• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

Also, after two rounds the aluminum frame was no discomfort on the back. Very comfortable bag.

15 discs fit like a dream in this bag. Which works out great because that's all I throw. You could easily squeeze two or three more and would still be comfortable.

I was wondering about this...that's about my max also. I may have to take a closer look at this bag. I'm relatively short so maybe I won't have the frame issues digging into my back. Time to start saving the Paypal

I was wondering about this...that's about my max also. I may have to take a closer look at this bag. I'm relatively short so maybe I won't have the frame issues digging into my back. Time to start saving the Paypal

I've had a lot of experience with bags. Simian and Grip being a few of them and I highly recommend this bag. I've got a tournament at Idlewild this weekend so I'll give everyone my feedback after a long and disgusting 48 holes.

Good luck, and I'm looking forward to a review after you really put that bag through the wringer

I finally got my black on black Ergo 2. It looks awesome, and I love the new putter pocket. I plan on getting a round in later, so I'll let you guys know how it felt.

I was able to use the rain fly today when we had a quick shower during the round. Worked beautifully!

IMG_0307_zpsafb52987.jpg

IMG_0308_zps070897de.jpg

IMG_0309_zps531fdafd.jpg

IMG_0310_zps1b1ef78c.jpg

I got my Ergo2 today, just in time for the Rocket City Blast this weekend. Took these pics right after I filled it for the first time. There are 19 in it in the pics, but I have 22 in it now. It holds 14 horizontally, 5 vertically above them, then 3 Wizards in the putter pocket. I cannot fit a disc in the drink holders on the side, but could easily fit a few in the zippered storage compartment that is beneath the discs. Very comfortable to carry, and I haven't noticed the frame hitting my back at all. I am excited about putting it through the paces this weekend over three rounds.

I've emailed him three times without a response. The emails have mentioned that I previously bought an Ergo, and that I'm interested in buying a new one.

The third email mentioned that I'd sent the email three times without a response and was sent yesterday. The previous two were sent three days before, and seven days before.

So I'll echo what others have said: it's a peculiar way to run a business.

FWIW, he is sewing each Ergo2 by hand. There is no third party sewer making these bags, and he is the only employee of the company. I am not making excuses for his communication issues, that is on John, but he is certainly a busy man these days.

FWIW, he is sewing each Ergo2 by hand. There is no third party sewer making these bags, and he is the only employee of the company. I am not making excuses for his communication issues, that is on John, but he is certainly a busy man these days.

That's good to note. I had no idea that this was the case with Big Hyzer. They certainly have the "front" of a larger company.

That said, it's still no excuse (as you said yourself): there are ways around it, such as setting up an automated email response notifying customers that their email has been received and will be responded to ASAP. Plus, I'll reference Gorilla Boy, who is in the exact same situation, but lets everyone know up front that there will be 6-8 weeks of lead time before they receive their bags. Chris is also fantastic at communication: in addition to regularly popping into this site, he also responds to emails very quickly. I had a computer snafu when ordering my Simian last week, and Chris sent two responses that afternoon following up on my issue and smoothing it out.

It is important to remember and respect that these are small-scale operations (not that anyone on here was doing anything other than that), but there are ways to hedge against this. People are understanding if the lines of communication are open. All of this is of course a learning process; hopefully Big Hyzer will improve on their communication in time. It certainly does look like a sweet bag.

Wish he had some help. I have been searching for a replacement bag for about a week. Ergo 2 would be my choice. But it's out of stock. All spinal taps are out of stock. I do enjoy the grip bag but it seems like every joe on the course has one. It is however the only one in stock... Come on BIG HYZER I Want your product!

There wasn't even a prototype of this bag 3 months ago. The fact that he has gotten it into production already is pretty amazing. That being said, I am sure he would have to sell hundreds to make outsourcing the labor cost effective. Not to mention the issues he had with his Ergo 1 contractor.

It could be argued that Ergo 1 owners have the prototype...

touché! It has some of the same features, but the ergo 2 was built on a completely different concept. John had the idea of making the straps part of the actual bag, so there would be no seam to fail. He then created a prototype using an existing disc golf bag (not sure which backpack he used but it was not an Ergo) as a 'dress mannequin' so to speak. At least that is how he explained it to me. He kept the vertical disk storage but increased the overall size of the bag dramatically. It is too bad he didn't show how large the bottom storage compartment is in the video. I was able to put my fleece pullover in there and still put 21 discs in it. The side pockets are huge as well. I also like the bottle/drink holder improvements. I was never a big fan of the original Ergo, as it always seemed too narrow for my taste.

TripleC8601, I don't know if you have tried it, but the discs seem to fit better in the bag if you put them face up rather than down. I actually tried it both ways, and it seemed to make a big difference. Especially getting discs out of the bottom.

TripleC8601, I don't know if you have tried it, but the discs seem to fit better in the bag if you put them face up rather than down. I actually tried it both ways, and it seemed to make a big difference. Especially getting discs out of the bottom.

Yeah, I keep them face up. It seems like I can get a few more in there that way.

Also didn't know these were hand sewn. I guess that explains why one side of that top pocket is longer than the other by about and inch. Nothing that bothers me at all, just makes it looks a bit lopsided.