• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Caiman

I'm actually shocked by this, I've thrown a Stego and Justice and the Stego is just in a league of it's own

I own both and was hoping the Stego lived up to the hype. The Justice in Bio Fuzion is more OS and more useful than a Stego. The Justice instantly hyzers and drops perfectly. Stego is inconsistent for me.
Same weights.

Just my opinion.

I own both and was hoping the Stego lived up to the hype. The Justice in Bio Fuzion is more OS and more useful than a Stego. The Justice instantly hyzers and drops perfectly. Stego is inconsistent for me.
Same weights.

Just my opinion.

You're not throwing the Stego right. Mine is ridicously tacoed/warped/waffled, and is just as OS as when new, and I bet I can throw a Justice 20' further.

Are any of the newer star runs flat? Currently throwing a mortar but would probably try the caiman if I could find a flat star.

Are any of the newer star runs flat? Currently throwing a mortar but would probably try the caiman if I could find a flat star.

The Star Caimans I bought when they first came out were flat, and then the one I bought a couple weeks ago is also flat. Champ Caimans have been 50/50, one has slight dome in the middle, one is board flat. So anecdotally, Stars have been more consistently flat.

I got my Star Caiman last fall and it's the flattest disc I own.

Interesting, I don't have any shops near me and the few times I've been somewhere that has them in stock they have all been rather domey.

Stopped by a PIAS after work & fondled the inventory. Got my hands on a Champion Caiman & was surprised how great it felt with my grip. It's got the micro-est of micro beads that I can barely see or feel.

Managed to get a quick round in before dark & am impressed so far. Its os for sure but not near the 2|0|4 stability on the stamp. I agree with the 5.5 speed. It really popped out of my hand fast for a mid.

I wanted the Champion for extra durability but the Star Caimans I saw there have got a killer stock stamp. Almost as cool as the DX Wraith stamp....almost.

My Buzzz OS has some competition right now.

Last edited:
I saw some domey Caimans at Mando's in Auburn, WA the other day. They were all muted colors, almost faded, dark pastel. Each had a dome which curved consistently from shoulder to center of flight plate, not quite pop topped but the shape that typically lends itself to poppy tops in drivers. Probably a few mm of dome.

Also each of them had that interesting texture on the rim that made me think blizzard plastic at first. Then as I took a closer look and feel, I realized that the texture is not unlike that on many of the current run 1.5 mortars - not blizzardy with air pockets, but some kind of texture to the rim that maybe resulted from the way it was injected... just spitballing here.

I noticed that blizzard like texture on a lot of the Star Caimans I saw yesterday. The discs were all 170-175g. Didn't see that texture on any of the Champions there. Odd.

^^^ i have a champ with that texture, they are out there. i prefer the champ to 1st run star also. its a lil better feel, little more glide, slightly softer fade on the finish.

In the past couple of months I've really taken to my proto star Caiman. I did pick up a Champion flat top Caiman as a backup. However, what I'd really like to see is an XT Caiman now that it's getting colder outside. Plus, I'd be curious to see if an XT version would hit and stick or if it would still skip like my Star and Champion versions do.

In the past couple of months I've really taken to my proto star Caiman. I did pick up a Champion flat top Caiman as a backup. However, what I'd really like to see is an XT Caiman now that it's getting colder outside. Plus, I'd be curious to see if an XT version would hit and stick or if it would still skip like my Star and Champion versions do.

A softer Caiman is exactly what i want! My star has already taken over many of my Xsoft Zone shots and im more confident in the Caiman. I just want one that has less skip for those touchier approach shots!

A softer Caiman is exactly what i want! My star has already taken over many of my Xsoft Zone shots and im more confident in the Caiman. I just want one that has less skip for those touchier approach shots!

They're not easy to find, but a Frontline-X Mortar is basically a GStar Caiman. It's a little less OS but still very reliable.

They're not easy to find, but a Frontline-X Mortar is basically a GStar Caiman. It's a little less OS but still very reliable.

Discsport here in Sweden have 37pc of Frontline-X Mortar in stock, and only 5 Euro in shipping ;)

But is the Mortar really that close to a Caiman? . .i have a few of the Pink Grow Mortar and i was thinking of trying a FR Caiman just for fun

Latest posts