• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

A lot of that stuff has been discontinued. For example, "The Dukes of Hazzard" television show was based upon Long County, Ga., and the town of Ludowici, well known for speed traps and forced immediate cash payment. "Murder in Coweta County" was true events of the"Boss" of Meriwether County, Ga. (where my grandparents lived; and my sister was born in Coweta County). Similar shenanigans.

Today, cops will force your fingers onto your iPhone reader to get to your bank app and take your money by force. Which doesn't make it right, but they do it. It SHOULD go to Court.

All this is an aside to the topic of Bradley Williams, et. al., of course. Maybe we should get some pointers from Ezekiel Elliott and Roger Gooddell....

I remember the forced payment option in Edna Texas, 1983 or so. Ah good times being hustled by the cops.

I see your point, and have argued your position before, thanks for the clarification. The question becomes, what is the risk of not acting, long term?

With the direction the DGPT/WT/NT are headed this question is becoming more relevant than ever. Now that we have vested stakeholders with corporate money involved whose bottom line needs protection, PR in relation to off course conduct will become a reality. I agree with what others have stated, that some new governing body with sole purpose of propriety for the top tier touring professionals is needed. With how nascent these tour endeavors are we might not be there yet. But, there will come a time when this query becomes reality. If the PDGA will not agreeably allow outside touring potential to consolidate with the NT and move away from the PDGA's original intent, some schism might be forthcoming, akin to the PDGA's own genesis.

Last edited:
Actually this practice is alive and well, thanks to the Patriot Act I believe (could be wrong). It's called civil asset forfeiture.
While the patriot act is a peach of topic, this actually has roots in prohibition era. (for obvious reasons) It's prevalence in today's jurisprudence is thanks to good old Ronny Reagan who vamped up usage for his war on urban poverty, better known as the War on Drugs. Are the 80's over yet or what?

the current admin, trump & sessions, are also calling for an increase in its usage. what an abomination, where's the 4th amendment when you need it?

With the direction the DGPT/WT/NT are headed this question is becoming more relevant than ever. Now that we have vested stakeholders with corporate money involved whose bottom line needs protection, PR in relation to off course conduct will become a reality. I agree with what others have stated, that some new governing body with sole purpose of propriety for the top tier touring professionals is needed. With how nascent these tour endeavors are we might not be there yet. But, there will come a time when this query becomes reality. If the PDGA will not agreeably allow outside touring potential to consolidate with the NT and move away from the PDGA's original intent, some schism might be forthcoming, akin to the PDGA's own genesis.

exactly

didn't realize there was a schism at the PDGA's inception. what was that all about?

I thought people sped to get to the donut shop before they ran out?

People speed because they won't get caught comes at it from the wrong angle. People speed cause they're in a hurry, or because they aren't paying attention, or they're fighting with their spouse.

Cheating here is the same. They don't think about the consequence, they think about the out come, or they don't think at all cause they're mad. Rarely do people think, okay, I shouldn't do this cause the consequences are bad.
I speed because I dislike being in a car, I feel like I'm wasting time doing nothing at all but transporting my meat-sack body around. I consistently drive 5-10 miles per hour over the speed limit because of that. Where I know there are cameras I am extremely careful to remain under 11 miles over, since that's where they're set to register and catch you. Same with school zones - less than 5 over because that's where those cameras are set. I know I can get away with it, and I feel like I'm wasting my time.

If there were cameras set more strictly at more corners or all corners - I wouldn't speed.

And when cars get to the point where they are automated to the level that I don't have to pay attention to the road, I'll feel perfectly okay with my car going the speed limit because I will be able to get **** done while I'm sitting there.

On a side note: I've been curious how long it'd take the police to pull me over for expired tags so I have kept my new tags in my glove box. Just yesterday was followed for 1.5 miles, no flash. :p Been six months in a week.

I completely forgot to renew my tags several years ago. my birthday is in Nov and was finally pulled over in April. I actually said to the cop that my sticker must have fallen off. Then searched thru my cluttered glove box and noticed it was my brain that had fallen off...

didn't realize there was a schism at the PDGA's inception. what was that all about?

The PDGA evolved in an effort for players to consolidate power democratically away from Steady Ed who was becoming spread far to thin in his ability to reliably administer the association. For it's 40th anniversary there was a write up that accounts this period on the PDGA website. It's titled "PDGA celebrates 40 years of Disc Golf" if you want the full skinny.

I speed because I dislike being in a car, I feel like I'm wasting time doing nothing at all but transporting my meat-sack body around. I consistently drive 5-10 miles per hour over the speed limit because of that. Where I know there are cameras I am extremely careful to remain under 11 miles over, since that's where they're set to register and catch you. Same with school zones - less than 5 over because that's where those cameras are set. I know I can get away with it, and I feel like I'm wasting my time.

