• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ChUcK's latest dye...

Thanks for all of the compliments and encouragement. I'll keep trying to come up with new stuff to post, any ideas on what could make a good dye?

I wish tattooing discs could earn me a living, but it would only work out if I was a single man with a reliable car. The only way to make enough money to keep going freelance I would have to tour around the country, hitting the biggest tournaments. That's where the action is, not hanging around at the same local course seeing the same people who have seen your same dyes already. :roll:

ChUcK said:
Thanks for all of the compliments and encouragement. I'll keep trying to come up with new stuff to post, any ideas on what could make a good dye?

I wish tattooing discs could earn me a living, but it would only work out if I was a single man with a reliable car. The only way to make enough money to keep going freelance I would have to tour around the country, hitting the biggest tournaments. That's where the action is, not hanging around at the same local course seeing the same people who have seen your same dyes already. :roll:

Web shop? Ebay store? As a side business. The net could be a great way to reach a lot of people with minimal maintenance on Ebay methinks.

I've found that donating some of my dyes to tournaments either for their raffle, or payout, is a good way to get some extra exposure. Your next step is to get a small Ecommerce site built, or partner up with someone like GTGT, Poorboy, or MS. Have them send you discs for wholesale, dye them, have them bump the retail and take your royalties. Im sure you know it's impossible to make a living, but it might be a few extra bucks to pay for a tournament road trip or something.

Whoa, the art for the End of the Trail Classic rocks! Any chance it was hot stamped on a Soft Mag?

Thanks, we finally found a local artist! No soft mags unfortunately. I believe we'll have Shockwaves, Rogues, and other discs with that stamp on them. I'll be doing some dyes with that logo on some champion/Z plastic in the near future.

Got a local boy who's crazy about VWs:

P1014446.jpg
P1014448.jpg

For some reason I couldn't get the lighting quite right. The steal your face disc is just an orange star destroyer, but it reflected the morning light in an odd manner. The FLX challenger one is day-glo yellow/green (on the undyed parts) but the lighting makes it look a little sickly. Oh well, at least the guy they're dyed for gets to see them in person, and that's what counts.

Took some painstaking minutes to get all those straight lines cut- I kept getting a little tilted and was shaving slices off of my wife's nice clear plastic sewing yardstick. She'll never notice- unless she decides to start sewing again!

P1014467.jpg

P1014470.jpg

P1014469.jpg

This one was a pleasure to cut out. It's a Women's roller derby team, my buddy's favorite. The gray shading on the banner should fade quicker than the lettering, causing it to be more visible as the dye ages.

I lost a little bit of my soul with this one, but it had to be done...

Boss_Hogg.jpg
P1014526.jpg

I forget- what cartoon is this from?
P1014514.jpg

THUNDERCATS, ho.

That wasn't a joke. I'd love a bag of those mathmatica dyes and the native american ones like that teebird.

169 Opto Striker...am i the first to dye a Striker, or just the first one to post?

P1014832.jpg

Nice dye (again) Chuck! But, alas, you were not the first to dye a striker. I did one a couple months ago for a buddy (pick a striker dye for me thread), but never got around to posting it...

pd

Latest posts