• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 13-16

I was watching the 2nd round coverage this morning, and Ulibarri stated there were 4 groups backed up on No. 12, waiting an hour at the tee box. I finish the majority of my rounds under an hour. The officials need to identify the slow pokes giving a warning, and after a third warning a penalty.

I was watching the 2nd round coverage this morning, and Ulibarri stated there were 4 groups backed up on No. 12, waiting an hour at the tee box. I finish the majority of my rounds under an hour. The officials need to identify the slow pokes giving a warning, and after a third warning a penalty.
Makes social distancing a bit challenging.

Final round set for FPO. What are the odds Paige can shoot -11 and Cat shoot Even to result in a playoff? Van Dyken, Finley and Widboom all shot Even today so that score is not uncommon. However, Paige would have to "OB careful" to pull off the -11.

Idlewild had 12 minute intervals. 32 groups between 7:22 and 1:40 (1 gap).

Ledgestone has 10 minute intervals. 50 groups between 7:20 and 3:30 (4 gaps)

The mathematical maximums for a packed course running tee times from 7:20am through 3:30pm are 50 groups (200 players) for 10 minute intervals and 42 groups (168 players) for 12 minute intervals. It just depends on your priorities and preferences.

Additionally, I'd bet their logic for not splitting MPO into pools is that they're using Northwood for other divisions on Saturday and Sunday. That would require reworking the schedule for the entire tournament.

I calculated that if it takes 13 minutes and 20 seconds for the group ahead to clear the first 700 feet of a hole, a 10 minute tee-time interval would result in 5 hour rounds and the last group would finish at 8:32 pm. While 12 minute tee-time intervals would result in 3 hour and 24 minute rounds and the last group would finish at 8:32 pm.

Final round set for FPO. What are the odds Paige can shoot -11 and Cat shoot Even to result in a playoff? Van Dyken, Finley and Widboom all shot Even today so that score is not uncommon. However, Paige would have to "OB careful" to pull off the -11.

"Is that a rhetorical point or would you like to do the math?"

I calculated that if it takes 13 minutes and 20 seconds for the group ahead to clear the first 700 feet of a hole, a 10 minute tee-time interval would result in 5 hour rounds and the last group would finish at 8:32 pm. While 12 minute tee-time intervals would result in 3 hour and 24 minute rounds and the last group would finish at 8:32 pm.

Basically the amount of time it takes to actually play the course (throwing, walking to throws, and setting up for throws) remains the same. You're just cutting the time waiting for the group in front of you to clear and replacing it with extra time before you start your round.

I like how you could push your last tee time later in the day (5:00 last tee versus 3:30 last tee), but if I were the TD, I'd just play it a little safe and cut a few players from the tournament. 12 minute intervals and 3:30 last tee gives you a little more breathing room for weather delays and other unexpected delays.

Cat plays smart and hit her lines...Paige don't

If cat can continue to putt as she have done...she will win by +10 throws

But two nice ace runs by Paige today...when she do hit her lines, no one can match her

The Top 5 shots are commentated by Jon Van Duerzen of Smashboxx, the guy who does all the camera switching for DGN

OH, I thought he was talking about the actual round commentary.:doh:

top 5 announcer sucks

i mute actual rounds so it makes no difference to me whose tryna be john madden

anyways ill self monitor and stop lamenting

looks like cat killed it today and has a good chance of winning it tomorrow

top 5 announcer sucks

i mute actual rounds so it makes no difference to me whose tryna be john madden

anyways ill self monitor and stop lamenting

looks like cat killed it today and has a good chance of winning it tomorrow

Top5 announcer is a member here... JVphobic lol.;)