• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
NoMoreTinCup said:
Does the Discraft Guru know if we will be seeing more "FLX Z" plastic, like the Wasp that arrived at my house today? I noticed that both the original (Worlds) Z Forces, and the Players Cup Sparkle Z Forces seemed to be very flexy too. Just wondering if there were plans afoot. KP
i hope not

Yeah, I figured someone would say that. Flex of plastic seems to be a very personal choice. I like it in some molds but not in others, myself. (FLX Buzzz=Great, FLX Surge=Crap IMO)
The "FLX Z" seems pretty cool though, I like the feel, if it wasn't raining I would be out chucking the Wasp right now. KP

I love the gummy Z plastic, the old super stiff stuff like the XS I have wasn't as grippy... If Discraft could get the rigidity of the Z plastic being used in the Forces with the gummyness of the old Orange 150 Z Flicks...man, that'd be tasty.

FLX I'm not so fond of. The FLX Buzzz has been nice to me so far, but it's not my primary mid, so I haven't beat on it much. What I really didn't like about the FLX Surge was that one day it was great, I could flip it up from a moderate hyzer to aaalmost flat and have it sail on a huge throw...and the next it was roller city. (and if the Discraft folk are reading this, I was only playing Firefighter's park in that time period...so if I hit trees, it was only one... lol) There was no gradual wear from nice to flippy with it. It was just dead one day.

FLX surge... like it but don't carry it... like the grip of the printing inside the rim... like the fact that when it hits a tree it doesn't kick too hard... more likely to just drop down.

FLX buzz... overly stable, doesn't glide like the Z... but I only played a half dozen rounds before taking it out of my bag.

[/quote]
Every time someone says FLX Banger I just say F that I want a non GT banger for putting. It would be the closest thing compared the that other brand putter everyone seems to love!
[/quote]

Ummm Discraft already makes one. It's called a Challenger....put it side by side and look, banger gt is a challenger with a groove top....

Every time someone says FLX Banger I just say F that I want a non GT banger for putting. It would be the closest thing compared the that other brand putter everyone seems to love!
[/quote]

Ummm Discraft already makes one. It's called a Challenger....put it side by side and look, banger gt is a challenger with a groove top....[/quote]

i thought the banger was a big bead? challenger small?

JKP said:

Ummm Discraft already makes one. It's called a Challenger....put it side by side and look, banger gt is a challenger with a groove top....[/quote]

i thought the banger was a big bead? challenger small?[/quote]
yeah not even close, the Banger has a huge bead and the challengers is almost non existent

[/quote]

Take a close look and you will notice...
1. The Banger has a HUGE bead as mentioned before (bigger than the Wizard).
2. The Banger is a larger diameter disc than the Challenger by a considerable margin.
3. The Banger has a more pointed nose and sharper sloped top wing than the Challenger.

If you look at a DGA Titanic it appears to be the Banger top without the groove with a Magnet Bottom.

man, I love my plastic, but I just don't get beyond color & weight :) It's a pretty blue XXX that weighs YYYg.

[/quote]

All I know is Blake kept saying when the Banger came out that it was the closet thing to the shape of a wizard but to me it is a POS for putting due to the whacked out grip, Seems like more direct putters can use them compared to pitch putters.

Bob Marley says....."I don't want to wait in vane for an X Soft Zone"
Okay, that is not really what he says, but that is what he meant. :)
KP

Okay, okay. :roll: Please forgive me. I haven't picked up a challenger in so long it's not funny. I never paid that much attention to the difference in bead size between the Banger and the Challenger before. It might explain why I'd rather throw drives with a Banger or Wizard than a Challenger though...But since the Zone came out...That thing will BOMB!!! After picking up a Clear Evo VooDoo this weekend, I'm having a hard time putting a Banger back in my hand..

I did pick up a couple of Pro D Avengers this weekend. They feel AWESOME! They fly pretty good too. I'd have to say they are much more stable than a new X and almost as stable as an ESP. I'd have to say 1.75, so the 1.8 is pretty darned close. Held up very well to landing on asphalt after a 350 foot pull....didn't change the flight a bit.

Bring on the Pro D FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to have a few of those that are beat :D :D :D

i can only really echo a few sentiments: standard run ESP Storm and Comet oh and Challenger.....and bring back the X2 (if it can hang with the teebird)....and make everything in X (hell why not)

now for an original (kind of) suggestion.....maybe you could add something else to your ratings information on discs like maybe a glide component and/or a power rating......the single number stability is cool but just not quite enough.....i'm not super versed in the ways of discraft but i really like what i've experienced so far but seeing a single number doesn't tell me if i have the arm to toss it....

and since this is called "ASK Discraft" why don't you guys make bags anymore? just not worth it? what is your market forcus? where are my pants?

much love,

kel

You know, Kel, you bring up the ratings of discs. It sure would be nice if the major manufacturers would agree on a standard rating so that you could compare products reliably. I don't care which format is agreed upon, but it sure would be cool to not have to go to a 3rd party to get some idea of what Company X's disc is comparable in Company Y's stock.

We have a local pro that sells Discraft and he's always having new players come up with beat up Innova discs they picked up at some sports store and asking what Discraft disc is like it. It would be much simpler if they could just see a chart and look it up for themselves.

Dave i'm sure this has come up before.....and it almost sounds like a job for the PDGA.....and our beloved host Blake_T did a bang-up job with "joe's flight chart" and that should serve as a good primer/template

but that does raise a question to the folks at Discraft......Why only one number guys?.....and have you guys along with the other manufacturers ever tried to reach a consensus on this topic?....is it a point of pride that you don't use someone elses format?.....do you guys have much clout inside the PDGA?......has anyone found my pants?.....why aren't we getting any answers to our questions like we did on the Millennium or Lat64 threads?

discspeed said:
If you look at a DGA Titanic it appears to be the Banger top without the groove with a Magnet Bottom.

That's the Magnet top, too...

Oh, and Keltik...Check under the couch.

It would be nice to see a bit of response from Discraft in this thread. We had what, two responses since it's been created?

SkaBob said:
discspeed said:

That's the Magnet top, too...

Oh, and Keltik...Check under the couch.

It would be nice to see a bit of response from Discraft in this thread. We had what, two responses since it's been created?
i dont think Discraft Mike is listening any more :(

I don't think Discraft Mike has been listening for quite some time.

It takes a great deal of patience to be like Dave D. on the PDGA bored and answer all the same dumb questions over and over again.

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'd really like a Rattler in a harder plastic. Something like Z plastic or stiffer. Yeah, I'd really like that a lot. I also know its not gonna happen.

Thanks for listening (reading?)!