• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Contender Back Pak by Physical Flight DG $155

Sounds good. I am holding off on the Upper Park Shift and the Contender for now. If this newer small model does not work out, I will more than likely get the Newest Contender.

I personally like the first run OPEN side pockets. I already have 24 or more discs in the main pouch and 2-3 putters up top, so I put one each of my "goto" midranges (you could do drivers as well) on the sides for quick access. I don't want to unzip or reach inside something to get more stuff... just a quick pick of my Roc. Easy to tell someone else closer to my bag maybe what to bring me... just my $0.02 and in the minority I'm sure.

I personally like the first run OPEN side pockets. I already have 24 or more discs in the main pouch and 2-3 putters up top, so I put one each of my "goto" midranges (you could do drivers as well) on the sides for quick access. I don't want to unzip or reach inside something to get more stuff... just a quick pick of my Roc. Easy to tell someone else closer to my bag maybe what to bring me... just my $0.02 and in the minority I'm sure.

I am enjoying the side pocket too. However you have to cram 2 discs if you want them there. I am looking forward to these pockets cause they can hold more discs and you can still leave the pocket open to grab and go, but I see what you are saying scotty.

Good to hear newer smaller model is in the works right now. Would love to have smaller model for casual/minimalist rounds.

I mounted my MJ Contender bag on Bag Boy Quad cart and it is great. I use elastic cord to hold down the Contender top handle to the cart frame and then pull down the shoulder straps fully and it secures nicely to the cart.

However you have to cram 2 discs if you want them there.

Not following you on this aspect... I have a DX Flat Top Roc on one side and a Neutron Ion on the other... tight fit and really no room for another. I don't think I could fit a second disc in either side if I tried. Maybe for drivers. I may have to try that... 4 most relevant drivers on the outside would be cool!

Yes... I'm still delinquent on my review. I know I can see this one for $125 and "upgrade" for free basically... but I dunno if I want to. I put my metal mine on the side already and the rest is TOP SHELF!

Green/Black or Black/Black (previously reserved for team players) would be my only reason.

Can't wait for the smaller backpack. But admittedly, I'm biased. :thmbup: :D

I am too but I don't care! All the big name bag companies all have big bags that carry about 20 plus discs and are around 200. I was stoked for the contender, but I am also happy to see a smaller bag for the smaller courses I visit or the more casual rounds. Then save my contender for the tournaments. I am getting better, but sometimes my disc choices are poor and that costs my whole game sometimes so, limit your discs, limit your mistakes right?

I really hope we see this new smaller PF bag sooner rather than later. I am in the market now for a new backpack style bag. I do not carry 20+ discs at this time and more than likely won't ever. I like my 6 Fairways, 4 Mids, and 2 putters. I also got a buddy of mine highly interested in the Contender as well.

The smaller bag is coming, just figuring out how to keep the price below $100 as well as keep it looking good and standing up on its own, if you do a shift or focus type bag it's hard to keep up without a heavy duty frame. We are testing it out right now to see what works best.

Limit your molds... but not necessarily your discs. 7 molds, 3 of each seems reasonable... I'm not there yet, but working towards it.

thats what I have, mostly. all in my sig, a couple more that I am still working out whether to keep. Also trying out the firebird and xxx

Can't wait to get my contender I have tracked down a patch for every disc I throw but a aviar.........gonna look so sick:)

The new MJ sig patches will be in within the next week and sent to those who ordered an MJ sig bag after he signs them and the others will be sewn onto all the new MJ sig bags.

Just FYI 2nd run Pre-orders end May 15 snf after that I will on my honeymoon for 10 days and not answering emails.

He is correct, part of the reason is we wanted this to be our large capacity bag so 30-35 discs is possible.

The smaller bag will max at 15-16.