• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR PDs - Ordering is done, post pictures of your discs!

Ah, good call booter. I was getting an untrusted security warning for the website that I thought was actually a website down notice. Reading comprehension fail.

Question: did anyone dye a P plastic one from the last run? I'm worried they won't hold the dye?

I'd like to see those pics but for now could you comment as to their dye-ability? Did they take it well or are they looking like they don't really enjoy being dyed? I'm asking cause I want to dye some of the White P's black.

Well for some reason, I now can't even access DGV at all. My browser is saying their security certificate is messed up. But I got on their website around 6AM and the DGR PD's were located under the Candy Fund Raisers section and were on the fourth page of those. At least I have my receipt for my DGR PD's sent to my email. :) They then sent me another email saying that the disc will ship in 2 weeks. I really couldn't afford to be buying discs, but I couldn't resist. Maybe I got on the website just in time before things went screwy.

I got the pink max weight ones. They took the dye great and held it pretty decently for pro. The black is now light purple and the red is pink. Here's one right after it was dipped

IMAG0234.jpg

This one wasn't dipped long enough from when I was still learning. It was a really dark purple, not black

IMG00464-20100514-1212.jpg

It does look like DGV has some issues. It took me 6-8 tries this morning to get on and order. I kept getting messages that the site did not exist or was down, both from IE and Chrome. Trying to access DGV now yields a security certificate warning stating that I'm actually being directed to "ipower.com" or some such, again with both browsers. Proceeding through the nasty red warning signs brings me to the site or at least a copy thereof. So far, the order I placed this morning with them is proceeding as normal so I'm guessing harmless but will be keeping a closer eye on credit card activity over the next coupla weeks.

I'm glad I got in when I did. Even using the direct links, I'm still getting the security warning when trying to access DGV. I hope that the blue C-PD ends up being the aqua blue like my first ever PD and not the regular blue like my lighter weight C-PD.

Anyone know what's with the connection to discgolfvalues being unsecure? I hesitate to place a preorder with a credit card number through a potentially unsecure site. I emailed last night to place an order for some Cs without putting my card number on the website.

I wonder which will arrive first. DGR PDs or Grip backpack. Either way it's gonna be christmas in October.

I pray these cpds hav a little dome to them but I'd still be hapy if they were flat.

as for dgv being unsecure,i dunno,ive gotten that error or whatever a few times in the past going through the main page but got to the sub pages and everything was fine.

booter said:
I pray these cpds hav a little dome to them but I'd still be hapy if they were flat.
That would be nice

booter said:
as for dgv being unsecure,i dunno,ive gotten that error or whatever a few times in the past going through the main page but got to the sub pages and everything was fine.
I've had DGV be unavailable several times over the past year or so I've done business with them but the security warnings are a new one on me. I have the impression the website is very much a DIY effort and as such may have a few glitches. The "ipower.com" that I was warned that I was being redirected to seems to be the name of DGV's web host so not so much of a concern there.

This has to be costing him sales. Has anyone queried Mark directly over the issue yet?

It's not "unsecured." The problem with the site is that the name on the certificate (*.ipower.com) does not match his domain name (http://www.discgolfvalues.com). Not sure why he's using this certificate, but technically speaking your session is still encrypted with a certificate, just one that isn't properly used. He should have a certificate assigned to http://www.discgolfvalues.com. That said, there is still a potential (as unlikely as I think it is in this situation) for a man-in-the-middle attack because of this site.

Basically, iPower is a company that does a bunch of stuff, website hosting, domain registration, etc. Just like GoDaddy. In this case, they also issue SSL Certificates (like the one that's invalid). My guess is that one of two things happened. The most likely is that DGC imported the issuing Certificate Authority as the actual certificate (instead of the certificate they need), and that they actually have a http://www.dgv.com certificate, just not installed properly. The other is that somehow iPower hosting overwrote the certificate that was assigned to the site, as *.ipower.com isn't a certificate that is typically readily available (and not typically used as an Intermediate CA's name...).

All this junk to say, the connection is still secured (with a 2048-bit cert, that's good), the certificate is just untrusted. DGV should really look into this problem though, as, like we're seeing, it creates a lot of mistrust over a site, especially one you're putting CC info into possibly.

Excellent analysis of the security cert issue, but being rather cautious by nature, and having been to pwn2own, I will not be submitting my order until dgv gets their site security together.

booter: whore

I might actually get some of these. i passed on the first run, but now that I got off my SOLF high horse and back on the PD, i could see myself buying some S-PD

If I wasn't so broke right now, I probably would be the whore that would have ordered at least about 15-20 PD's. hehehe Hopefully 5 will get me by until we talk them into making the 3rd batch of DGR PD's.

lol0 zj. Dnt hate! I told you that you would b back to the pd eventually!

also. If I didn't already hav 20 pds or so I'd order more :/

surprisingly I've found that the last 3 new gummy light weight ppds have all be really overstable like a new domey spd. It could b a good thing because they should break into a nice sweet spot but I was used to the out of the box straightness with the first batch back in dec/jan.

So Mark told me he's got 6 black S PDs. Should I

1. Sell them to Jeronimo?
2. Auction them off?