• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
DiscraftMike said:
New Release Alert !!

New and improved Pro D discs. Harder Durometer and better Tensile Impact Strength material. What does this mean, longer lasting Pro D discs.
1st to be offered:
Pro D Avenger
Pro D Avenger SS
Available April 13th

Next in line:
Pro D Surge
Pro D Force
Pro D Zone
Arrival:end of April

Love the talk of OOP discs. Working Stiff made a good points about X2 and Xtra. We are looking into releasing some OOP discs in ESP. We think X-clone, cyclone, and X2 are good suggestions. We are always trying to fill in the gaps in our lines. As for the ZMRV, check out DGA's Aftershock. It's made by Discraft and it's flight characteristics are similar to the ZMRV.
X-force has been tested and is in consideration.

Thanks for all your feedback.
Discraft
AWESOME!!!! this one post has single handedly fixed my faith in Discraft

What? No Xtreme? Why not compete with the whippet and blaze? They just got put out in new plastic (star and clear E respectively.)

Come on Big D. ESP Xtremes for the masses

DiscraftMike said:
New and improved Pro D discs. Harder Durometer and better Tensile Impact Strength material. What does this mean, longer lasting Pro D discs.

Awesome!!!!
Will this open up new weight ranges?
When will existing Pro-D discs be rerun in the new stuff?
Will there be a way to clearly distinguish old Pro D from new Pro D? When we order online can we ask for the newer stamp or something like that? I would be bummed to order something like a Buzzz and get the old plastic.

Any chance of the return of the D Comet?

DiscraftMike said:
We are looking into releasing some OOP discs in ESP. We think X-clone, cyclone, and X2 are good suggestions.
I'm going to assume the Cyclone was just listed there since it is not currently in ESP. "Cyclone" and "OOP" in the same phrase made my heart skip a beat!

dgdave said:
What? No Xtreme? Why not compete with the whippet and blaze? They just got put out in new plastic (star and clear E respectively.)

Come on Big D. ESP Xtremes for the 2% of disc golfers who can actually throw them
Fixed

regular production of an ESP storm could be nice too. the pdga ones felt great in the hand, but it was kind of annoying that those were the only ones available, and they were all black.

Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:

Come on Big D. ESP Xtremes for the 2% of disc golfers who can actually throw them
Fixed

Has anyone ever told you how sexy you are when you're jealous?

dgdave said:
Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:

Fixed

I AM jealous. If I could throw one of those meathooks, I'd figure out a way to mention it in every post I made.

Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:
Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:

Fixed

I AM jealous. If I could throw one of those meathooks, I'd figure out a way to mention it in every post I made.
blah! they suck anyway, i can throw pretty hard and saw no advantages to throwing an Xtreme over any other overstable driver, i just dont see having to throw harder to get the same d as a great advantage

After thinking about it for a day, and reading some of the other posts, I amend my earlier post.
I would like to see what an X Soft Zone would do, they bill it as an approach/putter, so how about trying that plastic. That would really put a knife in the Pro Rhyno.
And, Jesse, yes I have heard of and thrown Surges in ESP, ESP FLX, and Z plastics. For me, the Wraith is better. It was a wish list anyways, and I could probably learn to love a Flash too.
So, forget I mentioned the Wraith, but a Soft Zone would be amazing.
KP

Jesse B 707 said:
Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:
Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:

Fixed

blah! they suck anyway, i can throw pretty hard and saw no advantages to throwing an Xtreme over any other overstable driver, i just dont see having to throw harder to get the same d as a great advantage

Hogwash. Why not have a competing disc for that slot. People are still asking for Champ Whippets, and at least they came out in star. So, why not atleast have an ESP Xtreme?

dgdave said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:
Working Stiff said:
dgdave said:

Fixed

Hogwash. Why not have a competing disc for that slot. People are still asking for Champ Whippets, and at least they came out in star. So, why not atleast have an ESP Xtreme?
i do agree that an ESP might be a happy medium but Z Xtremes are just retarded stable

Bring the lineup to well rounded greatness-

Photon Glo- Kind of selfish, But I need my Glo Challengers! Glo Buzzzes, Magnets, and Wasps are money too. Might as well add Avenger and Avenger SS too. :wink:

ESP Cyclone- As somebody mentioned, needs to fly like an brand new Elite X, all the fairway driver I'll ever need.

Elite X Force, D Predator- Nice.

Z/ESP Storm- Great disc. The Impact...not so much.

More Supercolors

Cryztal Forces!!!- I can smell the beef cookin'!

Cryztal Avengers- $$$

Z Xtremes- Will always be in the bag

Flat top Flash with a bigger wing- Better Boss.

