• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

Will it keep a str line for you? or do you have to flip it!
No. It will continue to turn until it slows wayyyy down and glides straight at it's last direction of flight.

I have a new another new diamond in the bag for straight hyzer flips. (multiple discs in multiple wear stages)

No kidding... I've never seen a disc at Walgreen's.

At least 5 out of the 9 or so walgreens carries innova and discraft. Some of them carry that quest and abc brand as well. I just stumbled onto this walgreens and all they had were a bunch of quest and a nice stack of opto diamonds and fuses and cores. I was like holy crap, so snagged a few. They are a bit cheaper than dicks and mc sports but not as cheap as the discs i can get through my local club. Except, the disc guy from our club is hard to track down most of the time.:(

Your local walgreens sells Latitude 64?!?!

:wall:

Also, maybe it's a northern Illinois thing. Alot of our road-ranger gas stations and select convenience stores will carry discs because of all the local courses and hype. Seems to make since.

I just got a red Opto from DGC. Its pretty domey and glidey. Not a lot of fade.
I was a little disappointed, though, the dome is lop-sided or warped a bit.
I had a Striker like that once, too.
I don't think it really disrupts the flight, though.

I just got a red Opto from DGC. Its pretty domey and glidey. Not a lot of fade.
I was a little disappointed, though, the dome is lop-sided or warped a bit.
I had a Striker like that once, too.
I don't think it really disrupts the flight, though.

sounds like it warped during shipping

I just got in 42 holes today with the Diamond in my bag for the first time, and it's great...just great. I'ma bump this now then start reading, discuss:popcorn:

Quoted from my bag thread:
On another note, the Diamond performed very very well today on a number of lines whether it was calm or fairly windy (nothing crazy). I don't recall ever reading a Diamond thread so I know very little about the disc but just based upon the look of the wing it's like a baby River - it's just a tiny bit slower [smaller rim] and the inside lip is more shallow. I was throwing a 155 pretty domey red/pink and it did everything from true hyzers to late flips to intentional turn'n'burns...thing is AWESOME:thmbup: Glides like whoa and leaves the hand in an instant. From a standstill I was cranking them out pretty darn close to my normal full run up [170+] Teebird/River throws - and they aren't even a "fast" disc!

I've thrown my wife's a couple of times
is a decent disc
not OAT friendly...nothing wrong with that though

I use a diamond for many shots...lately a OH shot that goes through its flight pattern extremely fast. Bombed my LE plastic diamond the other day. Just kept on gliding!

16b1ed29013cb1f3b09290f29a0b7e02.jpg

Thread revival!

I got a 153g Diamond last week and it might be one of my best disc purchases ever. What I love about it, particularly now that there's snow on the ground, is how easy it is to throw from a standstill. I don't have much distance, probably average 275', but I'm chucking my Diamond 250+ flat-footed. It seems to just shoot out of my hand, unlike any other disc I've thrown.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience with the Diamond? Do other low-weight discs fly like this? I've thrown Blizzard Bosses, Teedevils and Katanas, but dumped them because they didn't get any further than speed 9 stuff I was throwing at the time (Valk, Roadrunner).

Thread revival!

I got a 153g Diamond last week and it might be one of my best disc purchases ever. What I love about it, particularly now that there's snow on the ground, is how easy it is to throw from a standstill. I don't have much distance, probably average 275', but I'm chucking my Diamond 250+ flat-footed. It seems to just shoot out of my hand, unlike any other disc I've thrown.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience with the Diamond? Do other low-weight discs fly like this? I've thrown Blizzard Bosses, Teedevils and Katanas, but dumped them because they didn't get any further than speed 9 stuff I was throwing at the time (Valk, Roadrunner).

I use my Red 155g TM Diamond off the tee from a standstill a lot or standstill fairway shot that I need to flip up and fly straight 275-300+ It's amazing in any wind but a headwind. Everyone who I hand it to loves how great the small rim feels in the hand. When I was in TX over Thanksgiving I played a short pitch and putt style wooded course. I threw the diamond on over half the tees from a hyzer angle standstill. I Climo'd that place. Threw a par on the first and birdied the rest. :hfive:

I have one - it's like a beat-in Leopard.

5 min montser...

Hey, I gotta get some things accomplished at my desk...

Thread revival!

As a self confessed noodle arm: without much stepping into it, most light weight (150'ish) discs will go further than heavier discs of same mold (YMMV). I can see a Diamond as a good choice for more D with less power. But they take some room to work (at least mine does) so not great on a tight tunnel shot. I think a Leo flies straighter right outta the box.

Last edited:
I have one - it's like a beat-in Leopard.

But much less flippy than a beat-in Leopard of the same weight.

I love my Diamond - doesn't hurt that the opto plastic can take a beating and the disc keeps pretty much the same flight.

Sometimes I thin the Diamond was made to be thrown from a stand-still.

That's what it feels like to me. With my normal x-step, it flies pretty much exactly like my 173g River, which is to say I have a tendency to really turn it over. From a standstill, I can do just about anything with it....turnover, straight with or without fade, even hyzer. It's crazy. I tried throwing that same River flat from a standstill and it's always shorter and usually with much more fade.

But much less flippy than a beat-in Leopard of the same weight.

I love my Diamond - doesn't hurt that the opto plastic can take a beating and the disc keeps pretty much the same flight.

I dunno about OPTO v. Champ, but I have a Proto-material Diamond and a well-seasoned DX Leopard. Brand new, my Diamond (when new) turned over easier (i.e. at lower disc speed) than my already beat Leo. Had to throw leopard faster than diamond before it would turn over... not a huge difference, but it was definitely noticeable. Just my experience - FWIW.

Regardless, seems we agree that the diamond is a good disc to get out there with no steps, which makes it good for winter play as well as uphill lies that are hard to step into, but you still have a long way to go, or are recovering from some sort of injury and can't step into as you normally would.

Latest posts