• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Maybe it's a timeframe right after that, mine isn't pearly, just a dayglo yellow. Personally I find it's not particularly grippy and just doesn't feel good in the hand. I have a similar problem with a lot of the stiff jolly launcher Champ as well as some of the newer ESP.

New Z from this past year is really nice though. The swirl glo MJ comet is good too.

The 4 year old Z is the best translucent plastic I have ever thrown. Nice and stiff, it's what I judge all others by.

The 2019 was both slicker and more flexible... Although I am finding that this year's is loosing it slickness as it farther out-gasses, even though it isn't being played wirh.

If we include how it's aged my favorite plastic ever is the Z used for my opaque 4 point Z predators. It feels better than my Opaque 11x Teebirds and is holding up better than CE these days.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I just really love Z plastic. I like stiff plastic and Z is virtually indestructible. My 4-5 year old Z Glide still almost looks like new and my new Z Sol looks like it's going to be the same way.:thmbup:

I'm a big fan of Z, especially the weird trippy haha grippy Z in yellow... but here to throw some love down for my orange meatball big Z. It's breaking in beautifully.

Amazing at 150' + range!!! :)

When did Discraft release the Tour Series 2019 Swirly ESP Comet? Like January 2019?

Only ones I can find on websites are max weight 177+ and dull. No lower weights or better color bursts.

If I ever see a Saturn-stamped Comet in any plastic I'll throw my wallet at whoever has it. :|

Even one from 2005?

Attachments

• 4136AD36-8F8F-4151-B27B-37546A1735A7.jpg
    4136AD36-8F8F-4151-B27B-37546A1735A7.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Was there an MJ Tour Series in both 2018 and 2019, two different runs? Or has the 2018 MJ Tour Series just continued into 2019?

I believe that Discraft has produced Michael Johansen Tour Series Comets for at least 3 years now.
The 2017s were in Z plastic.
The 2018s were in a glow ESP plastic.
The 2019s are a bottom stamped swirly ESP.

Last edited:
Which one of you addicts snagged that last xout MJ that was on Infinite last night? I was going to buy it this morning and she gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did Discraft release the Tour Series 2019 Swirly ESP Comet? Like January 2019?

Only ones I can find on websites are max weight 177+ and dull. No lower weights or better color bursts.
The Tour Series discs are pretty much all heavy. I think you have to luck out to find a light one; I've never seen an MJ Comet in anything but 177+.

Picked up this beauty today. I've not seen many White Meatball Comets.

d26cd887c9d959aed079756873a63de9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a Ti comet that has really nice dome and is surprisingly great feeling plastic. All my other Ti stuff has been stiff and slick but this has some give and tack. Threw it yesterday and it is on the more overstable side, absolute money.

On today's installment of "That Damn Comet..."

picture.php

I swear in the year and a half I've bagged this stupid thing, I've lost it in the middle of the fairway eight times. :mad: This time it only took about four minutes to find, which isn't all that bad. It took a full 12 minutes to find it in the middle of the fairway at Briscoe Woods last fall, and this spring I left it at Sunset Hills after looking for it for over 15 minutes and went back the next week; found it dug in under some vines in the middle of an overgrown fairway after looking for another 10 minutes. I'm never buying another disc in that awful color.

Comets like landing flat and sliding under stuff.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

That is due to the putter like nature of the Comet, mold will want to naturally fall slower the way a putter does.

I mean take a Rubber Putter from Lighting, the Rubber Putter is basically a Comet especially if you think of the Amount of glide a Rubber Putter has. The glide makes the Rubber Putter get to the same spot a Comet will with same power just that a Rubber Putter will take more time to get there being the Rubber putter is slower. Same can be said of the Aero but I used Rubber Putter as the rims/wing is closer on both.

Latest posts