• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR PDs - Ordering is done, post pictures of your discs!

Monocacy said:
Last time DGR PDs were available I was in the throes of discing down so I didn't order any. Since then I have rediscovered the joys of throwing faster plastic in 150-gram weights. Opinions, please: would a 150-gram P PD and/or S PD be worthwhile for someone who throws 165 DX Gazelles 300 feet (on a good throw), or 150 Star Valks a little further (sometimes)?

Thanks!

I would say so. I think the P-PD has a lot of glide like the Valk, and has as much distance potential, but needs less L/R room to work. You could at least try one :).

Monocacy said:
Opinions, please: would a 150-gram P PD and/or S PD be worthwhile for someone who throws 165 DX Gazelles 300 feet (on a good throw), or 150 Star Valks a little further (sometimes)?

Yes, definitely worthwhile.
The previous run of DGR 150 P PDs are a little understable. It takes very little power to get them out past 360'. I realize that throwing well isn't about power but I was surprised how easily I could get good distance out of them. They started out evenly stable @ 350'. Then they broke in to be understable pretty quickly.
The previous run of regular weight DGR PDs fly moderately overstable and are not what you are looking for.
I don't know if the new run of 150 P PDs will be over or understable.

Timko said:
Jeronimo said:
Timko said:
Sorry, no black blank ones :(.

Pre-Orders start Monday!

Blank? I want Black ones with the DGR stamp!

They have to be blank so Mark can stamp them, and he doesn't have any blank ones.

Well, if he ever comes across some Black P molds that are unstamped, i'll buy like 10-15 if he can DGR stamp them.

Jeronimo said:
dgdave said:
Dye it, yo.

I can, but I'd rather not. I know you're not stranger to dying Dave but if you haven't ever done a complete soak like this it's a headache in a lot of ways. You have to keep the disc off the bottom of the pan while making sure you don't have air bubbles either. Then once the dye sets in you have to keep the disc away from all your other discs for a while or you'll end up with black rings around your other plastic.

I haven't had any of those problems. Hmmmm.....

same here. I never had those problems with completely submerging a disc. I usually do it face plate down to avoid bubbles. No problems what so ever. As for it bleeding to other discs. I had this happen one time with a old champ roc.the top was dyed red a long time ago,moisture was in between the roc and a star gremlin.the humidity and heat were up. The next day I had a light red stain on the white gremlin. First time that's happened.

I sent frank one of the ones I had tried to do a full submerge with, it was a Daredevil Timberwolf, and an off center 5" circle came out of the pot undyed in the center. I figured it was because I had submerged the disc upside down so as to avoid the air bubble problem, and as such the surface touching the bottom of the pot didn't receive any dye. It was odd, but it actually looked kind of cool. It's in Frank's hands now though, if I recall correctly. Now I use a handful of marbles at the bottom of the pot to prevent that from happening and it seems to work.

I always have the bleeding problem from one disc to another from contact, it's never NOT been a problem.

How much will shipping be? I want to buy a couple, but we are somewhat strap for cash. Maybe I can convince the wife.

Shipping will be whatever Mark charges. I think it starts at $5.00 because he sends everything Priority.

I shot him off an email to ask him what 1-10 discs will cost to ship.

booter said:
same here. I never had those problems with completely submerging a disc. I usually do it face plate down to avoid bubbles. No problems what so ever. As for it bleeding to other discs. I had this happen one time with a old champ roc.the top was dyed red a long time ago,moisture was in between the roc and a star gremlin.the humidity and heat were up. The next day I had a light red stain on the white gremlin. First time that's happened.
yeah......what this guy and dave said, never had a disc i dyed all black bleed onto others......you are washing it off after you dye it right? :wink:

Jesse B 707 said:
booter said:
yeah......what this guy and dave said, never had a disc i dyed all black bleed onto others......you are washing it off after you dye it right? :wink:

Yup, everytime. I do let them sit for quite a while though, that could be the difference. I'm very apt to dye a disc then set it aside in a stack for a month.

upchuck1383 said:
I must be blind. Link works but I can't find the DGR molds. Any1 want to toss up a direct link?

I think the trouble is that your calender is wrong. Today's Friday and the pre-order starts Monday.

Timko said:
I think the P-PD has a lot of glide like the Valk, and has as much distance potential, but needs less L/R room to work. You could at least try one :).
Sounds good, thank you, Timko. You have no ulterior motive, right? :wink:

Marmoset said:
The previous run of DGR 150 P PDs are a little understable. It takes very little power to get them out past 360'. I realize that throwing well isn't about power but I was surprised how easily I could get good distance out of them. They started out evenly stable @ 350'. Then they broke in to be understable pretty quickly.
The previous run of regular weight DGR PDs fly moderately overstable and are not what you are looking for.
I don't know if the new run of 150 P PDs will be over or understable.
Excellent, thanks a bunch, Marmoset. I hope to develop 360' of "very little power" :lol: . Sounds like I need to start rummaging for change under the couch cushions . . .

Are these c-pd's from the same run as the Big D in the Desert run that DGV has been selling? If so is there going to be limited availability for each of the weight ranges?