• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 13-16

I much prefer Northwoods to Sunset Hills.

Barsby's not giving KJ any margin for error... really looking fwd to watch Rd2

I think you guys jinxed Nova...:|

Still two more rounds left nova, you can fight your way back up the board some.
Hole one was a b&^$% to me today. Sitting at the cart path for an easy layup down the hill to the basket and drop in a par. I flop a putter down there, right under the basket, and it jumps up and dead duck rolls down the hill, turns left to miss some trees, turns right to head for the lake, and drops into the lake. The spot is blocked by the wall of trees from the basket, so I abandon the lie and return to the cart path. Same layup play, hit right under the basket, and it too jumps up and drunk wobbles down to outside C1. I'm putting 40' uphill with weeds tickling my butt. Miss. Tap in. Triple bogey.

FML.

It didn't get better from there.

TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY. A MOVING DAY. LET'S DO THIS! =D

Ouch. That sounds like something that would happen to me. Sometimes it felt like I could throw a cinderblock at the basket and it would roll away.

Watching Ledgestone in previous years and Worlds last year, I always thought Lake Eureka was boring, and Northwoods was the far superior course.

Maybe it's these endless backups, ice-cold players throwing straight into trees, and odd rollers all over the place, but I'm starting to sour a lot on Northwoods. Some of these holes seem really weird. Brodie's practice round at Lake Eureka was really fun to watch by comparison.

I dunno if it's hotter, muggier, or what... but the MPO scores aren't as good as yesterday. After watching R1... that course has trouble at every turn... plenty of trees to hit, nasty rough, and OB to boot.

I'm surprised some of the scores were as low as they were. Seems the top cards players are coming back down to earth a bit.

JC seems like he's really struggling.

C'mon KJ, finish strong!

Last edited:
Eagle has always hated Peoria/Ledgestone.

Every interview where he talks about it, he starts by saying "I don't have a problem with Peoria and/or the tournament. It's just that..." then proceeds to criticize Peoria and/or the tournament.

I seem to recall a victory speech at a B-tier where he actually said, flat out, "All the pros are at Ledgestone but I hate that tournament and I'd rather be here".

So no, it's probably not that he's scared.

no of course not hes seeing his girl like the gullible folks believe

Arlinghaus leapfrogging 24 spots, and Alex Russell jumping 26!!!!

Ricky climbing 5 spots to claim the lead.

And poor Conrad...hard to fathom how you can play your way into a tie with McBeth after two rounds.... by sliding down the leaderboard 13 spots.

Moving day, indeed.

12 is such a solid hole

there is a half pint version of that around here but r to l

first drive is up hill and wooded and you need to hit this flat landing area then second drive is again up hill and guardians trees to the pin

3 is rare and 4 is respectable and 5 is about right and 6-8 happens

I've played Idlewild but not Northwood--what is it about it that makes it play 2.5 hours longer than Idlewild? That's even with 2 cards at once on the par 5's. Both are tough courses, lots of red on the scorecard, etc. Is it just the thicker and more frequently landed-in rough? Tons of time looking for discs?

What?

3 is never, ever....

4 is one of 182 players yesterday....

Scoring average first round of 6.71....it is the most beastly hole on tour (especially being a part 5, which are generally soft)...

But after spectating World's last year, spent 3 rounds udisc scoring groups on Northwood, 2 MPO, 1 FPO....it is an incredible design and probably the best disc golf hole I've ever seen (beats #5 at USDGC which I spectated in 2018)...a true challenge, a score separator, and a hole that requires precise shots and decision-making...an epic hole...a masterpiece...

I believe Paul McBeth said it is his favorite hole in disc golf...and even he has never birdied it...and struggles like a journeyman pro on it...

Latest posts