• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

Man I just went through this whole thread, and I've got to say you have some sweet stuff. I love the trippy geometric stuff! Saw your spill in the kitchen. Thats my worst fear. The wife already doesn't like me dyeing in the kitchen, Im glad she didn't see that pic. Keep up the good work!

Always be careful and stick to what you know- that spill would have never happened if I hadn't decided to dip my brush straight into the flint bottle balanced on the edge of the sink, instead of pouring a small amount of dye into a dish in the bottom of the sink like I normally do.

From one married man whose wife is uneasy about kitchen dyeing to another, be f'in careful!

ChUcK said:
...From one married man whose wife is uneasy about kitchen dyeing to another, be f'in careful!
No wiser words have been spoken, ChUcK.
My spill wasn't as bad as yours, but it put the kibosh on dying for a while, and almost started the dieing.

Here's a couple I did recently. This one was for a friend who now has a new addition to his series of "flippy" dyes.

Star Beast
P1014833.jpg

And one for me, of course. My bag has been pretty dye free as of late, which needs some fixing.
Z Pred
P1014835.jpg

wow....just went through the thread, and all i can say is wow. i wish we had someone like you over here selling discs at my local course lol

Here's the whole disc, some call me... tim? 's GutterBalls Striker.

P1014840.jpg

I dyed a thin black outline around the purple stamp so as it wears off the disc will still be easily identifiable.

Thats a beautiful dye ChUck. Lovin the vibrancy of the colors and the crisp clean lines. Those strikers look stunning when you dye them.
Did you have trouble getting the dye to take? I dyed a few of the glass clear ones and I had to let them soak long and xtra hot to get the dye to take evenly.
Nice stuff! You never disappoint.
Now I'm going to have to watch the Big Lebowski again. :mrgreen:

Well, I had to leave the blue areas in the dye for a while, but I had just rehydrated my blue RIT and mixed it a little thin.

P1014846.jpg
P1014848.jpg

This vinyl is ready for another Striker dye, but I'm all out of blank plastic at the moment...

ChUcK said:
Here's the whole disc, some call me... tim? 's GutterBalls Striker.

P1014840.jpg

I dyed a thin black outline around the purple stamp so as it wears off the disc will still be easily identifiable.

Would pay for that.

Latest posts