• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Discraft likes to drop small batches of CryZtal Fierce and Luna so a few people can buy them all to sell on Ebay

it´s a wierd new world. .

Do the Bro-D Roaches feel just like Lunas?

My local shop has them so I went ahead and grabbed a couple. Yeah, I paid a premium price for mid grade plastic just like I said I wouldn't. I guess that's what happens when I can't find a JB Roach in any retail shop all year.

It feels just like the Luna plastic I've felt up. A little texture but not as much as the proto. I threw a few putts and I like it, firm and grippy. Gonna mess with it but might save them for warmer weather and use my JB Roaches when it's colder.

The Halloween buzzzes this year are very cool. A blue glow plastic on some of them. Feel and fly great.

I'm about ready to give up on DC...All these limited run nonsense while ignoring regular production is infuriating. Everyone is out of stock of like everything unless its a tour stamp or a Brodie stamp.

I'm about ready to give up on DC...All these limited run nonsense while ignoring regular production is infuriating. Everyone is out of stock of like everything unless its a tour stamp or a Brodie stamp.

I'm not ready to give up but I am pretty frustrated that I can't find a stock esp/big z comet in my preferred color anywhere.

Are other brands any better in this regard though? It seems to me that stock of almost everything is pretty limited, except for the fancy stuff you mentioned.

Are other brands any better in this regard though? It seems to me that stock of almost everything is pretty limited, except for the fancy stuff you mentioned.

Have production runs peaked?

So, I don't throw much Discraft but picked up a Zflx Ringer GT today. Going to be playing around with it for short approach shots. Hoping maybe it's a a little like a baby version of the Pig I'm used to using. My biggest complaint about the Pig is how stiff the disc is. Spike it in under the basket or draw metal and I'll likely have a thirty foot putt because it tends to bounce off or get on edge and roll away. I'm hoping the Zflx will hit metal and just kind of flop down close to the basket.

Any Ringer GT throwers want to enlighten me about the general flight or stability of the disc? I know it likely won't be as beefy as my Pig but how does it do in a headwind?

Thanks.

Not going to lie, I'm about done supporting any of the bigger companies. Plenty of fun smaller brand stuff out there.

95% unfortunately use the big companies production houses. I mean unless the discs are made for the company by Gateway maybe MVP/Axiom they are made by a bigger company like Latitude 64 for Discmania or Discmania using Innova for manufacture. Another is Millennium had partnered with Innova since the begging. So yeah good luck most of the smaller brands even if you consider Gateway and MVP/Axiom big brands are then 99% big brands. trying to find smaller brands if you think Gateway and MVP/Axion size is big is nearly 100% impossible and most are like crappy Chinese beginner sets, some few not PDGA approved or Legacy where they are always out of stock being too small.

Good luck in that, you are going to need it with the smaller brands not made by the bigger brands.

So, I don't throw much Discraft but picked up a Zflx Ringer GT today. Going to be playing around with it for short approach shots. Hoping maybe it's a a little like a baby version of the Pig I'm used to using. My biggest complaint about the Pig is how stiff the disc is. Spike it in under the basket or draw metal and I'll likely have a thirty foot putt because it tends to bounce off or get on edge and roll away. I'm hoping the Zflx will hit metal and just kind of flop down close to the basket.

Any Ringer GT throwers want to enlighten me about the general flight or stability of the disc? I know it likely won't be as beefy as my Pig but how does it do in a headwind?

Thanks.

I bag a Zflx Ringer, it's great for up shots. Knocked my Envy out of the bag. I agree, it will not a as over stable as a Pig though. My area isn't all that windy but I wouldn't expect it to flip in a headwind.

Another teaser campaign (hopefully more exciting than the last...)
Shoe sponsor? Apparel? McBaskets?
attachment.php

No updates yet?

My guess is that he's taking his talents to South Beach.

Bummer. I was hoping for an amateur level disc golf complex :p

#sub900ratedforlife

I bag a Zflx Ringer, it's great for up shots. Knocked my Envy out of the bag. I agree, it will not a as over stable as a Pig though. My area isn't all that windy but I wouldn't expect it to flip in a headwind.

Thanks. I actually took it out this evening to the little pitch and putt course near my house. Definitely doesn't finish as strong as my Pig but it definitely can take a good rip without turning. Played the front nine with nothing but the Ringer GT and was -4 after the first three holes with a nice forehand ace on the third hole and actually tickled the chains on hole four and nearly aced back to back holes.

While it definitely isn't quite Pig-like it does one thing better than the Pig. It comes down and lands more like a putter where the Pig usually crashes on edge and bounces, skips, or rolls.

I'll slip this in the bag in place of the Pig for now and see how it goes.

Thanks.

I threw a soft and Zflx Ringer GT for a while as I was getting into over-stable approach discs. Eventually found then too unstable for a full rip and have moved to Zones. I prefer the slightly thicker rim too.

I just wish I could buy some spare soft Zones. I have an amazing over-stable one at the moment but I nearly lost it in a pond the other day and it got me worried.

Latest posts