• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzzz SS

Ryan C

Eagle Member
Hey guys, what do you think of them?

I threw one a few times over the Christmas season. I liked it pretty well. The one I had was a pretty flat top, and it was more stable than I expected. Not overstable or anything, but on a clean throw it wasn't really flipping much. Possibly more useful than I thought they might be.

Share your thoughts.

Kinda sorta interested in the disc. How does it compare to your MD2?

My MD2's are slower, and therefore a little bit shorter, and they have quite a bit more fade. The Buzzz SS nearly as HSS as a normal Z Buzzz, but didn't have much fade.

I have a C and S line MD2 right now. The C line fades fairly hard, and the S line has more of a Buzzzish flight, but 15 or so feet shorter than a Buzzz.

Hmm, sounds like a tad faster P-MD2 then... If the production runs prove to be consistently like that, I might have to give it a try.

Boy, the P-MD2, the Buzzz SS and (hopefully) the Vector... Didn't know that slot in my bag would have so many alternatives...

Threw mine yesterday, it is more straight than my buzzz. didn't get a chance to really get on it to see if it flips. I really hope not. Looking for something Mako'ish, and it's not the meteor.

on a side note, the disc didn't seem very well molded. The plastic isn't smooth and nice like most discraft discs.

I got a couple tosses in. Less glide than a comet and more high speed stability. Similar to a average Z buzzz with less fade. Disc surprised me.

on the DC page the disc profile shows it having a bead BuzzzSS
i have a glow am nats SS and it is flatter with no bead like the wing of a zone or meteor

caddydog said:
on the DC page the disc profile shows it having a bead BuzzzSS
i have a glow am nats SS and it is flatter with no bead like the wing of a zone or meteor

I think they just used the same profile graphic as the Buzzz. Hopefully they'll change it.

It definatly does not have a bead, Ive throw them. They will turnover and glide nicely when you put some heat on em but still has a wee bit of fade at the end. Pretty much is going to fly like a year old Z buzzz for most people

jmoody said:
Pretty much is going to fly like a year old Z buzzz for most people
that was my read on it. got a few dozen throws in on the driving range with a variety of weights. i was getting a good 15-20' more with the fresh SSes vs the regular fresh Buzzzes i tested against. didn't expect that. some of my longest midrange throws with those things.

the description i put on the box was: "like a z-buzzz that's been livin' large for a year"

should try a glow z buzzz they are a little more stable... i have a min of 6 buzzz in bag from 1st run to pro d.. pro d buzz will turn and hold the line like a comet new...

I got two of the Emac signed Buzzz SSs (175 g) and mine were domey and not has HSS as the Buzzz. I think the glide is a tad more than the Buzzz as well. I wasn't out ripping the disc as hard as I could since it is winter and the tee pads suck, but I was able to get it to 300' fairly easy on a nice flex shot. I can see this being a great anny disc and low power short straight shots. I still have some playing to do with it, so I"ll post again if any other subtleties pop up.

Buzzz SS is a great disc! Many probably don't know about the limited release stamp that Dynamic Discs has exclusively for EMAC! Check it out!

http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/servlet/Categories?$catalog.Start=1&$catalog.Total=44&category=ALL&keyword=buzzz%20ss

Keep your eyes peeled for the EMAC Challenger!

Rusco said:
Buzzz SS is a great disc! Many probably don't know about the limited release stamp that Dynamic Discs has exclusively for EMAC! Check it out!

http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/servlet/Categories?$catalog.Start=1&$catalog.Total=44&category=ALL&keyword=buzzz%20ss

Keep your eyes peeled for the EMAC Challenger!

What kind of plastic is that challenger going to come in? Like the cams?

That Emac stamp is sweet.

So I just got one of these by accident. Ordered a Z buzzz and got a Z buzzz ss instead. The interesting thing about the disc is the plastic though. It seems to be a mix of Z and Esp. You can not see through it like a normal Z disc. It feels really good in the hand though. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or got one like it. It is a watermelon pink emac edition.