• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
Avenger SS is borderline useless for anything but a roller or specialty anhyzer if you have decent power. Bratten tries to use it mainly because all he can do is throw hard hyzers instead of just flipping an Xl over a bit.

Most of those Team guys only use them for rollers and the ones who don't mentioned throwing them at like 75% power like Jim D who throws flippier discs than most.

scoot_er said:
Avenger SS is borderline useless for anything but a roller or specialty anhyzer if you have decent power. Bratten tries to use it mainly because all he can do is throw hard hyzers instead of just flipping an Xl over a bit.

Most of those Team guys only use them for rollers and the ones who don't mentioned throwing them at like 75% power like Jim D who throws flippier discs than most.

Proving my point that the beloved SkaBob was wrong when he stated "The Avenger SS is too flippy for anyone with a good throw" All of the team members I listed have "a good throw." That's why they can control an SS at 75% power as you stated. Thank you.

I call shenanigans on this thread! which smartass DGR poster is Discraft Mike?? just come out and tell us that these disc announcements are BS. good joke though

Jesse B 707 said:
I call shenanigans on this thread! which smartass DGR poster is Discraft Mike?? just come out and tell us that these disc announcements are BS. good joke though

I sent an e-mail directly to Discraft asking them about this. Hopefully they will respond soon. I will post when they reply.

e-mail from Discraft said:
The statements are true. We are currently running a new D plastic in Surge, Force, and Zone to be released in the next week. Thank you for all your support on the discussion boards.

Thank You
MikeWagner
General Manager
Discraft Inc.

Do these discs get used anymore? I don't see anybody playing with them and there's not much mention of them from folks here:

Eclipse
Tracker
Talon
Spectre
slipstream
Reaper
Xpress

There is still much love for the Talon...

Much love...

http://discgolfclub.org/proshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=82

I know some guys around here who still use Z reapers as thumber discs.

The Spectre and Slipstream don't get uses at all around here. The spectre because it is ridiculously inconsistent.

Cheap disc that is beginner-friendly... on courses with disc-eating water hazards... for a newbie it is less painful to lose an $8 disc every few rounds than it is a $14 disc...

If you believe the "Top Seller" lists on online retailers, the Avenger SS is #10 on Marshall Street's list of Drivers for the last year. It is #15 on Disc Golf Center's list of all top sellers.

One key thing to remember is that people on these boards are a minuscule fraction of those that play disc golf. The recreational market is huge. Innova sells a ton of Wolves... not many "serious" golfers carry one, but its a midrange that new players can get to go right. Those that go to Dick's or Sports Authority to buy plastic. Not the new players that seek out good players to play with and learn... those players that play once or twice a month... those that don't want to be serious, but own 3 discs and play as a way to walk around on a nice day... in an eightsome...

Mixed Bag Madness said:
scoot_er said:

Proving my point that the beloved SkaBob was wrong when he stated "The Avenger SS is too flippy for anyone with a good throw" All of the team members I listed have "a good throw." That's why they can control an SS at 75% power as you stated. Thank you.

No actually I agree with him because NO team member can throw it 100% without it rolling. This disc has little use for someone with power. Why not just throw an XL as it is slower and more controllable instead of backing off and A-ss

black udder said:
Do these discs get used anymore? I don't see anybody playing with them and there's not much mention of them from folks here:

Eclipse
Tracker
Talon
Spectre
slipstream
Reaper
Xpress

I see plenty of Trackers but not too many of the rest and the Slipstream was useless. Tracker is Discrafts FL or Star Teebird.

scoot_er said:
black udder said:

Eclipse
Tracker
Talon
Spectre
slipstream
Reaper
Xpress

I see plenty of Trackers but not too many of the rest and the Slipstream was useless. Tracker is Discrafts FL or Star Teebird.

Thanks...that's good to know.

Edit: Thanks to all those that responded. It's interesting to see what's getting thrown outside your local area :)