If there were cameras set more strictly at more corners or all corners - I wouldn't speed.

And when cars get to the point where they are automated to the level that I don't have to pay attention to the road, I'll feel perfectly okay with my car going the speed limit because I will be able to get **** done while I'm sitting there.

On a side note: I've been curious how long it'd take the police to pull me over for expired tags so I have kept my new tags in my glove box. Just yesterday was followed for 1.5 miles, no flash. :p Been six months in a week.

I don't understand how more states haven't been forced to give up their camera ticket schemes. If you ever get a camera ticket they are some of the easiest to fight. You have a constitutional right to confront your accuser in court, which seems tough for a stationary lifeless object to accomplish. You also have the right to request all maintenance records be produced from these accusers and making noise in this direction will often result in a dismissal of charges.

I don't understand how more states haven't been forced to give up their camera ticket schemes. If you ever get a camera ticket they are some of the easiest to fight. You have a constitutional right to confront your accuser in court, which seems tough for a stationary lifeless object to accomplish. You also have the right to request all maintenance records be produced from these accusers and making noise in this direction will often result in a dismissal of charges.
Frankly I have no problem at all with the cameras. The cameras are a boone to society - as they allow police officers to focus on doing their job: crime prevention - as opposed to watching out for civil traffic violations. If the cameras are blatant and easy to identify in all of their locations, set so that they couldn't ticket someone for speeding within their error margins, maps are laid out online for you to access to find out where they are, and their purposes and limitations are laid bare in plain writing... They're pretty damn awesome. It'd suck for me if they had them on every corner, because as I said: I like gettin where I want to go in 30 seconds less than I would otherwise, every second feeling wasted.... but if they had them on every corner, whatever. I'd know where they all are, and I'd do what I had to do to not get fined.

Frankly I have no problem at all with the cameras. The cameras are a boone to society - as they allow police officers to focus on doing their job: crime prevention - as opposed to watching out for civil traffic violations. If the cameras are blatant and easy to identify in all of their locations, set so that they couldn't ticket someone for speeding within their error margins, maps are laid out online for you to access to find out where they are, and their purposes and limitations are laid bare in plain writing... They're pretty damn awesome. It'd suck for me if they had them on every corner, because as I said: I like gettin where I want to go in 30 seconds less than I would otherwise, every second feeling wasted.... but if they had them on every corner, whatever. I'd know where they all are, and I'd do what I had to do to not get fined.

It sounds like Ohio has implemented them in better faith than where I live in New York. In the nearest city to me they are only placed on busy intersections that receive the bulk of rush hour commuter traffic, where avoiding an accident or getting a ticket can be the reality. I think someone even showed statistically they were causing more accidents than preventing. Ironically, the ones that popped up in the poor parts of town, where I imagine they were getting less mailed in cash and more blown off fines, were taken down. The way you describe Ohio's scenario makes more sense in terms of transparency and proactive Law Enforcement. Here they scream of a cash grab.

Last edited:
That's sounds like me driving along the beltway here. The cops, if they are out, are 99% of the time in the emergency turn arounds. So, I just drive like a bat out of hell in between those spots, lol.

It started out here like that, until someone sued over it.

Law enforcement has turned from what police are allowed to do under the law to protect rights, into what rights can departments trample without outcry, lawsuit or riot. It truly has upended executive purpose. With practices like civil asset forfeiture the incentive is not on upholding constitutional rights but side-skirting them in the name of enrichment. And to think public confidence in LEOs is at an all time low, I wonder why?

It sounds like Ohio has implemented them in better faith than where I live in New York. In the nearest city to me they are only placed on busy intersections that receive the bulk of rush hour commuter traffic, where avoiding an accident or getting a ticket can be the reality. I think someone even showed statistically they were causing more accidents than preventing. Ironically, the ones that popped up in the poor parts of town, where I imagine they were getting less mailed in cash and more blown off fines, were taken down. The way you describe Ohio's scenario makes more sense in terms of transparency and proactive Law Enforcement. Here they scream of a cash grab.
It isn't perfect, and it isn't entirely like what I'm asking for - but it isn't horrible. The cameras are great. They're huge and obvious. There are maps online and each one has a big colorful sticker on it identifying it as either a red light camera, a speed camera, or both. The problem we have is that at the start of 2016 we funded putting cameras in the hands of police officers as a response to people making the dumb challenges you mentioned: having to face an accuser. So now we get officers that SHOULD be patrolling the streets for criminal offenders standing around at intersections, under bridges, or on highway on-ramps pointing cameras at traffic for hours at a time.

I like watching the 'bad boys'. Daly, McEnroe, Ali. Adds to the entertainment value, as long as some boundaries are maintained. :p

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that account. The NFL has apparently said they have more evidence against him than they had against Ray Rice.

Do you have a link where this evidence is discussed? I did a quick google search, but couldn't find anything.