• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
JKP said:
whens the d force coming??

DiscraftMike said:
New Release Alert !!

New and improved Pro D discs. Harder Durometer and better Tensile Impact Strength material. What does this mean, longer lasting Pro D discs.
1st to be offered:
Pro D Avenger
Pro D Avenger SS
Available April 13th

Next in line:
Pro D Surge
Pro D Force
Pro D Zone
Arrival:end of April...
Thanks for all your feedback.
Discraft

discspeed said:
BTW--It seems crazy that Discraft has not made a Challenger in regular ESP.
This is what I'm saying. I wondered that about all of their popular putter molds. I'm sure the Magnet and APX lovers would appreciate an ESP run also. I'm sure they'd be great off the tee. :D

Bangrrr Bob said:
Now, as far as discs I'd like to see......Since you answered my prayers and made Pro D Avengers and Forces....

FLX BANGER GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say GRIPPY?????????

Z Meteor!!!!!!

Z Trackers that fly like the '05 Players Cup run, not like the "mini Pred" production ones.

Bring back the XTREME!!!!!!!!!

Keep the mini Preds and take the GT off the Banger

Mixed Bag Madness said:
discspeed said:
This is what I'm saying. I wondered that about all of their popular putter molds. I'm sure the Magnet and APX lovers would appreciate an ESP run also. I'm sure they'd be great off the tee. :D

The APX is great in Elite-X for it's wind resistance, but really in that plastic it flies more like a challenger. An ESP one would only really go into my bag if it's near the Soft-X in stability. I even use those for driving duty unless I'm throwing into a really stiff wind, when I pull the X one out...It's not a touch disc in Elite-X like it is in Soft-X. I also don't particularly care for how tall the APX mold gets in stiffer plastics...

otherwise, I'd have TOTALLY said I wanted one :)

Some putter molds seem to get less stable in stiffer plastic (see X Challenger). I am not sure how the ESP would work, but I would almost certainly try one.
And, it has been like two days since I pleaded for an X Soft Zone.
Pretty please?
KP

I am really surprised how little Discraft has in 150 class. Noticeable holes are big sellers like the Challenger and Buzzz. I personally would love to see a 150 ZXL (yes, I know you already have the Pro D XL).
The Japan Open players must be throwing 98% Innova.

marmoset said:
I am really surprised how little Discraft has in 150 class. Noticeable holes are big sellers like the Challenger and Buzzz. I personally would love to see a 150 ZXL (yes, I know you already have the Pro D XL).
The Japan Open players must be throwing 98% Innova.

They made so z XS 150's years ago but they never hit the market. I think they have a select few molds that they've made and put out to players but never actually put into production. I'd like to see lighter weights all around. Doesn't have to be all 150's, just stuff in the 16x range more often. Right now, almost everything is 168+ and lots of stuff not even that low.

I agree with lighter weights. I would love to see more 150 -165 discs out there.

My friend who uses banger gt also really wants a flx banger gt, like really, really wants one! He wanted me to post that for him.

Thanks, love me some discraft! Keep up the good work!

wilt said:
I agree with lighter weights. I would love to see more 150 -165 discs out there.

My friend who uses banger gt also really wants a flx banger gt, like really, really wants one! He wanted me to post that for him.

Thanks, love me some discraft! Keep up the good work!

Every time someone says FLX Banger I just say F that I want a non GT banger for putting. It would be the closest thing compared the that other brand putter everyone seems to love!

IMO FLX sucks for most everything too so maybe that is why it pisses me off. The more FLX molds they make the more likely it will find its way into the Z again which would suck since the newer stuff is nice and stiff.

I tend to agree, more 150 class molds please, even in Pro-D, but Z would be better. As for the Banger without the GT, I have to agree, it would be a "One who practices magic; a sorcerer or magician." that tons of people love.

Definitely like to see different plastics. I enjoy playing with Innova discs because they have different grades. On some courses I use my less expensive discs because I can lose them to long grasses, private property, etc.

Mixed Bag Madness said:
discspeed said:

Speaking of ESP Magnets.....Ask and ye shall receive.....

http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2284

well i have been throwing my new Pro D Avenger. it seems to be more stable than my X and a little if not equaly as stable as my Z. as far as durability im gunna have to say its better but maybe not as good at dx. it fell a good 60-75 feet on to pavement and i was really worried before i saw it. there was a gouge but it wasnt as bad as it would of been in (old) pro D. i have to take it into the woods see how it handles

AbelRod said:
well i have been throwing my new Pro D Avenger. it seems to be more stable than my X and a little if not equaly as stable as my Z. as far as durability im gunna have to say its better but maybe not as good at dx. it fell a good 60-75 feet on to pavement and i was really worried before i saw it. there was a gouge but it wasnt as bad as it would of been in (old) pro D. i have to take it into the woods see how it handles
yeah i noticed the stability rating on the pro d is 1.8 while the X is 1.6

AbelRod said:
...as far as durability im gunna have to say its better but maybe not as good at dx. it fell a good 60-75 feet on to pavement...there was a gouge but it wasnt as bad as it would of been in (old) pro D.
I think DX would gouge if it fell onto pavement from 60-75' high.

How is the stiffness of this new Pro D?

AbelRod said:
well put it this way, if you didn't know it was a new pro d then you generally wouldn't be able to tell the difference
thats great actually, they should probly have a nice even break in period when compared to the X, i always loved X avengers but they would lose stability a bit too fast for my taste (although beat ones are great). i think these could be a great disc to cycle as a main driver

Does the Discraft Guru know if we will be seeing more "FLX Z" plastic, like the Wasp that arrived at my house today? I noticed that both the original (Worlds) Z Forces, and the Players Cup Sparkle Z Forces seemed to be very flexy too. Just wondering if there were plans afoot. KP