• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

You're doing yourself a favor by not remembering the name of the course in Plano.

Since you are a beginner, I would recommend you check out B. B. Owen park course in Dallas (1/4 mile south of LBJ on Plano Road). It is beginner friendly.

And, welcome to your healthy addiction.

Another beginner friendly course is Paschall at 1001 New Market Rd. in Mesquite, especially from the short tees. It is the only 18 hole course I have managed to go under par on so far. There is some deep water on holes 7, 17, and 18 though, so lost discs do happen there. BB Owen only has shallow water on a few holes. I only lost two discs ever at BB Owen. One just disappeared in the treetops behind 13s basket. The other went into the street on 16 and fell into the drain in the median.

Hey guys, I just felt like I should introduce myself here since I've been trolling for about a few weeks now. I'm a fairly new player (about 3-4 months playing so far) out of McKinney; played a few courses in the area (bethany lakes, grrenbelt park, UTD course, course in plano that I can't remember it's name, and of course towne lake and alex clark).

I usually frequent the alex clark course (every Saturday morning!) though since it's like 5 minutes from where I live currently and it's a fairly easy course for a beginner like me.

TL;DR version:
Hi

Play Towne Lake, it will make you better!

Also there is a tournament there Oct 22nd.

Ya I'm a fan of towne lake as well; usually play from the short tees as I can't do the 700+ feet long tees on the later holes and still feel like playing.

Shawnee Park is Plano one, it's only marginally better than the UTD course. I'll have to check out some of the further courses from me once this semester is over with or I get a new job in that direction. For now I'm working on my driving distance on soccer fields near alex clark so I can BH as well as FH.

If I show up for the tourney it won't be to play most likely. What time is it? Might stop by if I get bored since it's within walking distance of my apt (I'm on eldorado which Towne Lake plays against on holes 14, 15, 16 or so)

Me and my compadres are always out there, and you cant miss me, just ask

I usually talk to random DGers that are out playing anyways so if I'll add "Hey are you from DGCR" to my normal introduction haha

You can always come caddie for me, Im always taking offers

No beer either? I am disappointed

On a side note I saw someones daughter driving a hot pink hummer around the Alex Clark course carrying her dads (assuming here) disc golf bag.

It's a shame I don't fit in those electric cars anymore :(

You can be my caddy but I only offer free beer if you jump in the creek and get my disc out of the water.

FYI there is always a group that plays night golf out at AC around 8:30pm every Friday. It is a blast. Buy some lights and get some clear tape and join us. A bunch of us will not be out there this Friday due to the tourney at Selah Ranch. I am ready for a lil road trip!!

I didnt say there wasnt any beer, you obviously dont know me.

I might have to drop by some Friday and play if I can talk my GF or brother into it

We usually have two chicks playing night DG (me) and one of my friends. So tell your GF to come and bring your brother too. We are chill. If we have a lot of ppl we break off in groups.

Night golf is relaxing and kinda makes all the distractions go away.

No beer either? I am disappointed

On a side note I saw someones daughter driving a hot pink hummer around the Alex Clark course carrying her dads (assuming here) disc golf bag.

It's a shame I don't fit in those electric cars anymore :(

I wanna get one of those electric coolers to take around the DG course.
149.jpg

I think my GF would really enjoy it; she's one of those "Ahhh pretty lights!!!!" type of people, plus she's pretty decent at throwing and enjoys it so it should be an easy sell.

that is a pretty epic cooler, and now that it's not super get sick from drinking hot outside... *replaces disc golf bag with wheeled cooler*

Y'all use LED lights or glowsticks to attach to your discs?

I'm post whoring cause bored at work.

Sounds like a cool chick. We use led lights with the batteries...click on and off.

I'm am bored at work as well. I am ready to go on my road trip to Selah I am off tomorrow!!!!!!!!

SWEET!

where did you get them?

and yeah she's a very cool chick; puts up with me after all lol

Today is my first day back after a week off where all I did was DG every day at 9 am when no one else was around, it was pretty sweet.

Smokin Glass in McKinney.

DG is addicting. Maybe I'll see you and your GF next friday the 7th. Hoping to bring out my lil bro he just got in from the Air Force for a lil leave before he is deployed.