• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check it out bought at Play it again sports

8fe499c6.jpg

Found these puppies for $8 each today! Teebird had no ink and max weight. Flipped it for $30 to GGGT about 5 minutes after I got to BRP.

my PIAS manager has played for years so everytime he sees a gem walk in the door he knows what its worth and makes it a wall hanger :|

The teebird was money so it was hard to let go, but I figured for $30 it would do me more harm than good because 1. I wouldn't get attached to an OOP disc, and 2. I made $22 off of it.

The augusta is super flippy. SUPER.

Interesting story about PIAS. During the USDGC this year, I lost a couple of my Augustas in the lake and got all but one back before I left SC. All of my plastic has my name, pdga #, and phone # on it and the lost one was no different. Fast forward a few weeks, a friend of mine from Evansville, IN sends me a picture of an Augusta that he just bought on Ebay and I comment that it looks exactly like the one I lost in SC. My friend contacts the seller to get some background info and surprise, surprise the guy is from Rock Hill. His story went along the lines that he found the Augusta in a PIAS and picked it up. Seeing as it is in pretty good condition, he puts it up on Ebay to try to profit from it and my friend buys the disc. A couple days go by and my friend gets the disc in the mail. My name/pdga #/phone # are still on the disc with no attempt by any body to ink out my contact info. I didn't get a phone call about the disc 1. when it came out of the lake 2. before it got sold to the PIAS 3. after it got bought from the PIAS 4. before it got posted on Ebay.

I don't necessarily believe the guy's story that he bought my disc at a PIAS and shipped it to Ebay for more money. He probably was the guy who pulled it out of the lake and the PIAS tangent made it sound like he legitimately had my disc without contacting me. So if you're reading this and you are the guy who pulled my disc out of the lake without even having the courtesy to call me about it, hope your bag gets stolen after you read this.

wow..thats alot of karma to put on someone for fishing ur disc out of the water..i mean u lost it and apparently he put more effort into retrieving than u did..kind of a dick move hoping his bag gets stolen becuz u LOST a disc..i mean it could have stayed in there never to be found and u would have never known the difference.CMON MAN!!!!

Found these puppies for $8 each today! Teebird had no ink and max weight. Flipped it for $30 to GGGT about 5 minutes after I got to BRP.

I'm pissed about that Teebird! I look all the time and never find anything! You should've given me first crack on that, too

Haha, maybe if it didn't take you two hours after I got there to finish your round...
I'm gonna be checking another PIAS about 10 minutes away in Roseville tomorrow.

There is a certain amount of bad karma that a person will indubitably receive if they don't try to contact the original owner. That is all, though. No one is legally obligated to make the effort, but common decency dictates a certain course of action...doing your best to get it back. Unfortunately, I see too many newbs that haven't figured this out yet. They don't fully understand the attachment that someone can develop for their plastic. It usually takes a case of the tables being turned for them to figure it out.

That being said, I think PIAS takes way too loose of a stance concerning used plastic purchasing. They don't seem to adhere to any legally mandated "pawning" rules. They don't care. That is truly a crime...

Play it Again is not a pawn shop. Therefore not bound by the strict rules governing pawn shops. They are a resale shop and the rules are indeed different. We've got a pretty good thing going with the one around here in that they'll give the discs back for what they have in them (usually a couple bucks) if you show them your ID. Not bad for getting back plastic that some douche decided to keep and sell and much easier to deal with than the Ebayers.

There is a certain amount of bad karma that a person will indubitably receive if they don't try to contact the original owner. That is all, though. No one is legally obligated to make the effort, but common decency dictates a certain course of action...doing your best to get it back. Unfortunately, I see too many newbs that haven't figured this out yet. They don't fully understand the attachment that someone can develop for their plastic. It usually takes a case of the tables being turned for them to figure it out.

That being said, I think PIAS takes way too loose of a stance concerning used plastic purchasing. They don't seem to adhere to any legally mandated "pawning" rules. They don't care. That is truly a crime...

That's not really true, but instead of starting this arguement in this thread read this one or search for an open one.

Play it Again is not a pawn shop. Therefore not bound by the strict rules governing pawn shops. They are a resale shop and the rules are indeed different. We've got a pretty good thing going with the one around here in that they'll give the discs back for what they have in them (usually a couple bucks) if you show them your ID. Not bad for getting back plastic that some douche decided to keep and sell and much easier to deal with than the Ebayers.

Are you telling me that they voluntarily call the phone numbers that are on the back of the discs AFTER they just paid someone for it? I highly doubt that. If they are, kudos to them! I simply think they need to have a stricter purchasing policy than they currently do. I don't want to feel the need to go check the local PIAS stores every week for my lost/stolen plastic. There might not be anything legally wrong with their current policies, but it sure seems a bit on the shady side...

Are you telling me that they voluntarily call the phone numbers that are on the back of the discs AFTER they just paid someone for it? I highly doubt that. If they are, kudos to them! I simply think they need to have a stricter purchasing policy than they currently do. I don't want to feel the need to go check the local PIAS stores every week for my lost/stolen plastic. There might not be anything legally wrong with their current policies, but it sure seems a bit on the shady side...

No, they don't call the numbers. That is not at all what I said. Whenever I go in there, if I find discs that belong to friends, they'll sell them to me at the price they paid for them. Only a couple of bucks and I've managed to return some lost gems this way.

No, they don't call the numbers. That is not at all what I said. Whenever I go in there, if I find discs that belong to friends, they'll sell them to me at the price they paid for them. Only a couple of bucks and I've managed to return some lost gems this way.

I thought you had to show proper ID to get them back at cost. Do you carry your friends ID's too?

I just hate PIAS sports, that is all. Why do you care who I "troll"? You are doing the same thing by responding as well. I am simply trying to find a valid explanation why PIAS hasn't been told by the genreal DGing public to find a better method of operations.

because, not everyone is honest about finding other peoples plastic, especially if its a gem, im even guilty of that, searching for CE and oop when i visit, its not illegal, and even though it may not be the best way, its how they stay in business