• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Anyone hear anything about whether or not DC is going to be able to step up production anytime soon? Getting real tough to find discs I want - especially non-tour discs.

Well I just picked up a misprint box off of their site last week. So I'm guessing they are producing more product right now it seems.

I figured out today that I really love the Z Zone. McBeth 5X. First off, the disc is beautiful, and the plastic looks very rugged/durable.

More importantly, the Zone is like the Swiss army knife of discs. It can be used for a multitude of purposes. I found it most useful for tee shots on short holes. Before, I would try to throw mids at like 60% power or a putter at 100%. That led to inconsistency. I would tend to underthrow the mids, and overthrow the putter. The Zone solved this problem. I throw the Zone at 100% power and it does the same thing every time. Horrible glide (perfect), no turn (also perfect), and it lands softly and stops. No skipping or bad rolls.

Today was the first time I'd ever thrown a Zone, and it immediately passed the initial tryout and became a member of my bag. Very consistent mid/putter that can be smashed hard and not even show a hint of high speed turn. It glides poorly, so it won't float off on you. Very consistent overstability. All I was doing was hammering the Zone right of the hole and it would fade reliably back every time.

The Zone works poorly for putting. I don't recommend using it for that. The disc is too overstable and glideless for putting, and everything I tried kept coming up short.

Great disc. In the hand it feels like a putter, but it throws like a mid. I will bag the Zone for the foreseeable future.

I like the zone for putting in high winds situations only. Also the zone is the best forehand approach disc on the market.

I'm curious how many black Z Zones Discraft would have to make before they stopped selling like hotcakes. I can't think of any particular disc and color combination that would be more desirable to the masses.

The next thing Paul and Brodie throw. Magenta Hawks? Put a dark horse stamp on it and it's a done deal.

The next thing Paul and Brodie throw. Magenta Hawks? Put a dark horse stamp on it and it's a done deal.

Hmmm. I wonder if I can get them to throw an X Wasp... as long as I get 25 before they release to the masses. Also didn't Paul try this with the Krait when he was with Innova? Seriously want to get ahold of Bob and see if this works.

I'm curious how many black Z Zones Discraft would have to make before they stopped selling like hotcakes. I can't think of any particular disc and color combination that would be more desirable to the masses.

It´s funny and strange that so many Discraft pros use black Zones..why?

Paul, Paige and Hailey all used black Zones. . .why create a market for something you can´t buy?

Hmmm. I wonder if I can get them to throw an X Wasp... as long as I get 25 before they release to the masses. Also didn't Paul try this with the Krait when he was with Innova? Seriously want to get ahold of Bob and see if this works.

An X Wasp sounds good! But you and I and others on here, you know, throw them, not flip em. Discraft is starting to irrate me.

It´s funny and strange that so many Discraft pros use black Zones..why?

Paul, Paige and Hailey all used black Zones. . .why create a market for something you can´t buy?

Yes even Paul Ulibarri uses a black Zone in Z FLX or if not I forget the plastic version in black. Even some longtime Discraft sponsored Pro players were given the McBeast Pro discs that use the Zone and most took a black disc in Z FLX or if not they used a different plastic the took black due to what color Paul Mc uses and the discs are hard to find in that color since before the Corona Virus. The Discraft Company is having a hard time keeping up with discs due to the huge demand for Discraft during the period they could not manufacture due to state laws.

All I want is another Max weight or at least 173-174 gram Jawbreaker Magnet if not one in the 172-173 gram set that weights 173 grams.

If you like bagging black discs, it's the easiest color to shop for:
shopping

Just commenting on the silliness in general.

I'm a Discraft customer and all I want for Christmas is some more black JB Roaches, preferably not a limited Bro-D run that he sells on his facebook fan page.

Well I'll be a sonofab....

https://www.sunkingdiscs.com/discraft-bro-d-roach

Not on his facebook page but $20 for a Bro-D Roach. Gee, thanks Discraft.

Firefly in Nexus plastic felt pretty sweet the other day. I might see if I can find some on the shelf somewhere.

Well I'll be a sonofab....

https://www.sunkingdiscs.com/discraft-bro-d-roach

Not on his facebook page but $20 for a Bro-D Roach. Gee, thanks Discraft.

Firefly in Nexus plastic felt pretty sweet the other day. I might see if I can find some on the shelf somewhere.

Its a Roach in the Luna plastic with a Brodie stamp.....sooo?? Whats wrong with the pricing?

p.s. the firefly in nexus on sunking was 19.99 too. ;)

Its a Roach in the Luna plastic with a Brodie stamp.....sooo?? Whats wrong with the pricing?

p.s. the firefly in nexus on sunking was 19.99 too. ;)
Well, I didn't know it was Luna plastic being called Bro-"D". I'd probably grab a couple if I could be reasonably assured they would be reasonably available in the future.

Good luck with the firefly's. New ones seem to be commanding $50-60 and I've seen pretty well used ones in the $15-20 range.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Another teaser campaign (hopefully more exciting than the last...)
Shoe sponsor? Apparel? McBaskets?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 278
Well, I didn't know it was Luna plastic being called Bro-"D". I'd probably grab a couple if I could be reasonably assured they would be reasonably available in the future.

I'm fairly certain that Brodie and Paul are commissioning their own runs of discs now? My memory is cloudy on that though. But, as long as their discs are in demand, I think they will keep doing their "own" runs as I'm sure they are making bank off of them

Is the Rubber Blend in Brodies Roach the same RB in the Proto Luna?. . the plastic that they "could not find anymore" ?

I use the Proto Luna as my putter but i only have one and can´t get any more. . hoping the Brodie Roach feels the same as the Proto Luna

I have a RB Buzzz that feels nice