• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

I have been really into this disc lately. I had a TM i didn't like, but the opto flys nicely.

I just threw the Diamond for the first time yesterday. This thing is tons of fun. My form is still a work in progress, plus I don't have tons of snap. I was getting the best results with it just throwing it like it was an Ultrastar, and it would just glide forever! If I put more torque on it, it would flip up but it did fade back at the end as long as I didn't throw it too hard. I was throwing a Recycled line. Fantastic grip. I am seriously thinking about picking one up. If it's not windy, everyone should be throwing one of these.

If you can ever find them, I highly recommend the heavy Diamonds. I picked up two 168's at MST on a whim and that has been a very good decision. Got some of my longest drives with them at a mini yesterday. :thmbup::thmbup:

Diamond is still my go-to understable fairway driver, especially in the woods. I have an Opto that will turn and fade, and an RGL that holds a beautiful slow turn for its whole flight. Both mid-high 150s.

simply switch over to Opto Rivers for those weights. Yes, rivers are wider diameter, but basically the same flight characteristics.

This.

I just want to profess my love for the Diamond. I am currently using the Opto and Recycled for my understable one-two punch, and they are tremendous. The Opto can be thrown on a massive anny but still flex back, giving a ton of distance. The Recycled, on the other hand, will hold that huge anny bomb all the way to the ground, giving me the ability to mimic the RHBH hyzer bomb line at my local course.

I would highly recommend anyone who has thought about trying one, but maybe hesitated due to it being labeled as a beginner driver, to put those thoughts aside and pick one up. It gives easy distance, has a nice wiggle, and holds a low, straight line really well. I was surprised at how versatile it truly is, and it has been a blast to throw.

What a tailwind disc this is - hit your anny just right, and enjoy.

Love my Opto Diamond.

My heavy sparkle Opto does very well in the wind. I am grabbing it more and more.

This would be my choice of disc if I were stuck in quicksand. The amount of glide vs. the amount of effort is almost criminal.

First post and my Diamond nailed my first birdie at about 135 feet. Yea I like the Diamond it is very easy to throw without too much thought or effort.

Anyone have a comparison on the Opto Vs Moonshine/Glow?
Maybe I was having a bad day, but I found the Moonshine Diamonds to be flippier than I liked. I should probably throw them again before writing them off, though.

I just want to profess my love for the Diamond. I am currently using the Opto and Recycled for my understable one-two punch, and they are tremendous. The Opto can be thrown on a massive anny but still flex back, giving a ton of distance. The Recycled, on the other hand, will hold that huge anny bomb all the way to the ground, giving me the ability to mimic the RHBH hyzer bomb line at my local course.

I would highly recommend anyone who has thought about trying one, but maybe hesitated due to it being labeled as a beginner driver, to put those thoughts aside and pick one up. It gives easy distance, has a nice wiggle, and holds a low, straight line really well. I was surprised at how versatile it truly is, and it has been a blast to throw.

^^^ This man speaks the truth!

My local PIAS was selling the RGL discs for $10.99, so I had to try a few out.

The diamond is a ton of fun, and it seems to glide forever. Don't get caught up in the "beginner" label, this is a great disc!

On a related note, I got the RGL Pearl as well, and it's also a great disc!

^^^ This man speaks the truth!

My local PIAS was selling the RGL discs for $10.99, so I had to try a few out.

The diamond is a ton of fun, and it seems to glide forever. Don't get caught up in the "beginner" label, this is a great disc!

On a related note, I got the RGL Pearl as well, and it's also a great disc!

Right on with the Pearl...easily one of the more underrated and overlooked mids. Easy to throw and shape all kinds of lines. It's only Achilles heel is probably major wind.

There's a trick to throwing a diamond; don't throw it hard.

I've had my best shots with my moonshine diamond from awkward standstill shots where I couldn't get the power on anything else.

There's a trick to throwing a diamond; don't throw it hard.

I've had my best shots with my moonshine diamond from awkward standstill shots where I couldn't get the power on anything else.

Agreed. I overpowered it a bunch today and kept turning it over. It's something I've been struggling with on going back and forth between the Diamond and Teebird. I may have to sideline the Teebird and throw in my Air Saint for a bit to get the mojo back on throwing things smoothly.

I agree as well: if ever less was more with a disc, it's the Diamond.

That's why I kind of, sacrilege, prefer the Underworld - better control, and you can kind of rip it. That probably has everything to do with weight though, 172 vs. 150.

Still love my Diamonds though - it's the only disc I can throw far and get to turn left (LHBH), and I never need to exert myself.

I prefer my 168 Diamond over my Underworlds. I find myself grabbing it and the GL Fury for most of my drives.

bought a recycled diamond today and threw it about 10 times. It's a trickshot type disc for me so far, but not in a bad way. Don't think I could get it to hyzer if I tried on anything over 200.

Latest posts