Make the Elite X plastic more like Elite Pro.

Keep making the best discs out there.

Thank you Mike for taking the time to read our sugesstions...

exciting to hear and be a small part of the new news!

Hey Mike...I know you guys don't really consider the discs you mold for DGA to be all that important, but seriously...if you're going to play around with Pro-D blends, how about killing that AWFUL stuff you use for the DGA discs? I've got plenty of reefs and squalls and flatheads in REAL Pro-D...Not being sure if I'm going to get something GOOD, or something that makes playdough seem durable is keeping me from ordering more plastic that you guys don't necessarily produce a comparable mold/plastic combo replacement in a more durable plastic. It's one thing to have Pro-D that's a little more fragile than DX, but aren't you guys genuinely embarassed to have plastic that quite literally is useless after one firm tree hit?

While I'm at it, I suppose I should toss in my suggestions/wish list...

nix the Avenger SS. It's too flippy for anyone but beginners, and beginners shouldn't be throwing high speed discs. It's useful for someone developing their game for about 6 weeks, tops...then they start flipping it too hard.

ESP Comet in regular production. Seriously. I know everyone's all "ZOMG D Comet!" and "X has more glide", but the ESP one beats into just as nice a disc, and aren't super flippy...That said, I throw my Comets in super light weights (<170g), and it's the light X ones I mostly have a complaint about. Heavier ones aren't as flippy, but I get the same flight out of a heavier weight X Comet that I do out of a light ESP Comet, and don't have to worry about pissing off my wrist by throwing something heavy.

GLOW! What am I gonna throw at mystic mills this year?! :lol: I think Photon-Glo is WAY better than that Glow Z the Buzzz was run in...If you can manage to find a way to mold a more pro-d like glow plastic, that would be totally sweet. I've got a couple Elite-X'ish glow Comets I got off Darren...THAT would be a nice plastic to see again. Whatever you come up with, it'd be TOTALLY sweet if it glows as well as Photon-Glo...The Glow Z didn't glow very well at all compared to Photon-Glo...Glow plastic is of no use if if's dark again by the time I start walking up the fairway...Oh, also...what gives with running like, 90 million Glow Challengers, which are crazy overstable, and like 4 Glow Magnets? Where's the love?! Or did Darren take all of those home with him? :lol:

150 Class! Ok, so not many of Discraft's molds would really come across all that well in 150 class, I admit. The Comet would be too flippy, the Buzzz would just be like the 150 Squall, putters in 150 are more like kites than golf discs, but what about more 150 class discs in premium plastic? Discraft killed the Talon, which eliminated one of TWO premium plastic discs they make in 150 class... The 150 ESP Flick is a very, VERY nice disc and I thank you immensely for it, but it needs friends! The Avenger is a nice disc in 150 class, but the ESP blends you use for it are...well...frankly....crap. They're not as stable as they could be, and they're quite fragile. I hate having to pick a specific color of disc just to make sure I get plastic that isn't going to die the first season I throw it (for the curious reader, you want a dark blue 150 Avenger if you want a durable one). One of the nicest discs I've picked up lately is this SWEEEET magenta 150 ESP Flick that's SUPER gummy and kinda FLX like...THAT would make a far better choice for a softer 150 class plastic than the stuff that gets used in say, the Pink or Orange 150 Avengers.

I think lighter (and thus easier to throw) versions of the hyper fast drivers would be better than running them in Pro-D...Running them in Pro-D, you're still going to run into new people buying say, the Force in max weight, HATING it, and having less faith in your brand as a result. If they could buy a 150 Surge that wasn't as fragile as a paper plate, or a 150 Force, they would have FAR better results, and when you make them happy, they make you happy by buying more of your discs! Incidentally, what's with using the DGA Pro-D blend on the 150 Surge and calling it Elite-X? I've got a REAL Elite-X 150 Surge, and NONE of the production ones are run in that plastic, or are even remotely as nice.

On a side note, anyone that's wishing they had more MRVs...man I've got a stack of 50 of them in X and Z that I won't throw because it pisses me off every time I lose one. Hit me up, I GOT WHAT YOU NEEDS!

As much as I was TOTALLY in love with them, I have to say that if they were re-released I probably wouldn't buy them. The Comet has completely replaced them in my bag, and the only thing I'd use them for would be headwind duty, which the Wasp does - with better glide.

yeah hmm...I think that's it for now.

def dont get rid of the avenger ss. that thing is a hyzer flipping roller machine.
-x2 in esp
-magnet in flx
-bring back the x-clone