• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

Masked is right. $20 shipped is a little high, but this disc is MOST DEFINITELY worth it. One of the best new releases I've seen in years. The CD3 is what a Wraith wants to be when it grows up. Can't wait for S-Line.

And now they got free shipping for 50. Grab 3 while youre at it :)

Did not notice much difference between the 171g and 175g. Same goodness. Cant wait until spring kicks really in and I get to really pit these against the DDxs. Three weeks until a competition on a golf course with killer long holes. It will be one full power throw after another, so the CD3 and DDx will get lots of airtime.

Do we have an idea when the normal release will be on these? I want to try one but don't want to pay fundraiser prices...

I'd like to know when a normal production run will be released, also. I'm hoping to get a CD3 in a weight in the upper 160s, hopefully an S-Line (though C-Line is okay) and *NO* DGWT stamp.

And now they got free shipping for 50. Grab 3 while youre at it :)

Did not notice much difference between the 171g and 175g. Same goodness. Cant wait until spring kicks really in and I get to really pit these against the DDxs. Three weeks until a competition on a golf course with killer long holes. It will be one full power throw after another, so the CD3 and DDx will get lots of airtime.

I'm a little curious about your "in the bag", you seem to play with a lot Discmania, team player?

I'm a little curious about your "in the bag", you seem to play with a lot Discmania, team player?

By no means. This year only managed to snag a Media Team spot. I am a measly 851 rated AM (largely because I cant putt to save my life). Just enthusiastic about the sport and caught on early with Discmania. Liked their superb customer service from the get go, and the lineup seemed succinct enough that my reasoning was that if I stick to one manufacturer (plus some Innova, since thats what I started with) my disc hoarding should stay in check. I was still way past 100 discs at one point, but now I almost only have molds that I throw.

Check out my Youtube page for more: https://www.youtube.com/user/glaabaglooba/
It has still a pretty current ITB from late 2016 (20 minutes of longwindedness though if youre up for it) as well as a short intro clip of who I am as a disc golfer. (DMP vlog #2) New ITB will be upcoming once the MD4 is out and I know whether that goes in or not. CD3 still on the fence.

Took my CD3 with me to Connecticut (sea level) and it flies differently than back home (900'). Pretty straight with maybe the slightest bit of turn and a nice moderate fade. Basically a longer Thunderbird for me. If I lived here I would bag it for sure.

I like most things about living in GA except how discs fly.

Why don't you like how discs fly in GA? That's the only place I've taken discs to fly :(
Except Florida, but that was once...

Why don't you like how discs fly in GA? That's the only place I've taken discs to fly :(

Discs fly differently at altitude than at sea level. It's even more pronounced in places like Colorado, and 5000+ feet of elevation. Me, I never really realized the ATL was at nearly 1000 ft., and I don't really worry about it.

I get more glide & distance at sea level, and discs tend to be a bit less stable. I love GA and love disc golf, but I enjoy it that much more when I travel to lower elevations.

Discs float further under the sea, I know, I know, oh oh oh!

So he last couple of rounds I've tried to rely on my CD3 for Max D and it hasn't really disappointed me except for one throw that I thought it would go about 20' further. I have found that it will do almost anything I ask except find the basket, but it is a driver after all. I'm seeing 340-375' of distance and I only expect that to increase as it wears in. Now if only I could get my hands on a PDx to pair with it.

Is there any more word on the release of the production CD3? I missed out and am psyched to throw one of these!

So he last couple of rounds I've tried to rely on my CD3 for Max D and it hasn't really disappointed me except for one throw that I thought it would go about 20' further. I have found that it will do almost anything I ask except find the basket, but it is a driver after all. I'm seeing 340-375' of distance and I only expect that to increase as it wears in. Now if only I could get my hands on a PDx to pair with it.
How overstable are you looking for a pair? C-line DD's are pretty overstable if you want something easy to get ahold of/replace.

I need PDx type OS for FHs, BH hyzers, and I like the feel of the PDx better than the 2 DDs I've tried. I can get the CD3 to do DD type hyzer lines but I can't FH for any kind of consistency, and its not very forgiving if I screw up, and with my putting the way it is I need all the distance I can get.

Discs fly differently at altitude than at sea level. It's even more pronounced in places like Colorado, and 5000+ feet of elevation. Me, I never really realized the ATL was at nearly 1000 ft., and I don't really worry about it.

Just imagine what its like at courses like Leadville or Aspen where we throw at 11,000'.

Guys up here tend to learn a little more power than form early and making the transition down is tough. First time I played close to sea level (Emporia) I was throwing Predators for almost everything but rollers.

I currently bag/cycle wraiths for my primary distance drivers (Also have a ddx, beat in octane, and low weight champ glow destroyer each for different purposes). How would a fresh CD3 compare to a fresh Wraith? Slightly more turn, maybe a wee bit more glide?