• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

"The demand for lighter discs keeps on growing in the discgolf sport. That´s why we have decided to release the popular Diamond in the Air line.
We are introducing the Diamond Air in August in the weight range of 130-139g. The other lines in the Diamond family are Opto, Gold Recycle and Moonshine Glow!"

E2ty56k.jpg

As if they weren't light enough already...
Maybe floaters?!

I've been enjoying the Opto Diamond I have, but I rarely throw it anymore since I tried an Underworld. It seems to flip to flat and resist turning over any more a little more consistently for me. I'm sure it's me more than the disc though. The times I've gotten the Diamond to flip just right, it hustled down the fairway beautifully.

lol Diamond AIR? I would have to check my calendar and make sure it is not April 1st after seeing that

lol Diamond AIR? I would have to check my calendar and make sure it is not April 1st after seeing that

LOL - Really, what's next the Super Stable Stiletto?

I've found a new throw with the Diamond - hyzer release + medium power = very low, very straight 200-230' shot with almost no effort. I have my new tunnel shot.

"The demand for lighter discs keeps on growing in the discgolf sport. That´s why we have decided to release the popular Diamond in the Air line.
We are introducing the Diamond Air in August in the weight range of 130-139g. The other lines in the Diamond family are Opto, Gold Recycle and Moonshine Glow!"

E2ty56k.jpg

As if they weren't light enough already...
Maybe floaters?!

must have disc for your 8 year old, i guess?

To remember about the Air Diamond: The Swedish style of throwing is much more dependent on finesse than power. I could imagine someone being able to control a lighter Diamond quite well with proper form, especially on that side of the pond.

To remember about the Air Diamond: The Swedish style of throwing is much more dependent on finesse than power. I could imagine someone being able to control a lighter Diamond quite well with proper form, especially on that side of the pond.

That would be a good lesson to learn by heart. I have to remind myself constantly that less is more with the Diamond. It really rewards smooth and easy control.

Picked up another diamond from huklab, as a back up for my wife.
I noticed it would fly a little different than her old one
It seemed like it was less stable and finished straighter.
So I compared it to mine and her old one
It (new one) has a lot lower PLH, which surprised me, I have not heard of much differences in these.
Anyone else seeing a difference in diamonds?

Picked up another diamond from huklab, as a back up for my wife.
I noticed it would fly a little different than her old one
It seemed like it was less stable and finished straighter.
So I compared it to mine and her old one
It (new one) has a lot lower PLH, which surprised me, I have not heard of much differences in these.
Anyone else seeing a difference in diamonds?

Is it Opto or RGL? There has been some differences in the mold between the two plastics.

I cant wait to throw a diamond again. only brought a Teebird with me to the UK.

the three we have are all OPTO

Yes! I've found there can be a significant difference in OPTO Diamonds depending on color...

My 2 year-old neon yellow-green Diamonds have a PLH much lower than 6 month-old red Diamonds. The red typically has a much greater dome, too. The red Diamonds fly more like a lightweight Fury; which is awesome.

Seeing some differences in RGL, too. My newer (yellow) Diamond has a marginally higher PLH and much less dome than my year-old version. The new RGL is also surprisingly pearly, making this Diamond look and fly like a mini TP Underworld; which is also awesome!

Latest posts