• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
this is kind of a general idea..but give understable-stableish disks cooler names so you dont see people throwing say..a z-force or star x-cal 75 feet to tombstone

I'd like to see Drones in ESP production, not LE. I'd like to see lighter weights on production discs - I voted for 150g, but I'd really just like more assortment in the 16xg range. All i see is 168+ and the 16xg discs are really hard to find unless you luck out online. Discraft has some drivers that can compete with Innova (in the longest range drivers), but they're all so heavy. A Force in the low 160's would be pretty cool.

I'd like to see the ESP Comet in production. While I love the Z, the ESP is an amazing disc.

BTW, I like the stamp on the new Z discs. Nice and simple.

I'll second the motion for more durable base plastic. I refuse to carry Pro-D, it does NOT compare favorably with other base plastics. First throw on a new Cyclone produced a huge chunk hanging by a flap. Last time I threw Pro-D.

Some like a Teebird/Eagle-X that isn't the Tracker

A 150 Z Pred would be pretty schweet as well.

I throw mainly Discraft, but there are some remnants of Innova in my bag. I threw Innova for years, and for no logical reason whatsoever decided to switch. Now that I have, here are the Discraft Products that would complete my bag.
1. Circle D needs something to contend with the Boss. Yes, I can throw a Force that far, no, not every time. Need a big wing driver.
2. Zone in FLX, means the Pro Rhyno can go.
3. A dependable understable dirver. Think Monarch, or SL. My Avenger SS is not as long, and behaves violently.
4. Just copy the Wraith. I am fine with it. I will defend your actions. I don't care what anybody says, just give me a disc like the pre-12x Star Wraith, and I will be happy.
Thats asking for a lot, but they listened when I asked for the ESP Zone, so maybe some of this will get heard.
KP

imo the fairway driver are what you miss the most, something like TL/TeeBird/striker :wink:

also, making the ESP Zone has made me the happiest person alive :D

I'll also request a better base plastic. I have little experience with Discraft stuff but I bought a Drone recently and have been loving it but I drilled it into a tree from 20 feet away on a bad release today and the rim is bent down at the impact point with no hope of getting it back to normal. That never happens to DX even on vicious tree impacts (you can always bend it back if it gets misshapen), which I guess is why someone on here said, and I quote, "Pro-D seasons like ass".

NoMoreTinCup said:
4. Just copy the Wraith. I am fine with it. I will defend your actions. I don't care what anybody says, just give me a disc like the pre-12x Star Wraith, and I will be happy.KP
they beat you to that idea by a couple years, have you ever heard of a surge?

latitude said:
imo the fairway driver are what you miss the most, something like TL/TeeBird/striker :wink:

XL is close to a TL, but yeah Discraft sorely needs a moderately overstable fairway driver. NOT THE TRACKER

I know people who still live by the MRV...

moderately overstable fairway...

Regular production Z Drone...

Regular production Z Drone...

Jesse B 707 said:
XL is close to a TL, but yeah Discraft sorely needs a moderately overstable fairway driver. NOT THE TRACKER

I couldn't agree more, I hate the Tracker. At one point I really wanted to like it and I tried it in many plastics. I had a first run that actually flew a bit like a TL, but then a Player's Cup one that was a bit like a Firebird L. I also got a production run one that was the most overstable Discraft disc I've thrown other than the Xtreme. I ordered ESP ones as soon as they came out and I was sorely disappointed. They were very overstable as well and wouldn't fly flat for anything. I could get them turned and then they would come back, kind of like an Eagle with less glide. Ironically the ones that flew the best were the X plastic ones that they discontinued. They were straight out of the box and flew kind of like a JLS. On top of all this, Discraft then compares the Tracker to my favorite disc of all time, the Buzz. Perhaps this was why I tried so many, because I thought I was going to find one that flew "like a longer Buzz". Death to the Tracker!

Jesse B 707 said:
latitude said:

It still blows my mind that the X-Clone AND the X2 AND the Xtra AND the Xtreme are all OOP. There is your overstable fairway driver line-up.

I'd love to see the X2 and Xtra come back into production. As a bonus, you could cancel the Tracker to make room for them! :p

bogies is dave said:
I know people who still live by the MRV...
Bringing back the MRX and MRV would make all those small-diameter folks happy. Personally I don't see the need for an MRX or MRV with the Wasp and Buzzz in the line-up, but Innova seems to be selling Cros and Skeeters and all those discs amount to are smaller-diameter versions of other discs. I'm just not sure there are enough small-diameter guys out there to justify so much overlap.

1. Bring Back Elite Pro plastic

2. ESP Cyclone

3. a Z-Cyclone that flys like an X cyclone

4. X Force

5. re-release the X2

6. Regular production of ESP Comet

I'd also be curious to find out if the Cyclone has ever been tested in ESP. The only Cyclone that seems to fly anywhere close to the Cyclone plastic discs for me is the D. The X and Z just don't glide like the D. It would be nice for that mold to be available in premium plastic, but if an ESP Cyclone going to end up flying like the Z Cyclone did it would not be worth the bother.

Jesse B 707 said:
latitude said:

XL isn't close enough to the TL to allow you to throw it instead of. It's more understable than the TL (and in heavier weights - at least the ESP). I'd love to see a Teebird in Discraft. As with the Wraith, couldn't care less if you copy it :)

And in no way is the surge the same thing as the wraith. Maybe it was meant to be, but it flies nothing like it in Champ or Star - maybe the dx wraith is like a surge, but nothing else.

Now - if you're throwing like 450'+, maybe they're both worthless for your needs, but at 330'-400', the wraith is a much better disc.

Can Discraft mold the Xclone in modern plastics? I'd be down with those 8) .