• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

so what ur thinkin do the press, bake for the dye to take, freeze, then marble the background?

I just dipped and got a nice purple brainwave design pattern. I have placed it in my freezer. In the morning I am gonna drop it in a plate of marble dye. We'll see where it goes from there.....:hfive:

Bamm is correct. The mixing of blue and red creates.. ***gasp*** PURPLE!!!

I mention "drying" dye-less waves on a disc then adding color on the first page of this thread. drying... freezing... same difference... it was the concept i was hinting at.

I just dipped and got a nice purple brainwave design pattern. I have placed it in my freezer. In the morning I am gonna drop it in a plate of marble dye. We'll see where it goes from there.....:hfive:

ill wait for ur outcome before i try. lol you should see some of the discs ive been testing on, they have so much color on them and random shapes its crazy

try just a dyeless sc and see how that works while your at it

Taking a few to the KC Ice Bowl this weekend.
Innova Aviar
InnovaAviarsDSC_2855.jpg

Looks like dan has got something going on

Just had a genius idea I think.... has anybody tried dyeing SC small amount in a plate.... and then on the outside mixing soap and dye. This should make the waves one color and then the haze around them a different color.

Hey guys, I don't dye discs, but am a huge fan. That Shield Saint is mine, and I noticed something during the sleuthing: some of the attempts to replicate his technique have resulted in the dye 'taking' on the stamp (especially on some of the foil stamps in this thread). Not all the time, but the last pic has a lot of dye on the stamp.

When Jeff & I 'talked' about the Shield stamp, he sounded 100% positive his technique would not affect it. Do you think that's a clue (maybe that he wasn't using the usual dyes?), or just something you all would be able to assure someone?

Hey guys, I don't dye discs, but am a huge fan. That Shield Saint is mine, and I noticed something during the sleuthing: some of the attempts to replicate his technique have resulted in the dye 'taking' on the stamp (especially on some of the foil stamps in this thread). Not all the time, but the last pic has a lot of dye on the stamp.

When Jeff & I 'talked' about the Shield stamp, he sounded 100% positive his technique would not affect it. Do you think that's a clue (maybe that he wasn't using the usual dyes?), or just something you all would be able to assure someone?

Maybe some of the other guys are using acetone in their dyes?

That would def take off the stamps

Nice observation.

btw, He did this star vulcan for me (in the same batch), which was orange, and has the same 'inverse' effect you noted.

I broke out a virgin white volt this morning. Used a green idye, s/c, liquid soap mixture and pulled a perfect green brainwave pattern. I decided to put it in a bed of just shaving cream, no dye. After letting it sit about 9 hours, I pulled it and realized that when I "set" it in the s/c bed, it smeared the brainwaves. I think you guys may be right with the freezing but we'll just see.

Will the dye still transfer while cold? If so... maybe just placing them in the freezer will help to keep from smearing.

Will the dye still transfer while cold? If so... maybe just placing them in the freezer will help to keep from smearing.

When im talking about freezing, there is no dye, just sc

That way when you dip into the dye, hopefully the sc will stay frozen and not dissolve into the dye

Yeah, but the shaving cream could be dyed or not dyed, whatever the preference.

I broke out a virgin white volt this morning. Used a green idye, s/c, liquid soap mixture and pulled a perfect green brainwave pattern. I decided to put it in a bed of just shaving cream, no dye. After letting it sit about 9 hours, I pulled it and realized that when I "set" it in the s/c bed, it smeared the brainwaves. I think you guys may be right with the freezing but we'll just see.

:clap:

Try this... do your waves... either with or without dye in them... put it in the freezer till they are solid enough not to smear. Then drop it into a "Dan H." styled SC marbling bed.

Thank me later...

:popcorn:

:clap:

Try this... do your waves... either with or without dye in them... put it in the freezer till they are solid enough not to smear. Then drop it into a "Dan H." styled SC marbling bed.

Thank me later...

:popcorn:
Thanks Big Tone, that's what I did earlier..... :thmbup:

I won't know what I have until probably after the big game late tomorrow night.... Also, there is some talk about Jeff saying it takes more than 24 hours for a brainwave. Maybe so, but he might have been referring to the entire amount of time from beginning to end. X amount of time to dip, then X amount of time to freeze, then X amount of time to sit in a marble bed dye....

Here's what happened with the green brainwave dye attempt from this morning. I am using the same disc, just putting a dark purple brainwave design on it, freezing it and them putting it in a clean (no dye) bed of s/c for a while.

Attachments

• 0202132101.jpg
    0202132101.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts