• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bill Allen DGC, The Colony, TX 18 holes?

3 pm today a couple guys will be playing if anyone is interested

Any news?

I really miss this course. i live in Lewisville, but used to make the 20 minute drive do to the fact that i LOVE this course. my brother and i went out like a month ago and baskets 3 and 4 were gone. we walked back behind the amphitheater and saw a few poles but no baskets. How much is left to finish? LL Woods and Lake Lewisville are getting REALLY boring...a map lay out or anything will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kirby

You need a guide. There are a couple more tees in but still missing 5 baskets

Everything has a basket or a pole except for 13.

Halfway done and absolutly hate 6-9. Lots of maintenance needs to be done IMO on those holes.
Whats wrong with 6 though 9? How can you maintain an open shot and a pond, another pretty open shot(maybe mow a 10" square area), a big anny that there is plenty of a shot there, and then a tunnel shot which is an easy bird as well. Do you just want the course to give you 4 birdies?

Once agin you cant come out here and thing that this course is the best mainicured course in Texas....it still needs lots of work
look at Towne Lake..when it first opened it was brutal and over time it has turned into a super nice course....Bill Allen just needs to be beat in

let me guess, you lost a disc over the pond?

Take this for whatever it's worth, but I ran into a guy this past weekend (maybe it was one of you??) who said he knows a guy in PARD that is working on the course and that he was going to try to get him to fix a few things on the course. He wanted to get them to change the angle from which hole 2 tees off, to raise the height of the basket on hole 4, and to improve the new tee boxes.

Also, you might want to take some bug spray with you when you play this course. I played some of the new holes a few weeks ago and walked the other parts and ended up getting over 75 chigger bites alllll over my body. That was not fun.

if you notice on hole 6(hole that you throw over the pond) there is a big pile of rock....well im thinking that they are going to put that over the sand that is currently on the boxes now

I went out there last Saturday with my son, and I was able to find holes 1-10. I was getting hot, and didn't see a hole at the end of path that went down from 10's basket, so I walked back out to the tenth tee box, and when I couldn't find #11, I decided to head on home, cause I was starting to get heat sick.

For what it's worth, I think that #6 is going to be the signature hole. I loved it. Of course, the fact that I asked the group ahead of me if I could play through, some college aged kids that were throwing either around the pond or through the woods, and they said "sure, show us how it is done", and I threw it to about 15ft from the hole, and I heard one guy yell, "Holy cr@p!", doesn't influence my judgment any :)

I am getting ready to go out there right now, to find holes 11-14, so I can finish the round, as long as I can stay cooled and hydrated enough to do so.

I should be starting at hole 1 at about 2PM. I am in an off white PT Cruiser convertible if anyone is interested. I will be wearing white, with a navy quad strap bag.

Oh yeah, and we both picked up some chigger bites as well, so be sure and bring or put on bug spray.

I live in Fort Worth but visited this course when it was missing about 6 baskets a couple of months ago. I really liked this course and am excited to see the rest of the baskets going in. A couple of baskets I just couldnt figure out. There was one 2 holes after the pond I think that literally has no tree opening to the basket. There was no shot even for the best player in the world. I guess they are going to take down some small trees/bushes? It looks like they have a lot of work even when they get the baskets up, but Im gonna play it anyway.

Is this the best place to keep informed on the progression on bill allen? I have a friend who lives in the colony and want to go out and play with him but I want to wait until the course is in decent shape since it will be his first time playing.

Is this the best place to keep informed on the progression on bill allen? I have a friend who lives in the colony and want to go out and play with him but I want to wait until the course is in decent shape since it will be his first time playing.

Pretty much, Chopz lives right there and I try and hit it a couple times a week, so if you done see any updates on here try shooting us a message. But I have noticed there are plenty others that ae starting to get out there as well. Also you can check out the awsome review that was written on a course that isnt even done yet.

Do all the holes have baskets now or are there still some waiting to be finished?

Everything has either a pole or basket except for 13, 14 baskets total. I dont know why they put poles in the ground and not the baskets? There are still about 5 teepads not in either

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind going and playing a course that isnt completed at all I just dont want my friends first time to be on an unfinished course. Thanks for the heads up, ill check back in every now and then.