" for expansion). This will be able to hold exactly what OneMoreMile has talked about and myself. Keys, small hand sanitizer, gum, mints, asprin, etc.

Not sure how wide/long these pockets will/can be but I am hoping something like a 4"wide by 4"long with the elastic ont he tap able to stratch about 1"-1.5".

The idea John and I talked about was using some mesh with elastic on the top and sew the bottom straight to the outer part of the side pockets (this is due to the inside having a "flap" for expansion). This will be able to hold exactly what OneMoreMile has talked about and myself. Keys, small hand sanitizer, gum, mints, asprin, etc.

Not sure how wide/long these pockets will/can be but I am hoping something like a 4"wide by 4"long with the elastic ont he tap able to stratch about 1"-1.5".

That's interesting. My only concern is if the bag impacts anything, your phone or whatever might be more susceptible to damage being more toward the outside of the pocket. Still, it sounds like a great solution. If he sends you some photos, would you mind sharing?

If he can do the same thing on the inside of the large pocket, I am sold. Just need to sell off a few more backups.

That's interesting. My only concern is if the bag impacts anything, your phone or whatever might be more susceptible to damage being more toward the outside of the pocket. Still, it sounds like a great solution. If he sends you some photos, would you mind sharing?

If he can do the same thing on the inside of the large pocket, I am sold. Just need to sell off a few more backups.

I am not sure it can be done on the inside due to the expansion flap. The bottom, i di dnot question as i did not mind that pocket being an "open" storage area.

I am not sure it can be done on the inside due to the expansion flap. The bottom, i di dnot question as i did not mind that pocket being an "open" storage area.

I understand that for sure. Really, it shouldn't be an issue unless you're being careless with your bag, and I like hearing that John is open to it, rather than being stubborn about modifying his design. That's a positive to me.

Anyone who has this bag want to be a gem and do a video review? The one out there I can find pretty much spends all the time on the dude's discs.

No offense, but I am asking about the bag. Sure, tell me how many discs and what type they are, but I am more interested in seeing what you cram in there and how it fits.

Thanks man, much appreciated. So to get to the stuff in the big pocket you just need to take the putters out? That's not a deal breaker for me. Can you photo how much you can stretch that with the putters out?

I'm considering cutting out the piece of nylon that separates the main disc pocket from the lower pocket (basically ,the "floor" of the disc area). That way you can just drop stuff in from the top. It would be a whole lot more convenient than the small zipper opening behind the putters.

I wish I would have known about the custom pockets, but I'm so stoked about the custom colors I really don't care

I wish I would have known about the custom pockets, but I'm so stoked about the custom colors I really don't care

I personally asked him about it today and he said it would not be an issue. I am just undecided if I want a stock lime green/black or something different since i am paying for the Custom Bag Fee as it is.

maybe Lime Green/Navy Blue?

I personally asked him about it today and he said it would not be an issue. I am just undecided if I want a stock lime green/black or something different since i am paying for the Custom Bag Fee as it is.

maybe Lime Green/Navy Blue?

No local team colors you wanna roll with or anything?

I just got my bag and started loading it up. I think it's been talked about in the thread before, but it seems the discs fit much better upside down.

Latest posts