• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Definitive guide to identifying Champion Edition disc runs...

I have a white Eagle with weight and the E written like a first run but its in pen, whats the deal? Boggled

Thanks for all the great information apdrvya! As a new collector this is exactly what I needed!

Here are a couple other things to look for when it comes to CE discs. The 2nd run CE Valks are super flat and fly nothing like a Valk. Their flight is very overstable and they have a pronounced nipple in the middle. Some early 2nd run discs can also have the letter designating the mold outside the circle and written larger like the first runs. 1st runs and even some 2nd runs also have tiny concentric rings along the top of the flight plate like a record. I've never tried it on mine but I'm not sure if they make the "zipper" sound like some of the zipper top discs do that I'm aware of. These are from the Innova mold still being new and they eventually wear off the molds over time.

The first runs were all L molds but Dave added the bead to the Eagle & Teebird to give each disc a little more overstability. Basicly get two discs with one mold.

Great thread! Any info on Milllenium CE plastic? I have a QMS and 2 QJLS' that Im pretty sure are CE, but how would I know?

Did you find one of those QJLS on hole 4 at dela? I dont ink my discs, but if you did i have a reward for you :hfive:

Millennium discs that are CE-type plastic (from around 2000-2002) : QJLS 1.1 and CE-JLS Test Run of 2000; QMS 1.1; Q-Mega 1.1 Proto w/bar-stamp; Polaris LS 1.12; EXP 1.7.
Found ^ in a google search not sure how accurate it is, but hope it helps.

Fourth Run—Same as third run but added T-molded Teebirds (THIS IS THE ONLY RUN OF THESE).
Fifth Run—Same as third and fourth, except the T-molds went away in favor of the swoosh stamped "ce teebird".

Side note:
4th run TBs are marked "T". I am not really sure if they made 4th or 5th run TLs besides the swoosh stamps...

So were there no stock stamped 5th run Teebirds, other than the swoosh stamp?

And thus, as a subset of that statement: all stock (non-swoosh) stamped Teebird T-molds are 4th run?

Are both statements correct or am I misinterpreting what was written?

Millennium discs that are CE-type plastic (from around 2000-2002) : QJLS 1.1 and CE-JLS Test Run of 2000; QMS 1.1; Q-Mega 1.1 Proto w/bar-stamp; Polaris LS 1.12; EXP 1.7.
Found ^ in a google search not sure how accurate it is, but hope it helps.

I wish it was as easy as this^^^

According to Zamson, all QJLS's with the Appoved stamp are CE, so that much is easy.
Qmega's and QMS's are all over the map. The only real guarantee is the two-color bubble stamp, but others may be CE as well. I know next to nothing about CE Q-mega's, a lot more about QMS's.
All EXP1.7's are CE, rumor is some of the 1.6's were as well (but don't quote me on that).
Some Polaris's were CE and there were two runs.
The early run, 1.13 and maybe the 1.12 were a few pure CE and a lot of CE-mixed. Not all 1.12's or 1.13's are CE (I've actually seen very few pure CE Polaris's), so beware.
The late run is bar-stamped, and clear, but flies nothing like a Polaris. More like an Eagle or Teebird.

This info is certainly not beyond dispute or debate and is not intended to be encyclopedic. Zamson is a much better resource. It's just what I have learned from him and others over the last few years.
Don't want to threadjack apdrvya's excellent thread. Any more questions about Mill CE deserves it's own thread by Zamson or others.

And thus, as a subset of that statement: all stock (non-swoosh) stamped Teebird T-molds are 4th run?

I think that the CE TBs went away in favor of the champ-like 11x KC Pro TBs. Most of the 5th run CE seems to be molds that Climo does not throw like Valkyries, Leopards and TLs.

Last edited:
Nobody throws Teebirds anymore. Outdated technology. You need to get you a Blizzard Zephyr and throw sky rollers.

you are interpreting it correctly.

i wish there was more of this. Great job

someone PM the guide for millenium plastic that is CE. i seem to have lost the link to it.

Latest posts